• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CWP SC Regulations?

Tidewater

imported post

I'm sure i'll be explained all this when I decided to take my CWP course, but I want to do a little background info in human talk vs. reading the legislative "sometimes confusing laws." I am 23 years old and have and always will support the 2nd amendment. A friend of mine has bought a S&W Sigma and recieved his CWP after being robbed twice at gunpoint taking the nightly deposit in Conway, SC. I've been going to the range and shooting his weapon. I've grown to really enjoy doing this and decided it was time for me to purchase my own. After looking at many handguns, I decided on a Springfield XD .40 with a 4" barrel. It fits my hands well and I love the way it shoots. Now I'm interesting in carrying the weapon on me day-to-day. As a non-permitee, I know I am permitted to carry the loaded weapon on my premisess and in my glove box or console; but as a permittee, what would be the major restrictions regarding personal carry and would it really benefit me to proceed with the CWP course (Of course the more training the better)? Must it be totally concealed and out of view from everyone?

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Just realize that people are going to stare, point, call the cops, get mad, yell things at you, watch your every move, and feel very uneasy until you leave the area, should you decide to OC. Personally, I don't care what people do or think. I'd rather OC and never need my weapon, than not OC because it makes some Nancy-ass liberal scared.

Criminals will not target you because you OC, that is a horse crap bigoted opinion made by anti-gun sissies and cops who aim to discourage OC'ers. You will have presence that will probably make everyone (including bad guys) think you are a cop or a security guard. Just keep assuring yourself that you're not doing anything wrong and you should be fine. I'd also suggesting thinking of what you're going to say SHOULD you get stopped by an LEO. They are quick on their toes and will capitalize on whatever they can. Know your rights, know the laws, and don't back down. Don't be an asshole, but don't be a sissy either. :D

Personally, its a preference and a lot easier in 100+ degree hear here in Vegas. I can easily obtain my CCW here in Vegas if I wanted to spend the nearly $250, but I just don't see it to be necessary. I carry a Glock 19 and 2 extra mags. MY weapon is always ready to fire and I am always condition yellow ready to move to orange at the drop of a hat.

There is more training you need to go through, but you're on the right track.

PM me if you have any more questions.