• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going Bow Huntin'?

combatcarry

imported post

Tommorow thearchery hunt starts. Remember in Utah it is legal to carry concealed during the bow huntas long as you have a concealed weapon permit. Obviously you can not take a deer with a gun.

Remember to stay legal.If you don't have a CCWpermit leave your gun home.

Good luck hunting! If you can legally carry while hunting go for it! I do!

b1ack5mith

imported post

you cant even OC it without a permit? killin a deer with a pistol wouldnt be too good of an idea (unless u have a .44 mag, or a .50 AE lol)

xmirage2kx

imported post

There are rules for hunting. I beleive you have to have a CFP to carry during a bow hunt, however I have not check yet.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
There are rules for hunting. I beleive you have to have a CFP to carry during a bow hunt, however I have not check yet.

I believe this to be true, a few years ago, I was out shooting my AR during the bow hunt. Even though I was not hunting, the forest service guy gave me hell for it, until I showed him my CFP. (Go figure, can you conceal an AR with a 16 inch barrell?)

natehunts

imported post

My brother bowhunts in Utah as well and he was telling me that with a permit, he must carry concealed while hunting and that he cannot carry openly. Is he incorrect then?

xmirage2kx

imported post

natehunts wrote:
My brother bowhunts in Utah as well and he was telling me that with a permit, he must carry concealed while hunting and that he cannot carry openly. Is he incorrect then?

http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/proclamations/2007_biggame/

Then Go to the 2007 big game proclamation PDF file. Page 12

(4)(a) A person who has obtained an archery permit may not possess or be in control of a firearm or have a firearm in his camp or motor vehicle during an archery hunt.

(b) The provisions of Subsection (a) do not apply to:

(i) a person licensed to hunt upland game or waterfowl provided the person complies with the rules and regulations specified in the Upland Game or Waterfowl Proclamation, respectively, and possessing only legal weapons to take upland game or waterfowl;

(ii) a person licensed to hunt big game species during hunts that coincide with the archery hunt;

(iii) livestock owners protecting their livestock; or

(iv) a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon in accordance with Title 53, Chapter 5, Part 7 of the Utah Code, provided the person is not utilizing the concealed firearm to hunt or take protected wildlife.

Since it does not state you need to be concealed you can OC your gun, just not use it to hunt.