• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has "the invasion" began?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.usvetdsp.com/jan07/ellison_dearborn.htm

This blows my mind! It seems like this is how an attack on our country would start; have home-grown terrorists that are already here and don't have to mess with visas. Scary stuff! What happened to "separation of church and state"?

First Muslim congressman excites crowd in "Hezbollah City" USA, a.k.a. Dearborn, Michigan

By Ted Sampley
U.S. Veteran Dispatch

January 1, 2006
"You can't back down. You can't chicken out. You can't be afraid. You've got to have faith in Allah, and you've got to stand up and be a real Muslim," Keith Ellison, the first Muslim elected to the United States Congress, instructed a cheering crowd of Muslims last month in Dearborn.

He urged the group to remain steadfast in their faith and push for "justice."

The crowd roared in return,"Allah akbar, Allah akbar, " -- God is great.

"Allaha akbar" were the last words heard on the cockpit voice recorder of Flight 93, just before Muslims murdered all its passengers by crashing the jetliner into the ground.

Muslim presence in Dearborn dates back to the last decade of the 19th century, when men from Lebanon followed a larger number of Lebanese Christian immigrants to the U.S.

Dearborn, which was originally settled in 1795 by German Catholics as a stagecoach stop on the Sauk Trail between Detroit and Chicago, has slowly given way to an escalating population of Palestinian, Lebanese, Yemenis and Iraqi emigrants and their descendants in turn.

Today, Dearborn is dominated by Lebanese Muslims, with an Arab population that has grown to nearly 40,000 from 7,000 in 1970. It has evolved into a midwestern United States re-creation of the Middle East with the second largest concentration of Arabs and Muslims outside the Middle East, second only to Paris.

In July, the Congress of Arab American Organizations sponsored rallies in front of Dearborn's city hall supporting the terrorist group Hezbollah and its rocket attacks on Israel.

Hezbollah is a militant Islamic group founded in 1982 in Lebanon. It is bitterly opposed to the state of Israel and derives substantial financial, technical and military support from Iran and Syria.

Conservative columnist Debbie Schlussel reported that at one of the Dearborn rallies she attended, she heard a Muslim imam yelling to the crowds "Jews are diseased!" She said the rallies were attended and endorsed by most Dearborn's Islamic leaders.

Schlussel, while working for the Detroit Free Press, went undercover into a Dearborn mosque and reported her findings of extensive anti-Americanism and anti-Semitism.

She has referred to Fordson High School in Dearborn as "Hezbollah High" because of its rallies defending the radical Islamic terrorist organization. About 95 percent of Fordson's 2,300 students are Arab. Several Fordson graduates have been arrested on suspicion of terrorist activities including two of its former football stars.

fordson_prayer.jpg
Fifty-two of Fordson's 53 football players are Muslim. Before every game, the team gathers and offers Muslim prayers.

Eight years ago, Dearborn schools banned pork from their lunches to accommodate Muslim dietary guidelines and pressure from organized groups of Muslim parents forced the separation of gym classes by gender in at least one school.

Because so many in Dearborn are so openly pro-Hezbollah, some pundits have referred to Dearborn as "Hezbollah USA."

After his election in November, Ellison, a Minnesota Democrat, ignited a storm of criticism when he announced that he planned to take his oath of office on the Muslim book of jihad - the Quran, instead of the Holy Bible.

U.S. Rep. Virgil Goode, a Republican from Virginia, warned his constituents in a letter last month that the election of Ellison and other Muslims poses a danger to the country.

Ellison, speaking at the annual convention of the Muslim American Society and the Islamic Circle of North America, said that Muslims can help teach America about justice and equal protection. Suggesting a divine Islamic calling, Ellison asked, "Muslims, you're up to bat right now, how do you know that you were not brought right here to this place to learn how to make this world better?"

The convention drew more than 3,000 Muslims from across the country aimed at Islamic revival and reform in the United States.

Ellison, who converted to Islam during college, said he'd use the Quran during his swearing-in ceremony next week. "On Jan. 4, I will go swear an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States. I'll place my hand on the Quran," Ellison said to loud applause. He added, "This controversy has ... made people dust off their Constitution and actually read it "

Interestingly, the Quran demands believers to be completely submissive to a non-constitutional Islamic, theocratic form of government in which the State acknowledges the legal supremacy of God and the teachings of Muhammad.

