Thread: Carpooling to Norfolk City Council August 28th?

Post imported post

Is anybody in the Richmond area interested in carpooling to the Norfolk City Council meeting on August 28th?

VCDL is having a "show of force" with the City Council - similar to what they did in Manassas - over the Harborfest incident where Chet Czyminski (sp?) got hassled by the police for open-carrying. Norfolk had enacted a city ordinance against firearms at Harborfest, contrary to pre-emption.

I'm planning on leaving around 5 PM, and can take up to 3 passengers (4 if someone wants to sit between split seats:shock. PM me to work out arrangements.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I heard talk about the 30th? I must be getting confused. I personally want to go to the about the gentlemen getting unlawfully detained and etc for OCing. I don't have my work schedule past the 25th, but I definitely want to do everything I can to make it out to the council meeting on the 28th.

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/3757.html quotes directly from the VCDL Update newsletter and it says 8-28-07 so I'm sure that's the right date.

Post imported post

Confusion over. I put in to be off on the 28th,and my fiancee (amanda to those who were at the OC dinner.) do plan on going. Money is short as she just started a new job,and I am starting a new job sooner. I'd love to work out a carpool/car train up there.

Post imported post

When would you guys be leaving? I need to pick up my 1911 at 8am, and it's a 2 hour drive to Richmond from here.

I'm wanting to go, but it's about $40 in gas one way for me to drive down there.

4 hour drive + 91 Jeep Cherokee = :shock: on gas
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    When would you guys be leaving? I need to pick up my 1911 at 8am, and it's a 2 hour drive to Richmond from here.

I'm wanting to go, but it's about $40 in gas one way for me to drive down there.

LOL.....interesting. I'm glad my acura is a gas sipper, but I would prefer to avoid driving my lowered/built car on a long trip...

Post imported post

You may be on to something considering that all of the roads here are perpetually under construction. :X

Post imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
    You may be on to something considering that all of the roads here are perpetually under construction. :X
    Well its my daily driver, but the main purpose of most/all the modifications are track use,...so long trips tend to get a little bumpy ...I'm a car nut too...

Post imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
    AbNo wrote:

LOL.....interesting. I'm glad my acura is a gas sipper, but I would prefer to avoid driving my¬* lowered/built car on a long trip...
    Funny thing is, I've been getting about 17mpg, which is actually HIGHER than the OLDER EPA projections for it. :-D

So like I said, when are people heading down?

Post imported post

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'm planning to attend and can drive/ride with others. I have fairly convenient parking off I-95 exit 126.
    ---

Post imported post

Ridiculous. That's my little sister's birthday. Don't know if I'll be able to attend.

Post imported post

nickerj1 wrote:
    Ridiculous. That's my little sister's birthday. Don't know if I'll be able to attend.
    Bring her! She might actually learn something
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    Anyone from the Centreville/NoVa area going???
    I have gas money.
    Ditto. I would really prefer not to drive down there on 81, if someone's passing through this way.

Post imported post

Nobody from Richmond? Chesterfield?Chester? Henrico? Petersburg? Col. Heights? Prince George? Hopewell?

Post imported post

Edit: More informative second post below.

Post imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
    Nobody from Richmond? Chesterfield?Chester? Henrico? Petersburg? Col. Heights? Prince George? Hopewell?
    Well, I'm about two hours from Richmond, North on 81....

Does that help anyone?

I could also meet up in Charlottesville, if someone has somewhere for me to park.

Post imported post

Anyone from NoVA Attending that I can get a ride with? I'm in Lake Ridge.

PM me ASAP.

Thanks!