• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW badge

Skuggi

imported post

Lets wear bright yellow bandana's as flags like they hoodies yo!

Tomahawk wrote:
Lthrnck wrote:
Well how about a secret badge... we could make one up and give it out like the Masons do.. then if you see a fellow gun toter... with the Secret Badge you could go up to them and give the Secret Squirrel handshake..
We could have a gang sign...or a decoder ring.

imperialism2024

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Badges are issued to agents of the state. Guns are supposed to be for everyone.

Asside from the usual (valid) argument of people getting permits being wannabe cops with these badges... I think it further shows the incredulous parity that people associate Guns with Government. Responsible citizens are supposed to undo that dangerous notion, not propound it.

The gun itself is more important than the Permit, your ID, or any badge that carrys no weight of law...

+1

Adamdude04

imported post

Simple solution, for you wanna-beeeeees

Go down to your local print shop, make a name for your security company, for example, "Colorado Armed Security: Providing Armed security" and have some business cards printed up.

Get a tax ID

if you ever get in a spot where you need a reason to carry it, "uhhh I'm armed security, owner"

or ask this, "if I was in uniform, would you be worried?"

Two great ways to imply you're important!

I like the badge idea. I got my from CSP.state.co.com

Adamdude04

imported post

eh well if you have nothing, make something! :p

I dont recomend being something you're not..someone calls you out..uhhh you better have a godo reason!

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Mixed opinions. Most CC only guys are all about "Concealed means concealed." And take it even to the point of not wearing apparel supporting self-defense, ammo, guns,etc. So I don't think the market really sets. That being said, I can see how cops could try to charge you with impersenating an officer, but that logically doesn't make sence; Seeing how armed security gaurds clearly have copy-cat police uniforms,and even copy-cat the police cars.:banghead:

ShipAhoy

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
Armed security, whether real or fake, requires certain certification from the state. I wouldn't recommend playing armed security if you're not certified (Act 120?).
Armed Security is ACT 235
Police Officers ACT 120
CCW ACT your age.

sydcomebak

imported post

ShipAhoy wrote:
Armed Security is ACT 235
Police Officers ACT 120
CCW ACT your age.

I like it!

I'm ACT 235ed and I can tell you that one thing they stress in class is that you gain no more rights being certified than a normal citizen with a LtCF. The cert only is really used by security companies to assure themselves that if you have a gun for work, you know how to use it.

I compare this to the EVOC certification for driving an ambulance. You don't NEED it legally to drive one, but most Ambulance companies require it because it keeps their insurance rates lower.

As for badges, how about a little leather LTCF ID holder to clip to the belt next to the holster instead?

Badges(visible)

PRO - This will ease the panic in SOME people who just catch a glance of your OC or accidentally exposed CC. If they catch a glimpse of a badge too, they will probably just think, Off Duty LEO.

CON - A visible badge could look like an attempt to imitate a PO.

Badges(concealed)

PRO
- If a private citizen questions your carry and you aren't of the "mind your own business" attitude, you could flash a LtCF badge and that could ease some tension.

CON - Abadge, again, could look like an attempt to imitate a PO. Also, a lot of people look at this as "wannabe-ish."