Muslims, according to the Quran, must fight and kill in the name of Allah, whether they like it or not. Quran 2:216

The Quran is militantly anti-Judeo-Christian. It refers to non-Muslims as unbelievers, hypocrites and infidels directing Muslims to "make war" against them so they might be sent to their "homes in hell." (Surah 9:73)

Cue-Ball

imported post

This article seems to be very slanted and inaccurate. Just because someone is a Muslim doesn't make them a jihadist, just as being Christian doesn't make someone a crusader. We have freedom of religion in this country, and everyone is allowed to worship as they wish.

The Quran isn't the "Muslim book of jihad" any more than the Bible is the "Christian book of stoning sinners". I know a few Muslims and none of them have "sent me to hell" for being an athiest heathen. In addition, no public representative is required to say an oath on the bible. You can just as easily affirm your oath of office without any holy documents whatsoever (in keeping with separation of church and state).

This article is just sensationalist journalism, nothing more.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Very true... But I worry this is the "breeding grounds" for terrorists. By no means do I think all Muslims are terriorists, but look at Europe. They are being taken over from within.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Cue-Ball,

Those guysARE Jihadists, andIAM a Crusader, circa 1095. They understood each other back then, but today, only the Muslims get it.

Forget all the PCcrap about "all the good Muslims"...they're nowhere to be found OR heard...deport them all now (like Israel should have done decades ago) before things get even more clear for you.

Wake up and smell the smoke now...or see the fire later.

-- John D.

Cue-Ball

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Cue-Ball,

Those guysARE Jihadists, andIAM a Crusader, circa 1095. They understood each other back then, but today, only the Muslims get it.

Forget all the PCcrap about "all the good Muslims"...they're nowhere to be found OR heard...deport them all now (like Israel should have done decades ago) before things get even more clear for you.
I think that this comment is, quite possibly, the most bigoted, disgusting thing I've ever read on this forum. How someone can come here and claim to stand for the Second Amendment, then totally dismiss the First is simply repugnant.

There are plenty of good Muslims in this world. As I said, I know a few personally. There is also no shortage of bad Christians. How many millions have died in the name of Christianity? Who is it we see demonstrating against "sinners" at the funerals of our dead soldiers? What evils have leaders done "in the name of God"?

There are always extremists in every religion. Unfortunately, that's what happens when people guide their life with a book instead of a brain. To judge an entire group based upon the actions of a few individuals is nothing more than discrimination.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

One of the failings of modern rhetoric is that our language has been corrupted. Charges of 'bigotry', and 'prejudice' are point of view arguments. An old, pre-PC dictionary (W7NCD, '61 nearly the only one that I use) defines;

bigot : one obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his own church, party, belief or opinion.

Tellingly, 'bigoted' is 'illiberal' and 'intolerant.'

prejudice : [ ...] an opinion or leaning adverse to anything without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge.

I hold my bigotry and prejudices near and dear, evidence of completion of the school of hard knocks with honors. Both of these definitions use subjective value judgements, 'obstinate', 'intolerantly', 'just grounds', sufficient'.

The charge of 'racism' is as moot as a charge of 'nazism' and evidence of the accusers false premises ('have you stopped beating your wife?').

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

BIG SHAFE

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Who is it we see demonstrating against "sinners" at the funerals of our dead soldiers? What evils have leaders done "in the name of God"?

To judge an entire group based upon the actions of a few individuals is nothing more than discrimination.

I disagree with the displays at the funerals, but support their right to do so, as you should support cue-ball's 1st amendement rights.

Few individuals? Al-Queda and the likeare made up of more than a few individuals, not to mention all the people celebrating in th streets on 9-11.

In general its bad to judge an entire group based on a few events, but when its all you see and read its easy to believe. Especially when thousands of civilian lives are taken, I cannot differentiate the few from the group.

But since we shouldn't judge a group on a few, I'm sure one might say that KKK aren't such a bad group a people too.

Cue-Ball

imported post

I disagree with the displays at the funerals, but support their right to do so, as you should support cue-ball's 1st amendement rights.
I think you're confusing who said what. Cloudcroft can say whatever he likes, but I reserve the right to think he's prejudiced.

