• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robber uses mask made of duct tape

reefteach

imported post

A man uses a duct tape mask to conceal his identity durring liquor store robbery, but:

Store manager Bill Steele had some duct tape of his own, but his was wrapped around a wooden club that sent the robber fleeing

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/9129056.html

ducttape.jpg

Be sure to check outboth post-arrest videos.

Tomahawk

imported post

Like an episode of Jackass gone horribly right.

I especially like the Beavis and Butthead reference.

After watching his interview I can't help but think what an idiot that man is...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Very interesting, and funny, story.

I note that no gun was used by the liquor store manager. He only used a a club. Luckily, that's all that was needed in this case. Pulling out a gun for this goofball wouldn't have helped matters any, I don't think.

And that is even better exemplified by the store employee, Craig Miller, a good ole boy, who just went out and tackled the duct tape guy and held him for the police. It must have been obvious that the goofball was not armed--so it was pretty safe to just go hands on. I mean, you could get scraped up or tear your pants leg or something like that. But there wasn't any real danger from the robber. No need for a gun on this one. Kudos to those guys for not using one, if they had one. I gotta suspect the manager had to have one handy...

What a loser that duct tape guy is. But his rap had a kind of a...rhythm to it. Kind of a song beginning. Maybe something like...the Duct Tape Bandit song...

Do I look like a duct tape bandit?

Baby, no I ain't

Baby, do the homework

Baby, do the math

I ain't no duct tape bandit

Baby, you can count on dat

:p

Legba

imported post

I think Zappa already covered freak bandits with "The Illinois Enema Bandit," a true story, I'm afraid.

-ljp

DrewGunner

imported post

SFDoc wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
I just watched that video. Wow! Where do people like that come from?
This is why it's not a good idea todate/marry yourrelatives
This is why we should sterilize some people. People like that shouldn't be allowed to breed. They shouldn't get free health care. A million years ago the weak died off, only the strong survived. But now we protect out village idiots. Hopefully the dinosaurs will come back and take all these morons out.

Legba

imported post

It'll be microbes, not lizards, that wipe us out.

-ljp

p.s. Is that Krushchev in your avatar?