• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walther P99 .40

USN_MA1

imported post

I have a basic Kydex paddle holster for OC which works great but for the life of me can't find anything else. I am looking for a standard holster...meaning that I am not looking for a fanny pack or whatever like that. I really wouldnt mind a CC holster that I could even use as OC...but doesnt have to.

Thanks in advance.

Sitrep

imported post

I have that in the QA version, and I love it.

I ended up getting a shoulder holster ($$ Galco $$) for it, and I find it to be fairly comfortable, CC or OC just depending on if you're wearing a jacket. Tough to CC on the hot days though. Not as good a selection of holsters out there as there are for some more common guns, but there are some.

USN_MA1

imported post

That is the issue. I like the pistol but just dont carry it much. Its just hard to find a good holster for it. I have the same issue for my wife's baby eagle. Not exactly common pistols.

vabi

imported post

i gotta tell ya i have the p99, and a simple kydex holster. it holds the firearm very close to my body and when i want to conceal, i just slip a shirt over it. sure it prints a little, but so does my cell phone and nobody knows just what you have under there.

freedom

imported post

USN_MA1 wrote:
That is the issue. I like the pistol but just dont carry it much. Its just hard to find a good holster for it. I have the same issue for my wife's baby eagle. Not exactly common pistols.

This is the one I use for my Walther P99. Click on the link:

http://www.donhume.com/Products/ProductsPage.cfm?ProductID=39

Itoo just purchased a Baby Eagle 9mm and use a Yaqui holster from Galco. Not many choices on this one

What cal. baby eagle do you have?

Any problems with it?

USN_MA1

imported post

freedom wrote:
USN_MA1 wrote:

This is the one I use for my Walther P99. Click on the link:

http://www.donhume.com/Products/ProductsPage.cfm?ProductID=39

Itoo just purchased a Baby Eagle 9mm and use a Yaqui holster from Galco. Not many choices on this one

What cal. baby eagle do you have?

Any problems with it?
.45 and the only problem I have had with it is shooting worse than my wife with it. Good thing its hers...still pisses me off though. Thanks for the link!! ;)

Eeyore

imported post

I'm considering both of the weapons you mentioned (P99 and BDE) as my next purchase. I've been researching holster avialability for them as I go. Haven't had much luck wih BDE holsters (although you can buy one from the Magnum Research website), but there's a lot for the very-similar CZ75. Here are the companies I've found that make holsters for these guns:

Tucker (P99 and CZ75)
High Noon (P99 and CZ75)
Com-Tac (P99 and CZ75)
Safariland (#6377 for P99, #5181 for BDE)
CQC Infinite Cant (P99)
Bulman (P99 and CZ75)
Fobus (Roto model, P99 and BDE)
Crossbreed (CZ75)

Good hunting.