• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non-resident OC

cgknoxmd

imported post

I'm going backpacking in Wyoming later this month and will be carrying. I live in Arkansas and have a CCW permit, which allows me to carry concealed in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kansas. Since Colorado and Wyoming do not have reciprocal agreements with Arkansas, I cannot legally carry concealed in CO/WY. However, CO and WY have no restriction toopen carry (except for Denver). So, does that mean that non-residents can open carry? I would rather open carry anyway, as it is easier to carry a pistol on my hip belt. Furthermore, I will be carrying on National Forest. Does this make any difference?

b1ack5mith

imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
From my understanding you can't carry in a National Park, I do not know if "Forest" would be the same thing.
you can carry AND fire in a national FOREST, but not in a national park :) (i go shooting at the national forest, where i see other peoples expended cartridges)

xmirage2kx

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
xmirage2kx wrote:
From my understanding you can't carry in a National Park, I do not know if "Forest" would be the same thing.
you can carry AND fire in a national FOREST, but not in a national park :) (i go shooting at the national forest, where i see other peoples expended cartridges)
Depends on the state. In utah this is true, but the question was not about utah. www.handgunlaw.uscan answer if this is legal in your state, just look for the places off limits tab.

b1ack5mith

imported post

careful what you read guys, that site talks about when youre carrying CONSEALED... so the law would have no meaning if you carried openly

xmirage2kx

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
careful what you read guys, that site talks about when youre carrying CONSEALED... so the law would have no meaning if you carried openly

It is generally stated if it refers to OC orCC or both.

Example:

Oklahoma: It shall be unlawful for any person..... to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:

[align=left]Oregon: Any person who intentionally possesses a loaded or unloaded firearm...[/align]