Thread: In Charlottsville

Post imported post

I'm in Charlottsville andwanted to know if there are any fellow OCers who wanted to hang out. I'll be departing sometime Sunday, so post or PM me if it's possible.

Post imported post

Now you stay away from that dayum Wal-Mart out there, you heah?

Post imported post

I was very tempted to walk in, until I saw the one who called wolf on me.

Post imported post

Dang, I just saw this too late, I just cleaned up a BBQ and would have welcomed you too it! As for Wal-Mart, I have never had an issue there, I've OC'd a few times there, but mostly go to the Waynesboro one.

Post imported post

Wish I would have known. I believe I was in Charlottesville on Sat, but I was on my motorcycle and was CCing. Had to stop at Lowe's and purchase a new mailbox to replace the one that some punks smashed (they hit it once before, but this time actually destroyed it). The new one is a $58 20lb steel mofo. I'm hoping that if they hit it again with a bat or stick that they get injured from it. Tee hee heee.

I guess I was a sight riding up 29 with a mailbox strapped to the rear of the bike and the tip of my Blackhawk Serpa peeking out from under my riding jacket.

Post imported post

From Charlottesville originally, won't be back down till Turkey Day. I need to pick up a Serpa so I can OC while I'm home, maybe I'll call on you guys for some emotional support. Ever run into your pastor or elementary school teacher while OCing?

Post imported post

Elementary school teacher? Yes, at first she thought I was law enforcement, when I informed her that I was not, she was shocked and said that I should not be allowed to have a firearm based on my rough and rowdy childhood (these were her actual words, 3rd grade teacher). I informed her that I had grown up a lot in the last 15 years.

Post imported post

Muzz,
    It sounds as though your 3rd grade teacher HASN'T grown up much in the last 15 years.

Post imported post

Yeah, she wasn't very nice, but then again, I probably wasn't the best child. 15 years tend to mature a person, just not her.

Post imported post

Wow, I was being facetious, but nice to know how you handled it in case I run into someone I know. My parents and their friends would not be OC friendly.

Post imported post

I just now read the forum. Wish I had on read it Saturday. Maybe next time I will be able to catch you when your up. Would be cool to hang out.

On a side note, I have never had any trouble carrying at Walmart in C'ville, even bought ammo there while carrying.

Goliath

Post imported post

SemperGumby wrote:
    Wow, I was being facetious, but nice to know how you handled it in case I run into someone I know. My parents and their friends would not be OC friendly.
    My family doesn't seem to mind when I open carry at their house. Private property being pretty much the only safe place to open carry in Massachusetts.

Post imported post

I don't think it's the legal issues that they would have issue with. It would be more the social issues, not acceptable to them. My dad would likely be ok with it eventually once I explained the legalities but my mom despises guns and would never accept it. They don't know I carry, only my dad know's I own a pistol. So I've usually CCed while at home, but I really want to OC down there, shouldn't be too hard to manage.