• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No OC St. George Walmart

b1ack5mith

imported post

openryan wrote:
I certainly wouldn't shop there, and if the one I go to on ocassion ever tells me no, I won't go again, fortunately I have not had this problem ... yet.

I don't think walmart would go out of business from 19% of its base, and I don't think 19% (all of the cc'ers) would leave, walmart has a lot of people 'locked' due to financial reasons, unfortunately the service and prices of the mom and pop stores has left most areas.
i meant 19% of the carriers in utah ;) as innnnn... well, out of allll of utah... 19% of the carriers live in utah county (AKA every living person almost lol) and if walmart didnt allow ANY of them in... good for us! :)

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Well I really hope that walmart would lose some of its base, it is about the only way they are going to have to get in touch with their customers, I typically shop at miejer because of the distance and price (college budget), however even they don't care too much about the customer, unwillingly I have come to accept this type of service and attitude as 'normal'whenever I shop there.

xmirage2kx

imported post

Sadly even if everyone in Utah stopped going to Wal-Mart they would barely even see a dip in their overall profits and all it would end up doing is making the X amount of people employed in the local stores seek different work.

I already don’t go there if I can avoid it due to many reasons including the habitual overcharging (write down the cost of each item while shopping and check your receipt, almost every time they will have overcharged you) and the worse than poor customer service.

tarzan1888

imported post

Think about it.

Wal-Mart staff are the low end of the food chain.

1 They are young students, who won't make waves and just want to earn enough money to go to school

2. They are old people who are afraid of their shadow and who just want to earn enough to supplement their retirement income.

3. They are the infirm, who just don't know any better.

4.They are the intellectually and socially insufficient, who have a little power and have no clue how to use it.

From what I have been able to ascertain SaintGeorge Utah is theretirement capitol of Utah and it is full of liberal old folks and sun worshipers.

Consider the source.

We all know, if we have been on this board or others for any length of time, that Wal-Mart is a hit or miss proposition.

They have become a necessary evil. Don't go there if you don't want to, or carry concealed, but some times you will have a problem and sometimes you won't.

I always carry when I am in Wal-Mart, but I don't push the issue and I have never had a problem.

b1ack5mith

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
Think about it.

Wal-Mart staff are the low end of the food chain.

1 They are young students, who won't make waves and just want to earn enough money to go to school

2. They are old people who are afraid of their shadow and who just want to earn enough to supplement their retirement income.

3. They are the infirm, who just don't know any better.

4.They are the intellectually and socially insufficient, who have a little power and have no clue how to use it.

From what I have been able to ascertain SaintGeorge Utah is theretirement capitol of Utah and it is full of liberal old folks and sun worshipers.

Consider the source.

We all know, if we have been on this board or others for any length of time, that Wal-Mart is a hit or miss proposition.

They have become a necessary evil. Don't go there if you don't want to, or carry concealed, but some times you will have a problem and sometimes you won't.

I always carry when I am in Wal-Mart, but I don't push the issue and I have never had a problem.

TARZAN I LOVE THE WAY YOU THINK! i love the way all you guys think! (wheres the adoption papers, youre all my brothers now)

freakinliberals XD!

xmirage2kx

imported post

OC at the AF Wal-Mart has never caused me any issues... A few questions and looks maybe... but no issues (knock on wood). It really seems to only be a problem for anyone if the greeter has an issue.

b1ack5mith

imported post

greeters should only "greet" and thats it, not judge you for your lifestyle youve chosen (that would be toprotect your rights as an american)

mazellan819

imported post

I oc often at the AF walmart. I am surprised I have yet to meet anyone else carrying. I also carry open to anywhere i go in af and orem. I have never been stopped. I also carry on the UVSC campus concealed and many of my teachers are leo's. I know they can see the bulge and never say a word.

whiptrackercracker

imported post

I had not seen this brought up yet, so I thought I would throw in my two cents. The OC issue with Walmart is long standing and has been around for many a time. I have the copy of the letter somewhere, but basically after many questions into policies and so forth by gun owners, the corporate office released a response. In a nut shell they said their policy is that all costumers, other than LEO, will be asked to cover up or leave if they are OCing. They basically did not have a problem with legal CC, they just argue that OC causes too many issues with their other costumers. Basically, too many people with "person with gun" syndrome. Its their policy and if it is not brought up, feel lucky to have people in the store with a brain. Elsewise, its a policy that the top came out with a few years ago. I personally CC most of the time at Walmart. I set off their theft scanners once a while. My engineering background says differences in metal, cheap scanners, and chance. I just blame it on my cell phone when they ask. Hope that helps. Can't blame them on their own policiesas dumb as they may be.I'm broke so I will continue to shop there. But, to each his own.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Well...I walked into Wal-mart on 56th west and about 35th in West Valley so yesterday...and no Problem. Even talked to an associate.

No Swa(e)t, No screams...,Nothing

tarzan1888

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
b1ack5mith wrote:
niiice, what were u carrying?

I don't look THAT ugly that People would call th Popo and Swat on me:shock:....

.....:lol:

Are you sure about that?

UTOC-45-44
attachment.php

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 439

junglebob

imported post

I recall someone saying that Walmarts corporate policy is to follow the firearms laws of the state. If open carry is allowed in your state it should also be allowed in the Walmart. Possibly this is a store policy not allowed by the corporate headquarters. A letter to corporate headquarters might get a reply saying it is allowed. What would the greeter at Walmart do when you showed him a letter from corporate headquarters saying it is allowed?