• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today's Media Lie

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Media was caught forwarding the lie of an Iraqi woman who holds two bullets that "hit her house."

Check the picture and see the oh-so-obvious lie.

http://tinyurl.com/2wx6we

Hat tip to David Hardy and his website, Of Arms and the Law. Check out the analysis showing that the bullets seem to be civilian ammunition. "Where is civilian .223 ammunition coming from in Iraq," is the next question.

http://www.armsandthelaw.com

Mainsail

imported post

Well, since it's not too much effort to just post the pic:

lying.jpg

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Original Iraqi quote was "Dang them pesky kids. With all this ammo lying around, they're even using their slingshots to sling it on my proppity. Almost hit my pet goat."

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

That's pretty funny. A demonstration that 'technology sufficiently advanced is not different from magic,' especially to a technically backward culture.

Remember, some of your fellow Americans believe in homeopathy-magic. And they have every right to their ignorance as does this woman.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

PT111

imported post

That picture is about likeDick Cheneyhunting quail with widely reported buckshot. Media people will believe anything they are told.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

What's so funny? She couldhave been killed!

(sarcasm)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
That's pretty funny.  A demonstration that 'technology sufficiently advanced is not different from magic,' especially to a technically backward culture. 

Remember, some of your fellow Americans believe in homeopathy-magic.  And they have every right to their ignorance as does this woman.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

I'm quite sure that every Iraqi knows how bullets work. During Saddam's reign there were guns in every household.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

AbNo wrote:
A Google Image search for "military surplus ammo" gave me this nice example of the discolorization not polished out on actually military ammo....

lc3006ballcmppf8.jpg

http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2007/08/followup_on_new.php

Is a nice article bringing this up...
Not all military surplus ammo is discolored as in the the above photo....depends on where/when it was manufactured.......

AbNo

imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
AbNo wrote:
A Google Image search for "military surplus ammo" gave me this nice example of the discolorization not polished out on actually military ammo....

lc3006ballcmppf8.jpg

http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2007/08/followup_on_new.php

Is a nice article bringing this up...
Not all military surplus ammo is discolored as in the the above photo....depends on where/when it was manufactured.......

This is still a nice example of discoloration. :D

It also provides the most relevant pictures, I found.

Wooley

imported post

Quit picking on her. With any luck...er it'd be horrible if she accidentally got too close to a PSD. She'd find out what a round that had really been fired looked like.

LEO 229

imported post

She said the bullets "Hit" her house. This was true!!

IMO....

They were found in the streets and then thrown at her house by hand by her son. She recovered them and is letting the people know that someone had hit this poor innocent persons home with two bullets.

End of story.