• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Congress has forgotten

Kelly J

imported post

The Patriot Post
Founders' Quote Daily

"The whole of that Bill [of Rights] is a declaration of the
right of the people at large or considered as individuals...t
establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and
which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of."

-- Albert Gallatin (letter to Alexander Addison, 7 October 1789)

Reference: That Every Man Be Armed: The Evolution
of a Constitutional Right, Halbrook; original MS. in
N.Y. Hist. Soc.-A.G. Papers, 2

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Congress started forgetting the day after ratification, whenthe squabbling, jockeying for power and influence, etc. started.

Certain people in Congress have always been willing to push for as much as they could get away with; and some of these people have been very shrewd at estimating how much they could get away with.

The very existence of the Bill of Rights is the biggest sign that gov't WILL try to take more power and infringe rights. If gov't was knownto be safe, there would be no reason for a Bill of Rights.

I'm convinced it has been and will continue to be an on-going fight to beat the Congress back within its constitutional boundaries.

Kelly J

imported post

Citizen wrote:
The Congress started forgetting the day after ratification, whenthe squabbling, jockeying for power and influence, etc. started.

Certain people in Congress have always been willing to push for as much as they could get away with; and some of these people have been very shrewd at estimating how much they could get away with.

The very existence of the Bill of Rights is the biggest sign that gov't WILL try to take more power and infringe rights. If gov't was knownto be safe, there would be no reason for a Bill of Rights.

I'm convinced it has been and will continue to be an on-going fight to beat the Congress back within its constitutional boundaries.
Point well taken!

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Kelly, please name one great society that did not implode under the weight of its greed and lust for power. Unfortunately change is inevitable, and it starts by the citizens realizing that the ruling minority have forgotten them. I am ready. :cool:

Legba

imported post

Carthage - they collapsed under the weight of Rome's greed and lust for power (not their own).

-ljp

Kelly J

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Kelly, please name one great society that did not implode under the weight of its greed and lust for power. Unfortunately change is inevitable, and it starts by the citizens realizing that the ruling minority have forgotten them. I am ready. :cool:
To the best of my knowledge Switzerland has not but I don't know for sure just trying to rely on my memory and that is faulty.

tapper95

imported post

What are you saying about Switzerland? The only European nation never invaded... The only European nation that has military aged men keep a selectable fire semi/full auto rifle in their home as part of their militia obligation? One of the lowest murder rates in the world?

"The hills are alive, with the sound of freedom..."