Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My response to the Springfield Mall thread...

Post imported post

Bored and PO'ed this morning....
    "The Consumerist: How To Launch An Executive Email Carpet Bomb"
    http://tinyurl.com/2y8r4z

Step one and two are below.
    Step three has already been completed....
    http://tinyurl.com/2l8qch - Email format...

Step four has been prepared.....
    http://tinyurl.com/3xl9mv - Board of Trustees
    http://tinyurl.com/2rxf37 - Management personnel (bottom of the page)

So now, it depends on this poor PR Flak catcher's response, which I predict will be poor....

To: info@Springfieldmall.com
    Subject: Springfield, VA Mall Policy inquiry

I do fully expect a real human response to this email. And let it be known, the eyes of Virginia are upon you.

Springfield Mall in Virginia's policy page states
    "Possession of a weapon, even if legally carried, except by law enforcement"
    http://www.springfieldmall.com/security.aspx

Thank you for making it easy for me to know where NOT to spend my money.

Rules such as these make decisions quite simple, in fact. I simply will not go places where criminals and the insane would be allowed to run amok as they please.

I'm sure I'll get some haughty email telling me that it's for safety concerns. I mean after all, who could be against safety?

I'm sure Matthew LaPorte, Matthew Gwantley, Waleed Shalaan, Mike Pohle, Dr. Liviu Librescu, Ross Alameddine, Brian Bluhm, Caitlin Hammeran, Mary Read, Reema Samaha, Maxine Turner, Jarret Lane, Juan Ortiz, Dr. G.V. Loganathan, Emily Hilscher, Leslie Sherman, Henry Lee, Kevin Granata, Jamie Bishop, Ryan Clark, Julia Pryde, Nichole White, Jeremy Herbstritt, Professor Jocylene Couture-Nowak, Rachel Hill, Daniel Perez Cueva, Erin Peterson, Daniel O’ Neill, Lauren McCain, Minal Panchal, Austin Cloyd, and Partahi Lumbantoruan are ALL thankful for VT's stance on safety.

Perhaps we should ask for their opinions on the malls' disarming policy. If they were still alive.

Given the number of brutal killings of people in places they are forced to disarm, I can NOT believe anyone would be so naive as to think that someone, already intent on breaking much more severe laws, would follow such a minor regulation.

I, for one, will not patronize such a place that is run by people living in a fantasy land.

-{AbNo}
    I'll let you know of any updates. Including if I have to go DEFCON1.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I hear that the Springfield mall is a hangout for gangs and there have been many problems there with criminal activity.

It seems that the mall may have banned guns as a knee jerk reaction to the crime they are experiencing. It is a shame that they did not consider that the criminals who are breaking the laws are going to disregard these mall rules too and carry.

But what it comes down to is money and the mall receiving only one letter will not really care. You would need to have a letter campaign on a grand scale to really have an impact.

It will be interesting to see what they give as a response.

Post imported post

I'm sure it's there, but I've never seen any *real* gang activity at SM. What I have seen are snotty unattendedteenagers whose parents don't give a flipthat they dress like punks, walk around acting "hardcore", talk loudly about innapropriate things using bad language,and chill outside smoking cigarettes.

Dang, I sound old.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    I'm sure it's there, but I've never seen any *real* gang activity at SM. What I have seen are snotty unattendedteenagers whose parents don't give a flipthat they dress like punks, walk around acting "hardcore", talk loudly about innapropriate things using bad language,and chill outside smoking cigarettes.

Dang, I sound old.
    Plenty of gang violence has occured at SM.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    But what it comes down to is money and the mall receiving only one letter will not really care. You would need to have a letter campaign on a grand scale to really have an impact.

Re-read the OP, LEO...

And click that link. I already said I'm arming salvos.

If anyone wants the email list I compile for this, let me know.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Question - has Springfield posted? Or is it fine print on their web site, designed to protect them IF?

If it's fine print, I'd be willing to be a test case for that. I should NOT have to sign a contract to go to a mall and spend money.

If they post, they'd need to do so at all entrances. I've never seen a posting yet.

So I'll continue to carry there. If I have issues, I'll post.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

It's on their website, as linked in the message, but according to the thread I based this from...
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/4173.html

Springfield Mall is no longer posted.

I of course didn't mention this, only the dact it was on the website. Perhaps it's a case of a lazy/indifferent webmaster? I'll give them credit of doubt until they prove otherwise.

DEFCON 3.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:

Re-read the OP, LEO...

And click that link. I already said I'm arming salvos.

If anyone wants the email list I compile for this, let me know.
    I said GRAND SCALE!!!!!

It would need to be so significant that it truly has an impact on sales and customer count. You would need to basically empty half the mall of customers before anyone would take you seriously. And since Fairfax county has so many residents.... I just do not see that ever happening.

It will still be interesting to see what they have to say.

Post imported post

Why you gotta be hatin', LEO?

There's always large-scale Emmail Carpet Bombing...

Call your friends! Higher-ups don't like it when the plebs start talking to them.

Post imported post

Eh, he tried to play the safety card.

Do not read more into that than exactly what I said.

I'm too friggin' beat to respond right now, though.

Can anyone give me some good crime stats for in/around the mall.

Really fun part is, he CC'd about 6 people. Without my permission.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

4000 flyers on every car in the parking lot on a Saturday should do it.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    You would need to basically empty half the mall of customers before anyone would take you seriously.
    I don't know about customers, but something has emptied half the mall of stores over the past year or so. I was in SM a few weeks ago for the first time in about a year and it's nearly empty - the store I was looking for wasn't even there anymore. Anyway, I OCd for nearly an hour looking for a store selling a particular kitchen gadget I needed. I didn't see any signs about firearms and didn't attract any attention from store owners or security either.

