Thread: ohio ccw instructor lie's???

Post imported post

Hi,

I am new to this website. I just obtained my ohio license to carry concealed andright at the begginning of the class the instructor made a comment about"open carry" and he says that when you get your concealed carry license that you are giving up your "right to open carry." However I can find no reference to giving up that right in any of the bills passed by the Ohio Legislature such as HB-12 and HB-347. He further explained that if you were caught "open carry'ing" with a concealed license that you were committing assult.

Can someone tell me if this guy is right and if he is please point me to Ohio law that says it.

-thank you

Post imported post

It's a bunch of malarke. The new laws for CCWs actually took a good step forward in ensuring that OCing on foot without a permit was legal, regardless of local laws. It sounds like a normal NRA instructor's mentality: they make money off of the training courses which are required for a CCW in most juristictions, so they either intentionally or subconsciously push the agenda against unlicensed open carry in their favor. Can't blame them for trying to increase their business, but it's incorrect all the same.

Post imported post

Who is this instructor? Heshould be boycotted!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Bunk. Here's the criminal law section of the ORC (cf sec. 2903, 2917):

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/29

-ljp

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

A lot of them do the same nonsense here in PA.

Post imported post

He owns a gun store and while i was there he had a shoulder harness on with 2 glocks open carry'ing.

cato wrote:

Post imported post

Please inform him he is wrong, or let one of us do it.

Post imported post

Well, you can always OC in your home or place of business in Ohio (if it's your business or the boss says it's ok), irrespective of permits.

-ljp

freedom1776 wrote:
    He owns a gun store and while i was there he had a shoulder harness on with 2 glocks open carry'ing.

cato wrote:

Post imported post

Ok now he is saying that anytime someone sees your gun that you are committing assult on that "person." He says that even a robber in your own house by pointing a gun at them you are committing "assult." He says whenever you are carrying a concealed weapon and it becomes visible by any accident that you are brandishing it, yet I can find no reference to brandishing even mentioned in the Ohio Revised Code. I think he is making up his own rules for his class members instead of following the actual law.

Post imported post

Just pass the class and move on. There's no helping some people.

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    Just pass the class and move on. There's no helping some people.
    Thats what I am beginning to think.

Post imported post

Yet more bunk. It's true that "assault" is strictly different from "battery," but what he's saying is simply wrong.

-ljp

Post imported post

freedom1776 wrote:
    Hi,

I am new to this website. I just obtained my ohio license to carry concealed andright at the begginning of the class the instructor made a comment about"open carry" and he says that when you get your concealed carry license that you are giving up your "right to open carry." However I can find no reference to giving up that right in any of the bills passed by the Ohio Legislature such as HB-12 and HB-347. He further explained that if you were caught "open carry'ing" with a concealed license that you were committing assult.

Can someone tell me if this guy is right and if he is please point me to Ohio law that says it.

-thank you
    OCing is a Constituitional Right.

As far as "CCW" I truly Believe that that's a Constituitional Right with the Interferense of the Gov as well.

According to the CCW states it's more a Privilege rather than a Right.

I tell ALL officer that I encounter that OC is a Right, but that the State gave me the "Privilege" to CCW when need and Appropriate.

Just my .45

Post imported post

Well, bearing a firearm is a 2nd Amendment right. The 2nd Amendment does not state HOW, WHEN, WHERE, TYPE, etc. It "just says" we have the right! NO ONE has the right to tell us otherwise!!!

The ONLY reason there are laws overriding what the Constitution grants us is because WE THE PEOPLE LET IT HAPPEN!!!

nstructor-Counter Force

Post imported post

Very true, and very sad. I admit I am as much to blame as anyone else though.

Post imported post

Brian@ITC wrote:
    Well, bearing a firearm is a 2nd Amendment right. The 2nd Amendment does not state HOW, WHEN, WHERE, TYPE, etc. It "just says" we have the right! NO ONE has the right to tell us otherwise!!!
    I agree - these damn anti-gun liberals drive me nuts. Where did the states get the right to set these parameter on gun carrying? I thought this was federal law.
    My mom used to preach this anti gun crap - and because of it I didn't carry a gun or even like them until I got knocked over the head pretty good once and laid up in the hospital for awhile. It won't happen again, I assure this and so does my
    [img]file:///C:/Users/DEREKJ%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/DEREKJ%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/img]
    [img]file:///C:/Users/DEREKJ%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/DEREKJ%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/DEREKJ%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/img]that is in plain view when I am uncomfortable. Where did all this fear of guns come from anyways?
    My grandfather told me in his "day" that everyone, even teens carried a gun or two, and no one thought anything of it. It was socially acceptable. And he grew up right here in Toledo.
    Its fear, that is the key, they play on peoples fears and manipulate them. I don't think we should be blaming ourselves for this though. "They" no how to do this, and "they" have it down to a complete exact science. But that is a whole other matter I guess.
    This is what has to be changed.