Thread: Open Carry

Post imported post

I am from MO. I was wondering if my concealed carry permit will allow me to open carry in tennessee.

Post imported post

As long as TN recognizes your permit, you can safely OC here.

Post imported post

And TN recognizes ALL permits.
    Life Member: Tennessee Firearms Association, GOA, NRA.
    Member: Florida Carry

Post imported post

How close are you guys to Dover. Never been there. My brother is stationed at Ft. Cambell dont know if I spelled that right. Going to visit him next week. Im going to do some open carrying. Hope it goes well!

Post imported post

I'm about 4 hours from dover. That's farther west than nashville and right at the northern border, correct?

Post imported post

BigBoostDSM wrote:
    As long as TN recognizes your permit, you can safely OC here.
    Hi guys... I live in Huntsville AL. Have opened carried once in Northern Alabama and no incident.

I drive up to Camden TN now and then to take classes at the Tactical Response shooting/fighting school. I also go to Manchester for 3-gun and IDPA matches a couple times a year.

Since TN recognizes my AL concealed carry permit, am I safe to open carry in TN ? Same question as the OP, just adding my own addendum. I prefer to carry concealed, but just want to be 100% sure that I don't HAVE to.

Thanks!

Post imported post

Wow...I live in Parsons and never knew such classes were that close to me. I may need to get up there and check it out.

But to answer your question....Yes..it is still the same. TN honors and valid license/permit etc.... from any other state...and you can OC in TN.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

Fallguy wrote:
    Wow...I live in Parsons and never knew such classes were that close to me. I may need to get up there and check it out.

But to answer your question....Yes..it is still the same. TN honors and valid license/permit etc.... from any other state...and you can OC in TN.
    Definitely check them out Fallguy. I'm sure you've looked at their schedule by now. They cover the bases in training classes both in Camden and at other sites: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Force on Force, Medical, Driving, etc, etc.