• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carpooling to Norfolk City Council August 28th?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Is anybody in the Richmond area interested in carpooling to the Norfolk City Council meeting on August 28th?

VCDL is having a "show of force" with the City Council - similar to what they did in Manassas - over the Harborfest incident where Chet Czyminski (sp?) got hassled by the police for open-carrying. Norfolk had enacted a city ordinance against firearms at Harborfest, contrary to pre-emption.

I'm planning on leaving around 5 PM, and can take up to 3 passengers (4 if someone wants to sit between split seats:shock:). PM me to work out arrangements.

stay safe.

skidmark

Ghettokracker71

imported post

I heard talk about the 30th? I must be getting confused. I personally want to go to the about the gentlemen getting unlawfully detained and etc for OCing. I don't have my work schedule past the 25th, but I definitely want to do everything I can to make it out to the council meeting on the 28th.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Confusion over. I put in to be off on the 28th,and my fiancee (amanda to those who were at the OC dinner.) do plan on going. Money is short as she just started a new job,and I am starting a new job sooner. I'd love to work out a carpool/car train up there.

AbNo

imported post

When would you guys be leaving? I need to pick up my 1911 at 8am, and it's a 2 hour drive to Richmond from here.

I'm wanting to go, but it's about $40 in gas one way for me to drive down there.

4 hour drive + 91 Jeep Cherokee = :shock: on gas

Ghettokracker71

imported post

AbNo wrote:
When would you guys be leaving? I need to pick up my 1911 at 8am, and it's a 2 hour drive to Richmond from here.

I'm wanting to go, but it's about $40 in gas one way for me to drive down there.

LOL.....interesting. I'm glad my acura is a gas sipper, but I would prefer to avoid driving my lowered/built car on a long trip...:uhoh:

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
You may be on to something considering that all of the roads here are perpetually under construction. :X
Well its my daily driver, but the main purpose of most/all the modifications are track use,...so long trips tend to get a little bumpy :dude: ...I'm a car nut too...

AbNo

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
AbNo wrote:

LOL.....interesting. I'm glad my acura is a gas sipper, but I would prefer to avoid driving my  lowered/built car on a long trip...:uhoh:

Funny thing is, I've been getting about 17mpg, which is actually HIGHER than the OLDER EPA projections for it. :-D

So like I said, when are people heading down?

nickerj1

imported post

Ridiculous. That's my little sister's birthday. Don't know if I'll be able to attend.

AbNo

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
Nobody from Richmond? Chesterfield?Chester? Henrico? Petersburg? Col. Heights? Prince George? Hopewell?

Well, I'm about two hours from Richmond, North on 81....

Does that help anyone?

I could also meet up in Charlottesville, if someone has somewhere for me to park.:uhoh: