• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry

Ss

imported post

I am from MO. I was wondering if my concealed carry permit will allow me to open carry in tennessee.

Ss

imported post

How close are you guys to Dover. Never been there. My brother is stationed at Ft. Cambell dont know if I spelled that right. Going to visit him next week. Im going to do some open carrying. Hope it goes well!

RustyFalcon

imported post

BigBoostDSM wrote:
As long as TN recognizes your permit, you can safely OC here.

Hi guys... I live in Huntsville AL. Have opened carried once in Northern Alabama and no incident.

I drive up to Camden TN now and then to take classes at the Tactical Response shooting/fighting school. I also go to Manchester for 3-gun and IDPA matches a couple times a year.

Since TN recognizes my AL concealed carry permit, am I safe to open carry in TN ? Same question as the OP, just adding my own addendum. I prefer to carry concealed, but just want to be 100% sure that I don't HAVE to.

Thanks!

Fallguy

imported post

Wow...I live in Parsons and never knew such classes were that close to me. I may need to get up there and check it out.

But to answer your question....Yes..it is still the same. TN honors and valid license/permit etc.... from any other state...and you can OC in TN.

RustyFalcon

imported post

Fallguy wrote:
Wow...I live in Parsons and never knew such classes were that close to me. I may need to get up there and check it out.

But to answer your question....Yes..it is still the same. TN honors and valid license/permit etc.... from any other state...and you can OC in TN.
Definitely check them out Fallguy. I'm sure you've looked at their schedule by now. They cover the bases in training classes both in Camden and at other sites: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Force on Force, Medical, Driving, etc, etc.