• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

first time oc in a while

marine dad

imported post

well,

i decided to get my feet wet, so to speak. took my 17 year old son with me to run a few errands today. i was dressed in cargo pants, polo shirt, new balances, glock 21 in fobus holster at 4:00 and fobus double mag carrier at 8:00, gerber fatty in pocket, and spyderco harpy in another. we went to cvs, shopped around for a while, then went next door to movie gallery. rented 2 movies, left there and went across the street to the hardware store/ gun store, looked around awhile while my sontalked to the girl working at the checkout. ( he goes to school with her. ) left there and stopped at the texaco convenience store to buy grizzly, then home. i did notice 2 different people glance down at the glock, but they didn't seem bothered by it at all. there were no negative reactions from anyone i encountered. all in all a quite pleasantday of hanging out and oc'ing with my son, who is ready for his own g30, since he has 2 brothers who are marines and he is well versed in safe firearms carrying and handling.

marine dad

vrwmiller

imported post

Rock on! Glad you did so. It's great to see new people OC'ing more and more. Thanks for raising kids that enjoy guns and will continue to the fight. We appreciate their service to our country!

:celebrate