• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman Killed by Shooter in Salt Lake

b1ack5mith

imported post

man... to think, we could have saved her life... God bless that gal :(

i have a Q guys... if you were in a liquor store, and you hear a bad guy barge in, and youre behind the chip aisle, what do you do? because you never know when weel be in that situation... (personally, id shoot him in the back, yep, rogue style)

Sitrep

imported post

Det. Jeff Bedard with the Salt Lake City Police Department said, "We've got an armed person on the street that we don't have in custody, and that's always a concern to us."

Shouldn't he say that there is a dangerous person not it custody. There are lots of armed people not in custody, and most of us aren't a danger to anyone.

xmirage2kx

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
man... to think, we could have saved her life... God bless that gal :(

i have a Q guys... if you were in a liquor store, and you hear a bad guy barge in, and youre behind the chip aisle, what do you do? because you never know when weel be in that situation... (personally, id shoot him in the back, yep, rogue style)
I am not superman, nor do I have a $1000 per hour lawyer on retainer. I carry to protect myself and the people I care about. Things would have to get pretty bad for me to rush in and play cop. If the BG became a threat to me I would take action with my gun, else I would take action with my phone anddial 911.

sedjester

imported post

Utah Statute: 76-2-402. Force in defense of person -- Forcible felony defined.

(1) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that force is necessary to defend himself or a third person against such other's imminent use of unlawful force. However, that person is justified in using force intended or likely to cause death or serious bodily injury only if he or she reasonably believes that force is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to himself or a third person as a result of the other's imminent use of unlawful force, or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

b1ack5mith

imported post

20$ says hes illegal...

im perfectly fine with anyone who wants to come in legally, the right way, and be hard working, and call themselves american, i have a very very big problem with people who refuse to speak the voted-on language, who wear shirts that say "hecho en mexico", who are proud of mexico, who hate america... if they love it so much why are they here XD (thats what i love about UT, most of the people agree with me... in CA, i couldnt speak my mind in fear of getting my ass kicked lol)

xmirage2kx

imported post

Gotta be careful here about getting your butt kicked too. That being said I dont like anyone who breaks the law, and if just being here is breaking it then you are on that list the same aspeople who rob stores, and that4th car in a row to run the light after it was red, Oh and lets not forget the guy who goes 25mph up the on ramp onto the freeway.

b1ack5mith

imported post

but were not breakin the law :/

i agree though :)

i mean i have cousins and a nephew whos mexican... and my cousin is a christian pastor, and he agrees with us on the anti illegal stuff :)

Enthusiast

imported post

Sitrep wrote:
Det. Jeff Bedard with the Salt Lake City Police Department said, "We've got an armed person on the street that we don't have in custody, and that's always a concern to us."

Shouldn't he say that there is a dangerous person not it custody. There are lots of armed people not in custody, and most of us aren't a danger to anyone.
Most armed persons aren't going out and committing Homicide or other Felonies. He was refering to persons who are armed, and who commit crimes with their firearm(s).

b1ack5mith

imported post

yep, theyre just ignorant cops who wanna take away another one of our rights. this is gunna be the last standing state to allow weapons, because our citizens here are so PRO guns

Enthusiast

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
yep, theyre just ignorant cops who wanna take away another one of our rights. this is gunna be the last standing state to allow weapons, because our citizens here are so PRO guns
You're right, this State is very PRO Gun, and I'm glad it is. The majority of Police Officers are also PRO Gun, and I'm gladwe are.

b1ack5mith

imported post

me too brother, we gotta stick together, and use this right, because theres always gunna be a butthole who tries to take our guns away, but you know what? if they DO make it illegal, i wont obey that (lowercase L) law. because the REAL law says we can :) mani wish i could make my own country lol