Post imported post

I haven't stepped foot in Springfield Mall in over 5 years.

That place is a pit, the traffic in that area is a total mess, and the MallRatz have taken over. :X

Fair Oaks Mall isn't much better, but they seem to keep the MallRatz in check,and it has a Sears (I always need new tools)

Assault Weapon (N) Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians..

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ET wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    You would need to basically empty half the mall of customers before anyone would take you seriously.
    I don't know about customers, but something has emptied half the mall of stores over the past year or so. I was in SM a few weeks ago for the first time in about a year and it's nearly empty - the store I was looking for wasn't even there anymore. Anyway, I OCd for nearly an hour looking for a store selling a particular kitchen gadget I needed. I didn't see any signs about firearms and didn't attract any attention from store owners or security either.
    Hmm, I'm thing the dark and unattractive interior combined with the crime.
    ---

Post imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
    ET wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    Hmm, I'm thing the dark and unattractive interior combined with the crime.
    I agree!

Post imported post

I have not stepped in SM since I moved out of Fairfax in 2000. It was almost a **** hole then I can not imagine what its like now.

I did crack up when I found the posting for Potomac Mills though. Its on their list of regulations inside the entrance. A huge board has about 20 things listed. The last one is a no firearms and you "will be asked to leave."

Post imported post

Shovelhead wrote:
    I haven't stepped foot in Springfield Mall in over 5 years.

That place is a pit, the traffic in that area is a total mess, and the MallRatz have taken over. :X

Fair Oaks Mall isn't much better, but they seem to keep the MallRatz in check,and it has a Sears (I always need new tools)

I still remember when Fair Oaks was the brand new mall that everyone wanted to go see. It's sad how far it has sunk since then.

Post imported post

lol what a joke... that place is a total dive, I never go to SM. There aren't even any stores that sell anything I want left. Allowing upstanding citizens to carry openly would likely attract more of the right kind of people and dissuade losers from acting tough on the premises.

I'm surprised they don't see that... the mall is failing. But what do you expect? The only clientele they have are wannabe gangstas, ordinary people find it an uncomfortable place to be. If I were in management I would look at decent citizens demanding to open carry as a god-send: something to bring the mall out of the gutter it's been in for the last 10 years. It's not as though their current policies are working very well. :quirky

Post imported post

... and they have a FCPD substation outside of Macy's due to the high shoplifting and other crimes. I rarely go but when I do I'm CCW. Just think how bad it would be if they didn't do a recent facelift.

Post imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    I'm sure it's there, but I've never seen any *real* gang activity at SM. What I have seen are snotty unattendedteenagers whose parents don't give a flipthat they dress like punks, walk around acting "hardcore", talk loudly about inappropriate things using bad language,and chill outside smoking cigarettes.

Dang, I sound old.
    Plenty of gang violence has occurred at SM.
    I had a "problem" with what some may call a gang at Springfield Mall. I wrote about it in another thread. It was a group of nine, which may get labeled a gang, they were probably wannabes.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=54

Post imported post

I did contact the mall about this, they assured me they would look into it. They started closing different parts of the mall at night and only allowing access to better watch the entrance and exits.

I also saw them tell a bunch standing outside the exit they had to move inside or leave.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Has the question about trespass law been answered?

IANAL but intentionally trespass for my own reasons. I believe, and have not yet been demonstrated wrong, that constructive or effective notice is required, an element not often met.

SC's intentionally burdensome sign law creats 'effective notice' to people carrying guns. http://www.scstatehouse.net/code/t23c031.htm SECTION 23-31-235

As an owner of attractive hunting property I can relate that mere signage is legally moot. I have to personally notify hunters from off-Island that they are not welcome on my land and that only my neighbors may hunt it.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Has the question about trespass law been answered?

IANAL but intentionally trespass for my own reasons. I believe, and have not yet been demonstrated wrong, that constructive or effective notice is required, an element not often met.

SC's intentionally burdensome sign law creats 'effective notice' to people carrying guns. http://www.scstatehouse.net/code/t23c031.htm SECTION 23-31-235

As an owner of attractive hunting property I can relate that mere signage is legally moot. I have to personally notify hunters from off-Island that they are not welcome on my land and that only my neighbors may hunt it.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******
    You keep ranting about "being equal."

In your world.... good people can do what they want and nobody can place any restrictions on them.

What happened to "either we are equal or we are not" !!?? You have just excluded bad people so now someone is no longerequal. So as long as YOU benefit.... it is OK.

Reality check..... Life is not fair and we are not equal.

Post imported post

ET wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    I've read recently that the SM owner and FFX County want to "revitalize" the SM and surrounding area. The powers that be realize the SM is loosing customers and is becoming a hangout for people with nothing to do but look for trouble.

Post imported post

automan wrote:
    ET wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    I've read recently that the SM owner and FFX County want to "revitalize" the SM and surrounding area. The powers that be realize the SM is loosing customers and is becoming a hangout for people with nothing to do but look for trouble.

When you let people get their foot in the door... (gangs and criminals).... they will stay and invite their friends.

I think this is what happened at the mall. The mall did nothing for so long and now it is a "hang out" spot.

But some people think "weare equal or we are not"... so the criminals do have an equal right to be there armed and should not be messed with (Sarcasm)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast