Thread: Please buy a box of ammo on Aug. 28th to counter protest the Bradyites

Post imported post

WarOnGuns is calling for a national "buy a box of ammo" day on Aug. 28th to counter-protest the Bradys call for a National Protest. Full details can be found at this link.

I'm going to try and start a blog swarm at WarOnGuns to get gun owners to buy a box of ammo on Aug 28--be nice if gun stores would offer some sort of nominal discount or a door prize (no purchase necessary to enter, just to keep things legal) or some such on that day to encourage this--Tuesdays may typically be slow days anyway, so this would get people in their stores and probably work out to their profit. It'd be nice unintended consequences for the Bradys if we could demonstrate a few percentage points of sales increases on that day because of this.

I know I'll be stopping at my local WallyWorld to buy a few boxes! I hope I can count on your to do the same.

Post imported post

Oh what better reason to buy 2,3,4 boxes of .223 for the Black rifle. :celebrate

Better than ammo, I am gonna buy a nice nasty looking AR Upper.

Post imported post

I already bought my "Jesse Jackson" gun, as can be seen in the other thread titled as such; if I had waited I may have not been able to grab the deal I got. I did buy it in August...so the spirit is still there....

I will however, stock up on some .45, 9mm, and maybe even some .30-30 on the 28th......it would be cool if we had flyers or cards or something to hand out on that day explaining why we are buying ammo and firearms that day in particular to excercise our 2A rights......

Post imported post

I seem to be spending half my time in court these days (as a witness, not a defendant - no worries), but I'll try to pay off my layaway piece on the 28th if I can. Thanks, Jesse, you are truly a greatmotivational speaker.

-ljp

Post imported post

I needed a reason to spend some more money on ammo. This will work!

Post imported post

dngreer wrote:
    I needed a reason to spend some more money on ammo. This will work!
    I unfortunately have run out of room. I guess I will have to shoot a bunch so I will have the room. :celebrate

Post imported post

I don't know if i can wait till the 28th, thats 2 weeks away. I'm sure I can afford a box that day, just gotta make sure I remember.

Post imported post

Boy the 28th is going to be a busy day... Now my schedule looks like:

1-Buy Ammo at Wal-Mart...

2-Use Ammo at Bob's...

3-Finish shooting in time to make the Norfolk City Council meeting....

I've already scheduled myself to be off work that day... This is turning into a holiday...

Post imported post

Well, I'm getting that RIA 1911Tac, so I'll need some .45ACP to go with it! :celebrate
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I'll be supporting the cause, you can never have too much ammo.

Post imported post

Just another good excuse to get some ammo.

I'm all for stickin' it to the ilinformed bradyites even if all it does is make me feel better.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I will probably buy a box to support the cause...

BTW, (I am too lazy to start a new thread for this question) is the Brady Campaign against ALL guns, like airsoft, paintball, taser, and so forth, I haven't really put the effort in to research this, as I really don't care what the brady campaign thinks on most issues -- just looking for a quick yes/no.

State Researcher

Post imported post

openryan wrote:

BTW, (I am too lazy to start a new thread for this question) is the Brady Campaign against ALL guns, like airsoft, paintball, taser, and so forth, I haven't really put the effort in to research this, as I really don't care what the brady campaign thinks on most issues -- just looking for a quick yes/no.
    From the Brady Campaign's website:
    We are devoted to creating an America free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in our communities...

...we work locally to educate, remember victims, and pass sensible gun laws...
    Now, if we could just come to an agreement on what is 'sensible'...
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

State Researcher

Post imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    openryan wrote:

From the Brady Campaign's website:
    We are devoted to creating an America free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in our communities...

...we work locally to educate, remember victims, and pass sensible gun laws...
    Now, if we could just come to an agreement on what is 'sensible'...
    I just can never get a handle on how ridiculous these people are! I am and I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say that I am too, against gun violence -- NOT SELF DEFENSE!

I guess that is a pretty encompassing statement, they would probably be against water pistols if someone got wet that didn't want to be :?

Post imported post

It's sickening to watch Sarah Brady parade her husband in front of the media... The insane part of it all is that people like John Hinckley Jr are a big part of the reason that we need the right to protect ourselves... Sarah Brady has national TV coverage of an attack on her husband's boss and still doesn't think that average citizens should be allowed to defend themselves against such insane attackers... Only those wealthy enough to afford protective guard details should be entitled to protection...