• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Kirkland all day

xpun8

imported post

Wanting to show off my new serpa I decided to OC all day. This was the first time I have OC'ed all day without worrying about one thing or another.

Started off working at home this AM, not a big deal the dogs don't seem to mind. :) I had to take my truck in to get some work done on it. When I walked in to the shop I'm not sure anyone noticed. I walked home, talked to a neighbor who's seen me carry a few time around the 'hood. Another neighbor drove by, waved, more on him later. Went to get cash from the 7-11 in Rose Hill, no long looks, the gal that was there sees me on a fairly regular basis, oc'ing occasionally. Back to the shop to pickup the truck. One customer gave me a long look, I gave her a friendly smile and hello, she seemed at ease. Drove down to Eastside Custom Truck, at this point I am not sure if I was concealed or not, no funny looks. When I got home my shirt had come untucked and concealed, so I may not have OC'd there.
Working in the driveway-My buddy came over to assist. We had a brief conversation about carrying in general, seat belt, spare tire analogies used. Moved on and continued working. I was cleaning up and the neighbor that had waved at me earlier pulled up the drive instead of his. He CC's almost all the time. We had a talk about OC and I pointed him to OCDO, I think he only has internet at work. Anyway, this was a positive encounter as he was not aware of the legality of OC.
Finished up working on the truck and had to make a quick run to Schuck's (Rose Hill). My first visit was about 15 minutes, I received on long (almost disgusted) look from an elderly gentleman, I smiled and nodded at him to no avail. The kid that rang me up didn't seem to notice, if he did I was unaware. My second trip was a little more interesting. As I walked in there was two cars with teenagers under the hood of one. One of them noticed my new serpa, I think he liked it as he pointed it out to the others with him and pointed at it. I think he was anxious to get his when he's old enough to carry. ;) Again inside one customer noticed, not much else. Just a nice day OC'ing.

just_a_car

imported post

Sounds like a good day, overall.

Used my Serpa today to CC around my classmates and instructors while outside of class. I'd rather they not know I carry in general, due to being a university situation, even though I wasn't on campus.

G27

imported post

Nicely done, JAC! Nice to see you using that SERPA instead of that silly mexicana carry. :celebrate Does it not feel nice? Easier to drawl, too, if you had to.

xpun8

imported post

Drewesque wrote
Yeah, I find that the y'alls just come rolling out so much smoother when I've got a Serpa holster, too. :lol: Just can't think of any reason I'd HAVE to drawl.
You wrote what I was thinking. :D I was sounding drunk though when I tried to type a sentance full of drawl.

The edited (less drunk) thought:
Ya'll know them serpa's are the best dern holsters money can buy.

gregma

imported post

xpun8 wrote:
Drewesque wrote
Yeah, I find that the y'alls just come rolling out so much smoother when I've got a Serpa holster, too. :lol: Just can't think of any reason I'd HAVE to drawl.
You wrote what I was thinking. :D I was sounding drunk though when I tried to type a sentance full of drawl.

The edited (less drunk) thought:
Ya'll know them serpa's are the best dern holsters money can buy.
I was wondering what type of drawl. Texas or Southern?

xpun8

imported post

Note to self-
bi-tone XD is more "noticable" than all black.

Went to Safeway with the bi-tone in the serpa. I think everyone there noticed, it felt like I forgot to put pants on. No confrontations, had my boy with me. It was funny to me because I've carried an all black XD in the same holster with the same clothes and it seemed hardly anyone noticed. The bi-tone acted like a Las Vegas neon sign screaming "look at me"!