• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC First Time in Arlington

Dont_Tread_On_Me

imported post

All:

Greetings! I'm New to the forum. Just wanted to tel you that I OC'ed the other day at Metro 29 Diner on Lee Hwy in Arlington.

I was concealed but Metro serves alcohol, so I had to tuck my shirt in to show I was carrying.

The manager definitely gave me a look but had somebody seat me at a table near the counter where I asked to be placed.

It may have been me but there seemed to be more male staff loitering around my general area than other times I have eaten there. One thing was for sure though, my food came out faster than it ever has, probably to get me to eat, pay my bill and go.

Overall, good experience. The cashier seemed cheery although it was obvious I had my .38 special on my side.

One question I have for you all about OC'ing in a resturant is:

If sit down in a booth with your gun side facing the wall are you technically concealing?

Attachments

• dont tread.jpg
    dont tread.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 348

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You are not concealing just because your firearm is facing a wall. The firearm needs to be intentionally covered by some article of clothing or other form of cover to be concealed (i.e. if you walked around with a newspaper held over your holster). If you carry a small auto in an IWB holster at 4 o'clock, only the people behind or to the right of you will be able to see the firearm, but it will be unseen from the other 270 degrees of view. That makes it unseen, but not "concealed". A big difference. If this weren't so, all of us OC'ers would be in jail for illegal concealment much of the time!

Oh, and welcome aboard! Plan on going to one of the dinners in NoVA or a VCDL meeting!