Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Non-resident OC

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1

    Post imported post

    I'm going backpacking in Wyoming later this month and will be carrying. I live in Arkansas and have a CCW permit, which allows me to carry concealed in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kansas. Since Colorado and Wyoming do not have reciprocal agreements with Arkansas, I cannot legally carry concealed in CO/WY. However, CO and WY have no restriction toopen carry (except for Denver). So, does that mean that non-residents can open carry? I would rather open carry anyway, as it is easier to carry a pistol on my hip belt. Furthermore, I will be carrying on National Forest. Does this make any difference?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    478

    Post imported post

    From my understanding you can't carry in a National Park, I do not know if "Forest" would be the same thing.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Payson, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,146

    Post imported post

    xmirage2kx wrote:
    From my understanding you can't carry in a National Park, I do not know if "Forest" would be the same thing.
    you can carry AND fire in a national FOREST, but not in a national park (i go shooting at the national forest, where i see other peoples expended cartridges)

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    478

    Post imported post

    b1ack5mith wrote:
    xmirage2kx wrote:
    From my understanding you can't carry in a National Park, I do not know if "Forest" would be the same thing.
    you can carry AND fire in a national FOREST, but not in a national park (i go shooting at the national forest, where i see other peoples expended cartridges)
    Depends on the state. In utah this is true, but the question was not about utah. www.handgunlaw.uscan answer if this is legal in your state, just look for the places off limits tab.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Payson, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,146

    Post imported post

    careful what you read guys, that site talks about when youre carrying CONSEALED... so the law would have no meaning if you carried openly

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Payson, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,146

    Post imported post

    (continuing my last post)

    aslong as there arrent open carry laws in that state anyways...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    478

    Post imported post

    b1ack5mith wrote:
    careful what you read guys, that site talks about when youre carrying CONSEALED... so the law would have no meaning if you carried openly

    It is generally stated if it refers to OC orCC or both.

    Example:

    Oklahoma: It shall be unlawful for any person..... to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:


    Oregon: Any person who intentionally possesses a loaded or unloaded firearm...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •