• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Girl friend joined the OC club

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

It has been a long and interesting road watching "D" develop and mature as as an aficionado. Over the years, she became comfortable with handguns, then I gave her one of her own. After a few years, she acquired her CHP but most of the time carried in one of those special purses. At VCDL picnics, she would OC but that was about it until this last Saturday.

Having acquired a good belt and practicing her draw stroke, she announced that she wanted to OC while dining out. Oh joy, oh joy. :monkey

O'Charley's in the far West End was the destination. Actually dinner was pretty much a non-event except that she got more looks than I did. But after dinner we went out beyond the parking lot with left over rolls to feed the Canada geese and ended up with 3-4 kids and close to a dozen adults watching and talking. I guess if you feed the critters instead of eating them, you are acceptable even when packin'.

All in all "D" said it was an empowering experience but she was a bit self conscience.
I"m sure this will get easier with time for her.
Yata hey

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
It has been a long and interesting road watching "D" develop and mature as as an aficionado. Over the years, she became comfortable with handguns, then I gave her one of her own. After a few years, she acquired her CHP but most of the time carried in one of those special purses. At VCDL picnics, she would OC but that was about it until this last Saturday.

Having acquired a good belt and practicing her draw stroke, she announced that she wanted to OC while dining out. Oh joy, oh joy. :monkey

O'Charley's in the far West End was the destination. Actually dinner was pretty much a non-event except that she got more looks than I did. But after dinner we went out beyond the parking lot with left over rolls to feed the Canada geese and ended up with 3-4 kids and close to a dozen adults watching and talking. I guess if you feed the critters instead of eating them, you are acceptable even when packin'.

All in all "D" said it was an empowering experience but she was a bit self conscience.
Yata hey
Good to hear!

Btw, why did you feel the need to tell us her cup size!?:p

Vermont0311

imported post

openryan wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Good to hear!

That ain't right...:p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

SemperGumby wrote:
openryan wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Good to hear!

Something needs to be said here and I am the southern gentleman from the old school to say it. So pull up a chair, sit for a spell and hear my words.

We are a loosely knit group wishing to protect and further our liberties. We should be going out of our way to seek the friendship and trust of like minded men and women. We also must recognize that people will judge us by what they perceive us to be - by our words and deeds. I have of late seen/read off color or crude remarks on several threads and think that this is very inappropriate. I am not a prude - far from it - but this is not a good ol' boys smoker club. It is an embarrassment to our membership and our goals. It should stop.

Now as to "D." Both of our first names start with "D" and we affectionately refer to each other that way. She is a very capable, intelligent, attractive woman who knows that some men are stupid sloth while others are down right dangerous. She distinguishes between the two with her response that "Oh well, there is one in every bunch!" The posting by openryan did take some of the shine off her evening but after seeing his avatar, she considered the source. You would not want to make such a remark to her face as your pysche would be bleeding before you knew you were cut.

Insulting or making improper referances to mothers, wives, girlfiends et al of your brothers is not taken kindly or lightly. She has expressed an interest in joining in on the OC conversations here but questions the acceptance of women. She will continue to grow in knowlege and ability either way. She is already dangerous to those that would harm her.

I think an apology is in order. It would be a beginning.

Yata hey

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
SemperGumby wrote:
openryan wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Good to hear!

Something needs to be said here and I am the southern gentleman from the old school to say it. So pull up a chair, sit for a spell and hear my words.

We are a loosely knit group wishing to protect and further our liberties. We should be going out of our way to seek the friendship and trust of like minded men and women. We also must recognize that people will judge us by what they perceive us to be - by our words and deeds. I have of late seen/read off color or crude remarks on several threads and think that this is very inappropriate. I am not a prude - far from it - but this is not a good ol' boys smoker club. It is an embarrassment to our membership and our goals. It should stop.

Now as to "D." Both of our first names start with "D" and we affectionately refer to each other that way. She is a very capable, intelligent, attractive woman who knows that some men are stupid sloth while others are down right dangerous. She distinguishes between the two with her response that "Oh well, there is one in every bunch!" The posting by openryan did take some of the shine off her evening but after seeing his avatar, she considered the source. You would not want to make such a remark to her face as your pysche would be bleeding before you knew you were cut.

Insulting or making improper referances to mothers, wives, girlfiends et al of your brothers is not taken kindly or lightly. She has expressed an interest in joining in on the OC conversations here but questions the acceptance of women. She will continue to grow in knowlege and ability either way. She is already dangerous to those that would harm her.

Yata hey

Wow...

I thought I was...no words.

There is serious and there is joking.

Grapeshot,youneed to figure out the difference on this Forum. IF you don't...you'll be Blowing your top of EVERY day one way or the other.

RELAX, have a massage and Cigar,...and RELAX.

OOOOOOOSA...find the Pressure Point ( Bad Boys II )

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Having met Grapeshot ,and enjoyed nice conversation with him, I can say that he is, very much a gentlemen. Another thing is that a joke along those lines is more appropraite for two people that actually have a relationship, not an open forum where we all support 2a. We are all here to support the hobby,and each other.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Have to side with Grapeshot on this. The reference to D was inappropriate. I am going to chalk this up to Ryan being a youngster and still learning. It would be "manning up" to proffer an apology to D.

ETA: This isn't arfcom and I would hate to see it become that way.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

You know what...

EVERYBODY has been joked around about their Intelligence ( and sometime lack of it ). It's just a part of this forum. Ask HankT as an Example.:lol:.

This happened to be about "D" and a comment that COULD be very EASILY commented about. Of course this will not happen again.

Stiff and stale is not a part of this forum I think. LOOOOOOSEN UP. OOOOOOSA

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
You know what...

EVERYBODY has been joked around about their Intelligence ( and sometime lack of it ). It's just a part of this forum. Ask HankT as an Example.:lol:.

This happened to be about "D" and a comment that COULD be very EASILY commented about. Of course this will not happen again.

Stiff and stale is not a part of this forum I think. LOOOOOOSEN UP. OOOOOOSA
I don't have a problem with you joking about MY intelligence, lord knows I am not the quickest guy on the draw. Iwould have a problem, with some one that I do not know very well, inferring something salacious or personal about my wife, daughter, mother, or sister. It just does not need to be said and contributes nothing significant to the discussion. Most of us are good guys (and gals) here, let's us hold our selves to a better standard on this kind of thing. Insult me, fine. Infer things about my manhood, fine. My intelligence, ok. Please leave those that I care about out of it. With that all said, I do not dislike you or Ryan, you both contribute a good deal to the discussions here. :cool:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
SemperGumby wrote:
openryan wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Good to hear!

Yata hey
Thank you, Grapeshot.

mlands

imported post

I am glad to see more women like Tess and "D" choosing to exercise and enjoy their rights. I for one am very careful about posting about a woman's physical gift or shortcomings over the air or on the internet. For example, where I work a long time ago chubby woman came up to the front door . All of us in the room watched her walk up though the glass windows. The new guy yelled out "Look at that fat heffer!!" thinking it was just another woman needing directions. I was surprised and embaressed the way he piped off like that. Well, it was the boss's wife! The boss walked up to his wife who came by to visit him and whispered what the new guy just said about her. She in turn slowly walked up to the new guy where he was seated. She then slowly leaned in to his ear and whispered "moo" like Marilyn Monroe would whisper something. He turned a very deep shade of red and we all laughed at him. He indeed learned a lession the hard way. Whether a woman is a goddess or not, you have to be careful.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

mlands wrote:
...SNIP
Whether a woman is a goddess or not, you have to be careful.

Actually, you don't have to be careful, you have to be respectful.

I am afraid I agree with Grapeshot on this one. If we expect to have a mixed audience of rights loving people, then we have to conduct the conversation at a higher level than would be expected at the local pub.

Regards

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

"There is serious and there is joking." Yes there is but there are also inappropriate remarks and those that partake of such do a disservice to us all. Actually, I have seen far worse on another thread where posters were discussing what they personally might do or not do - I objected formally to that. In this case I took umbrage and felt that for the benefit of the community it should not be ignored.

The expression that I use is higher standard. We must hold ourselves to a higher standard than the average citizen. We cannot be drunks, cowboys or showoffs. We by word, deed and action must set the bar high if we expect to gain the respect of others. Nobody likes to joke and play more than I do; however, you will never hear/see me make an improper reference to a female whether she is a loved one of yours or not.

"Stiff and stale is not a part of this forum I think." This is indeed the most lively, interesting and best run forum of its type on the net. Let's keep it this way and make everybody feel welcome including women by showing them respect and courtesy.

"D" says THANK YOU to those that have commented positively. I second that.

Yata hey

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Just what they say at a Workplace. -"You have the 1st Amendment Right,BUT, you can ONLY express yourself this way or that way, IF you express yourself they way WE don't like it your GONE".

DON'T WE JUST LOVE THE RIGHTS of THE CONSTITUTION.

'til we don't have them anymore