• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone take Wolf up on their guarantee?

93sr20det

imported post

According to the Wolf website they say this about their ammo:

WOLF Performance Ammunition is the only ammunition company that provides a 100% Performance Guarantee. If you are not fully satisfied WOLF will refund your money on the unused portion of the ammunition, including any freight charges.

compmanio365

imported post

Realllyyy.......cause Wolf caused no shortage of problems in my .45.......once I switched to CCI, everything was smooth as butter. If I could get my $14.50 back, that would be fine with me :)

Legba

imported post

Well, that sounds like a nice guarantee, but I've dealt with postal service from former communist countries and it SUCKS. Absolutely criminal. If you get a refund at all, expect it to take 3 months for them to deliver it. I am not exaggerating (it took 10 weeks the last time I got a parcel from a friend in the Balkans, and these guys are strangers...). And, as ever, save your receipts.

-ljp

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I also want compensation for the extra time it took me to clean my gun after shooting that stuff.:cuss:It was horrible stuff. Steel casings, dirty powder, and sounded "different" when Ishot it compared to Winchester or Remington. I don't know enough to guess what caused the different sound, but I knowI won't ever touch it again. I would like my money back, but like Legba said, I don't know that I want the hassle.

Legba

imported post

Glad to hear it - the only address I have is in Novosibirsk... I think Silver Bear and Wolf are the same people, ultimately.

-ljp

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

I wonder what they will do with the returned ammo? Repackage it? Every store I know of will not take ammo back because of the liability. Just think of the product tampering that could happen with ammo!

LoveMyCountry

Mjolnir

imported post

I shoot Wolf 762X39, 308win, 30 carbine, 223, 9mm and 45acp in several different firearms & have only had a problem once shooting the old style laquer Wolf in a RRA AR15 after dumping a Beta-C mag in less than a min.

The laquer melted and gummed up the match chamber, but since Wolf has changed from the laquer coating I've never had a problem.

Yes it is dirty ammo, but for the price ya can't complain at all & I've found it to take less than an extra 5 min to get a weapon cleaned properly after shooting several hundered rounds of Wolf.

93sr20det

imported post

I picked up a mini 14 yesturday and it came with 800 rounds of various steel and copper wolf ammo. let's see how this crap does!

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
I shoot Wolf 762X39, 308win, 30 carbine, 223, 9mm and 45acp in several different firearms & have only had a problem once shooting the old style laquer Wolf in a RRA AR15 after dumping a Beta-C mag in less than a min.

The laquer melted and gummed up the match chamber, but since Wolf has changed from the laquer coating I've never had a problem.

Yes it is dirty ammo, but for the price ya can't complain at all & I've found it to take less than an extra 5 min to get a weapon cleaned properly after shooting several hundered rounds of Wolf.
I've had the same results with Wolf ammo.....never used a Beta mag, so I've never had that issue.
I shoot 7.62x39 and .223 Wolf in 5 different weapons for "plinking" just because of the price......no more FTF, FTE issues with it than any other ammo, including "name brand" stuff....even fewer than with some.
Between friends and myself, we've sent 20,000+ rounds of Wolf down range....just can't find a reason to complain.

93sr20det

imported post

Me and a friend shot over 100 rounds of wolf .223 with no problem and hot guns. We shot both the copper washed and the lacquered stuff.

spurrit

imported post

The costs associated with shipping ammo would make this prohibitive.

spurrit

imported post

Hell, that's a good guarantee. Provided they send it in less than a year. It would be nice to hear from anyone that tries this.