• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Norfolk OC dinner after City Council?

Kevin108

imported post

Anybody up for it? I don't know anything about Norfolk as far as where a good place would be to go, but I'll definitely be hungry after we get out of there!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm up for a get together, but does anyone have any idea how late the meeting might run? I might get a bite before 7:00 when it starts. In any event, City Hall is quite close to Waterside, the scene of the crimes, as it were, so we could easily go to one of the places there.

Also, the 28th also happens to be Jesse Jackson Ammo/Gun Day. Before going to the meeting, I'll probably stop at the Armory and buy some ammo.:celebrate

D

Desertdoc

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
I believe BubbaRon said they were plannig on eating at the freemason abby before the meeting. I think he mentioned 5 oclock?
It has been awhile since i have seen anyone and i would be glad to meet everyone at 5 for some good food at Freemason Abby. Let me know

Bubba Ron

imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
kimbercarrier wrote:
I believe BubbaRon said they were planning on eating at the Freemason Abby before the meeting. I think he mentioned 5 oclock?
It has been awhile since i have seen anyone and i would be glad to meet everyone at 5 for some good food at Freemason Abby. Let me know
Yes, there will be some folks meeting at 5:00 PM for dinner at the Freemason Abbey - before the Norfolk City Council meeting - I don't know how large that place is, but we'll be there on the 28th.

We will also be going to Primo's Pizza(Kempsville Market Place Shopping Center) after the VCDL Meeting at NRCC on the 22nd, I have contacted the owner and he will stay open for us on Wednesday - wehope tobe there around 8:45 PM. If you can't make the meeting, maybe you can make the food fest!!

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
GLENGLOCKER wrote:
I vote for Hooters.
haha works for me. My girl won't be happy...she plans on attending with me. If I can find an OC holster for my kel-tec p3AT she'll be armed,too.
Believe it or not Fobus makes a paddle holster for the little kel-tecs. Never bought one though for that particular gun.

C

ccloud43

imported post

I'll be able to make all of them though i dont think the wife can make the city council meeting. She has to work that night.

GlenGlocker is Hooters suppposed to be before the city council meeting or after. I had planned to go to Freemasons before but if some are going to Hooters after I can go there too. I think I could manage a wing or two for a late night snack:celebrate

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'll be at both "dinners" as well as the VCDL meeting and of course, the city council meeting. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Kevin108

imported post

I've found out that I will be able to make it to the City Council meeting but will need to get back home as soon as I can for other obligations.

AbNo

imported post

Well, between buying a 1911, ammo, and tuition, as well as being defrauded by my employer, I'm a bit short on funds, and I really can't afford the..... ~27 gallons of gas it would take me to go there and back, by myself. And that's if I were to just go there and back...

Old Jeep ≠ high MPG...

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Paul(skidmark), Amanda (my fiancee) and I went to the OC dinner before the city council, quite a nice turnout. The city council went well, I think. The other random citizens there were actually all talking about police harrassment as well....