Few individuals? Al-Queda and the like are made up of more than a few individuals, not to mention all the people celebrating in th streets on 9-11.
Yes, few individuals. You do realize that Muslims outnumber Christians on this planet, don't you? Do you truly think that every Muslim (or even a large portion of them) are terrorist or al Quaeda operatives? That's every bit as absurd as believing that all Christians are evangelicals.

In general its bad to judge an entire group based on a few events, but when its all you see and read its easy to believe. Especially when thousands of civilian lives are taken, I cannot differentiate the few from the group.
The nightly news does not exist to inform you. It exists to make a profit. The more sensational the story, the more people watch. The more people watch, the more money they make. Perhaps you should make an effort to get to know a muslim or two before you pass judgement on 30% of the planet. As to your civilian comment, our military has killed ten times as many civilians as we lost in the September 11th attacks. I wonder if the rest of the world views every American as killers of innocent civilians, because of the actions of a few?

But since we shouldn't judge a group on a few, I'm sure one might say that KKK aren't such a bad group a people too.
The KKK is established as a group with a specific viewpoint or goal. To assume that a KKK member is a white supremacist is logical. To presume that all white people are white supremacists is a logical fallacy. To presume that all Muslims are al Quaeda is akin to believing that all Christians are Westboro Baptists. You can't judge the entire group by the actions or beliefs of a small subgroup.

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

ixtow wrote:
You are the first and only self-declared athiest I've ever 'met' that doesn't harbor a deep-down hatred for anyone who isn't also athiest.

Thank you.
Interesting… I know several atheists personally (myself included) and I don't believe any of them have a "deep-down hatred" for anyone who isn't atheist.

I would surmise that those who do have other issues with themselves and use religion as a way to vent "deep-down hatred".

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

Muslims are just like Christians... in as much as there are Muslims who don't take their religion serioiusly and there are Christians who don't take their religion seriously.
BUT

Funny thing you should say: "Just because someone is a Muslim doesn't make them a jihadist, just as being Christian doesn't make someone a crusader"

The Crusaders were defending sovereign soil against MUSLIMS!!!

Cloudcroft, you're right on.

AND for clarification sake:
The 1st amendment rights regarding religion really only protected the various sects of Christianity, and denied the feds the ability to establish one denomination over another. It didn't protect muslims, but rather they were tollerated only as much as they didn't try to influence or undermine our distinctly Judeo-Christian system.
There was even a huge uproar and stink over the fact that Maryland was an explicitly Roman Catholic state! It was finally decided that their beliefs were similar enough that in governmental matters it wouldn't pose an issue.

Remember America's muslim groups pale in comparison to the rest of the world's muslims. It's only the muslims who wish complete anihilation upon the Jews and other ethnic groups.

Tomahawk

imported post

http://www.pbs.org/georgewashington/collection/other_hebrew_congregation.html

George Washington wrote:

Letter to the Hebrew Congregation in Newport

hr_hd.gif

spacer.gif

George Washington

August, 1790

Gentlemen:

While I received with much satisfaction your address replete with expressions of esteem, I rejoice in the opportunity of assuring you that I shall always retain grateful remembrance of the cordial welcome I experienced on my visit to Newport from all classes of citizens.

The reflection on the days of difficulty and danger which are past is rendered the more sweet from a consciousness that they are succeeded by days of uncommon prosperity and security.

If we have wisdom to make the best use of the advantages with which we are now favored, we cannot fail, under the just administration of a good government, to become a great and happy people.

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation. All possess alike liberty of conscience and immunities of citizenship.

It is now no more that toleration is spoken of as if it were the indulgence of one class of people that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights, for, happily, the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support.

It would be inconsistent with the frankness of my character not to avow that I am pleased with your favorable opinion of my administration and fervent wishes for my felicity.

May the children of the stock of Abraham who dwell in this land continue to merit and enjoy the good will of the other inhabitants—while every one shall sit in safety under his own vine and fig tree and there shall be none to make him afraid.

May the father of all mercies scatter light, and not darkness, upon our paths, and make us all in our several vocations useful here, and in His own due time and way everlastingly happy.

Cue-Ball

imported post

"The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion."
- George Washington
Treaty of Tripoli, 1796

"I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved -- the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced!"
- John Adams, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."
- James Madison

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I wish I knew...:)I was browsing around on the web the other day and now I can't remember where I saw it. It is a really powerful drawing, huh?