• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 Corrections Officers(PWC) Charged With Having Sex With 1 Inmate

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Who watches the watchers?
MyFoxDc
2 Corrections Officers Charged With Having Sex With 1 Inmate
photo_servlet
Two female Prince William County corrections officers have been charged with having sexual relations with the same former inmate while he was still in the county's custody on house arrest.

MANASSAS, Va. (AP) -- Two female Prince William County corrections officers have been charged with having sexual relations with the same former inmate while he was still in the county's custody on house arrest.

The two women apparently never knew about each other, authorities said.

Maria C. Torres-Corbin, 48, a master jail officer with nearly 20 years' experience, was arrested last week and charged with having carnal knowledge of an inmate, a felony. Torres-Corbin, of Fredericksburg, had recently been assigned to the work-release center, where she was responsible for checking on inmates in the electronic-monitoring program.

Then, on Wednesday, police charged Tamara Fay Bonos, 32, with the same crime.

Bonos, of Manassas, was an entry-level officer who worked at the main building of the regional jail for 18 months, said the jail's superintendent, Col. Charles "Skip" Land.

Both women resigned following their arrests.

"There is no indication that Torres-Corbin or Bonos knew about each other," Land said. "They just happened to be doing something with the same inmate."

Police said the corrections officers were off-duty when the incidents occurred at the inmate's home. They said the man had been held in the county jail before he was put on work release and then on electronic monitoring while at home, police said.

"It was consensual," Land said, "but if you read the code, the female officers had custodial rights over him. ... Therein lies the problem."

Land said corrections officials will review policy and procedures in light of the arrests.

If convicted, the women could face up to five years in prison.

Related ItemsVideos Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

mercutio545

imported post

If women that uh...unappealing had their way with me, I'd rather they sentenced me...to death. :shock:

Wooley

imported post

The "victim" was on DC101 the other morning talking to Elliot about this. Said that the one officers husband had called his celly asking about why his wife was calling all the time. He only identified Toris-Corbin on the show and didn't ID the other one.

Wow, this is the first time I've seen either of them....it can't be that bad if you're in the gray bar hotel! Better than the "alternatives".:uhoh:

Tomahawk

imported post

He was on work release in his own house. Call for delivery if you're that hard up.

Seriously, it looks like this jerk took advantage of two women with low self-esteem (look at the photos) and now they are paying for it, while he runs his mouth on a radio show.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
He was on work release in his own house. Call for delivery if you're that hard up.

Seriously, it looks like this jerk took advantage of two women with low self-esteem (look at the photos) and now they are paying for it, while he runs his mouth on a radio show.
Yes sir...thats what i was thinking:uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

There is no limit to stupidity and there is plenty to go around. Low self esteem? Possibly. Need to feel good? Possibly. Did they know what they were doing was wrong? Without a doubt! Never, never play games with those incarcerated - you will lose. :exclaim:

If you can not hold yourself to standards higher than that of inmates, then you will be no better than they are. And this is precisely what happened.

Yata hey

Tomahawk

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
There is no limit to stupidity and there is plenty to go around. Low self esteem? Possibly. Need to feel good? Possibly. Did they know what they were doing was wrong? Without a doubt! Never, never play games with those incarcerated - you will lose. :exclaim:

If you can not hold yourself to standards higher than that of inmates, then you will be no better than they are. And this is precisely what happened.

Yata hey
Cool out. No one's making excuses for the guards. They are adults, they made their own beds and now they lie in them. I'm just saying the inmate's acting like a dirtbag and bears some responsibility.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Cool out. No one's making excuses for the guards. They are adults, they made their own beds and now they lie in them. I'm just saying the inmate's acting like a dirtbag and bears some responsibility.
No animosity directed nor intended towards anyone contributing to this site. My chagrine was soley in reaction to the officers who chose to violate the public's trust, their sworn duty and common sense. The inmate did what such characters do - he got what he wanted plus succeded in reducing someone else to his level. Morally distasteful as it may be, he probably did not commit any prosecutable offense and possibly gained stature in his community. Then a radio station puts him on the air! Like I said there's no limit to stupidity.

Yata hey

LEO 229

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
I am going to guess that you are not an "unattractive woman" that has wanteda man pay you some special attention you really needed.

Let's keep one important thing in view here.

The guyhad been released fromprison and wasat home. He was at his own house when the consensual acts occurred.

As I understand it... The guards no longer had any control over him since he was outside and allowed to walk around freely while being monitored.

I would see things a little different if they were banging him in the jail.

LEO 229

imported post

Wooley wrote:
I think he was under house arrest at the time.

He was.... But my point was this did not happen at the jail where he was under the physical control of the guards. They were at his house as guests while off duty.

Should they have waited till after his house arrest? Ya... But is this a big deal? Not really.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
I am going to guess that you are not an "unattractive woman" that has wanteda man pay you some special attention you really needed.

The guyhad been released fromprison and wasat home. He was at his own house when the consensual acts occurred.

As I understand it... The guards no longer had any control over him since he was outside and allowed to walk around freely while being monitored.

You do like to stir the pot don't you.

When did what one "wanted" and "really needed" become an excuse?
The inmate (former) was still under the control and authority of the state.
Corrections Officers are limited in the type of contact they may have with present and former inmates.
Their acts consitute a felony if proven true.

So are we to conclude that you are apparently not an "unattractive woman" and find little fault with sleeping with the enemy?

I find many faults with personal relationships of this type and so do the DOPs and IOPs.
Yata hey

LEO 229

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

You do like to stir the pot don't you.

When did what one "wanted" and "really needed" become an excuse?
The inmate (former) was still under the control and authority of the state.
Corrections Officers are limited in the type of contact they may have with present and former inmates.
Their acts consitute a felony if proven true.

So are we to conclude that you are apparently not an "unattractive woman" and find little fault with sleeping with the enemy?

I find many faults with personal relationships of this type and so do the DOPs and IOPs.
Yata hey

So based on a job.. ugly woman are not allowed to get laid?!! ;)

I do not agree with what they did.. but it is human nature to do it.I do not really see it as a big deal in this case.

Anyone find the actual code section yet?

LEO 229

imported post

Wooley wrote:
Just think, if I had hung out near the jail I could have saved at least one of them from charges!:shock:

True..... but you know there is a chance there will be another encounter.

Take Citizen with you in case she has a friend.