• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where to eat in Tukwila poll

Where do you want to eat tomorrow (Aug 18) in Tukwila?

• Denny's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cucina Cucina

• Claim Jumper

• Barnaby's

• Other (explain below in a reply)

• Total voters

just_a_car

imported post

Okay, it's the day before and we still don't have a location. Here's a poll that will last one day. It's multiple choice to allow people to choose more than one option of their liking.

I figure by midnight the poll should give a semi-okay idea of what people (that stay up late on Friday night) want to do tomorrow. I'll post a reply of those results at midnight.

In the morning, I'll check again, but unless there's a drastic change, we'll go with the midnight majority.

...this is just nutz.

just_a_car

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
dude i thought it was sunday now cause lonnie could only make it then........
No one ever said as much on the other thread, only that they were able to make it Sunday.

I can make it Sunday also, but it needs to be decided definitively. It's also kinda late to be changing the date of the event, much less the location.

Edit: at the very least, we can decide a location with this poll.

metricinch

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Personally i think the next one should be Tukwila.

Also, there's been polls put up but no one's responded: Should we keep it on saturday or move it to sunday. I move to Sunday because that's my only day off work that I know for a fact is guaranteed.

Another thing is, what's a good place in Tukwila to go? I've gotten more responsiveness out of Tukwila PD (the previous two hour long conversation I talked about before) than Seattle PD. I am not sure what's going on with Seattle, but I would entertain Seattle for September's gather.

Though certainly Tacoma was planned before the incident with Mainsail, it was certainly good that we did go about going forward with it. Perhaps Tukwila is a more important venue.

just_a_car

imported post

Alright, I've personally just spoke with Lonnie via IM and it really is his only day he can make it. Plus, that leaves us an extra day to decide location. The above is a 1 DAY POLL, so that gives us until 9pm tomorrow to decide.

I'm going to see if I can't change the wording of the question to reflect the new date...

Edit: I can not edit the poll at all.

expvideo

imported post

I vote dennys. Pretty much all of us can afford dennys. Sunday at dennys works for me. I really hope that this can be organized in time; I'd really like to see some new faces and get another chance to OC (I've been really affraid of OCing ever since I was harrassed at Southcenter; I need to re-get comfortable with it)

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

It's now 50-50 between Claim Jumper and Denny's.

Personally I'd like to try something new. Jumper gives that opportunity, Denny's does not. Denny's also offers a backup location in case Claim Jumper has a really serious problem with us.

just_a_car

imported post

There you have it. Claim Jumpers the winner with Denny's the fall-back.

Tomorrow at noon, if you arrive at 3, no worries, we'll stick around. ;)

krazichinaman

imported post

Ok, well I should be there tomrorow at noon with my brother and I will hopefully be OCing. So if you seetwo young Asian guys walking around, come talk to us. I'll check the boards one more time tomrorow morning to make sure all is well.

I just found out some horrible news and I have to go to the hospital to visit my friend. I'm sorry I could not make it out to the meet. to meet all you great people. There will be another time. Take care and have safe OCing.

expvideo

imported post

I don't know if I can make it. I want to, but my schedual is very crammed. We'll have to see. I wasn't exactly planning on sunday when I made plans with other people, but I may be able to work around it.