• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any joggers out there?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

dngreer wrote:
You're right, I'm wrong.
As per usual.
highfive.gif

dngreer wrote:
The closest anyone will come to carrying 24/7 is almost 24/7. No one carries while they are naked in the shower, swimming in a pool, giving birth, or many other things.
Wrong again...

tuco1.jpg

dng

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
dngreer wrote:
You're right, I'm wrong.
As per usual.
highfive.gif

dngreer wrote:
The closest anyone will come to carrying 24/7 is almost 24/7. No one carries while they are naked in the shower, swimming in a pool, giving birth, or many other things.
Wrong again...

tuco1.jpg
I'd like to see what Mythbusters has to say about that. But I said I was done arguing, and now I'm at it again....

USN_MA1

imported post

Sorry for not reading through EACH post so if this is a repeat, please find a way to forgive me.

There are belly band type of holsters out there that you can wear under a tshirt(if you are still leaning towards a larger pistol).

OR

Get any type of pocket gun or derringer and a pocket holster. Having that in a back pocket can't be any worse than running with a wallet...I kinda have a thick wallet. A little discomfort(lack of better description) is worth your sense of well being isn't it?

edited for fast typing.

wet_willy

imported post

i have run with my 1911 in a serpa on the belt loops, its fine if your belt is tight. i also have run with a bersa .380 in a JBH? leather pancake holster with thumb break. either works well. and either will probably get the job done, i carry 15 rounds, and if thats not enough, then i am going for a rifle, or my truck(read: more ammo) now, i have a smith model 25 that i dont even like to carry, never tried to run with it so i cant answer for that one, i dont like to carry wheel guns anyway. but jogging is easy once you find a comfortable, solid holster. i found that one with two loops for the belt feels much better than the ones with only one belt loop.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

HankT wrote:
dngreer wrote:
HankT wrote:
Isee the needfor a healthy self-defense protocol in allour lives. But I don't think that equates walking around armed 24/7. That's not normal. Good, I wouldn't want to be considered "normal" by this society. Hardly anyone does it.
I walk around armed almost 24/7; what's that say about me? That I plan on being prepared if something were to happen. Same reason I always wear my seatbelt when I'm in the car.

"Almost 24/7" 24/7

dngreer wrote:
Well, there's at least one; ME!
Nah, by your own admission, youdon't do it. You "almost" do it....you don't really do it.

Nobody normal carries 24/7, I'd suggest....
If I wanted to be 'normal' I probably wouldn't ever open carry or carry at all. Also there have been times where I have gone months with a pistol on my person or within reach. I would suggest if one is will to dedicate themselves to the notion of trying to be always prepared you can find a way to do it. Frankly with the Keltec compacts I think its pretty easy to do. I think running can be a risky activity, particularly because predators can be attracted to running areas. This happened a few miles down on the bike path I normally run on. I don't expect trouble when I run, if I did I wouldn't run to it, but like every other circumstance we can't always prevent trouble from finding us.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/27/AR2007072702215.html

CPerdue

imported post

To my mind, running is the perfect time to carry something heavy. You are after all out there for the exercise. IOW, no cost, extra benefit.

I just hauled my carcass out for a quickie at 6AM, carried mouse gun, ID, house key in a passport-sized waist pouch. If I kept it over my hip it didn't bounce. Still an 80% solution.

C.

NytoVa

imported post

I don't run but I do a lot of biking & walkingand wear a 5.11 holster t-shirt w/ a Glock 23. The shirt has a holster pocket on each side so I use the other side for my id/money/magazine.

I've done 50 +mile bike rides w/o a problem although I'll probably look for a lighter gun for cycling. Something more than my .22 pocket pistol and lighter than the G-23.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

NytoVa wrote:
I've done 50 +mile bike rides w/o a problem although I'll probably look for a lighter gun for cycling. Something more than my .22 pocket pistol and lighter than the G-23.
Maybe consider a S&W Airweight J-frame .38 spl. (Or the Taurus equivalent.)Those are very effective with some good PD ammo.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

HankT wrote:
NytoVa wrote:
Maybe consider a S&W Airweight J-frame .38 spl. (Or the Taurus equivalent.)Those are very effective with some good PD ammo.
:shock:...I actually agree with HankT...:shock:...:lol:

tarzan1888

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
HankT wrote:
NytoVa wrote:
Don't worry it eventually happens to all of us.
attachment.php

UTOC-45-44

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
HankT wrote:
NytoVa wrote:
attachment.php

:shock:...I'm still in Shock...:shock:...:shock:...:shock:...:lol:...:lol:

tarzan1888

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
HankT wrote:
NytoVa wrote:
attachment.php

I know, but that too will pass (just like a kidney stone)
attachment.php

UTOC-45-44

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
HankT wrote:
NytoVa wrote:
attachment.php

I know, but that too will pass (just like a kidney stone)
attachment.php

ROTFLMAO.....

anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif

Enthusiast

imported post

For what it's worth I run at a park near my home. When I do, I carry a gun with me all the time. My preferred way to cary when I'm running isa smallfanny pack. It can be turned around so the pack is in the back and I tighten it up a little so it doesn't flop around. Carrying in a fanny pack is not perfect, but it is best option I have found.

I carry my G26, OC, and ID. Not only do you have to sorry about dogs, but if any criminal was smart he would waituntil afteryou have finished running, when you are at your weakest point, then try to do something. Carry your gun.

JB

imported post

Well thanks for all the input, I ended up going with my Uncle Mike's Sidekick IWB. It rides more securely than I would have thought. Now the only problem I have is getting my lazy butt out there!

Marco

imported post

JB wrote:
SNIP
Now the only problem I have is getting my lazy butt out there!
start a business as a dog walker that will get you out the door :celebrateand put money in your pocket

Edit: SNIP

spurrit

imported post

Get a fanny pack holster. If you get one of the good ones with the nice belt and the dual water bottle holders, they'd stabilise it well. PLUS, it'll make it easier to carry a light, a can of OC, and a couple of spare mags without all the funny looks.

unrequited

imported post

spurrit wrote:

Get a fanny pack holster. If you get one of the good ones with the nice belt and the dual water bottle holders, they'd stabilise it well. PLUS, it'll make it easier to carry a light, a can of OC, and a couple of spare mags without all the funny looks.
...besides the funny look of carrying a Fanny Pack. >J )

spurrit

imported post

Well, it IS a viable answer to his question. Plus, runners are routinely seen wearing the kind of getup I described. If it draws any second looks, they won't be the, "Hey, why's that guy wering that odd looking bag?" type. Heck, anymore, I see people running wearing Camelbak bags.