Thread: Another open carry experience

Post imported post

Well I'll start out by saying, In westminster, I walked up to an LEO (wasn't packing, I was at work) and asked him is it legal to open carry in the state of Colorado. I was asking to see if he knew the law or not. He clearly didn't. He said if he seen me with a firearm on my hip, odds are he'd draw his firearm and detain me until he could figure out what was going on.

Anywho, I've open carried many times with my XD .40 on my side. No issues at all. Everyone I talk to says I look like a detective..I normaly dress nice all the time. Here's some pictures of Dress clothes, street clothes, gangster just hurry up and deal me some drugs so I can rob my cash back from ya, clothes

Springfield XD .40SW

Post imported post

Sounds like typical drivel from that Westminster cop. I've OC'ed down in Westminster as well many times (mostly while bowling at the Brunswick alley), and never had any issue. I checked the Westminster code after reading your post, and while they have an ordinance to forbid open carry in city buildings so long as it's posted, they repealed their old preempted laws sometime since 2003. And that's a fair amount of proof that while one goof of an officer doesn't want ordinary citizens carrying guns, the city knows what state law is and has been compelled to follow it.

Heck, it makes me want to head down bowling sometime this week!

Post imported post

Hey I go bowling every now and then! off kippling and I-70 at the B. ..no issues at all! where about do you happen to live? I'm off 72nd and Federal, not the best side of town..

Post imported post

Didn't the State Rep for Westminster introduce a bill a while back trying to get rid of OC?

I ended up not OCing while I was at the Butterfly Pavillion earlier this year, BTW.

Post imported post

Nice pictures.

Post imported post

Don't remember the name of the steak house in the parking lot outside the Westminster mall (the one where ya can't wear ties, or they will cut em off) , but I was wearing 5.11 pants & polo shirt while OCing a cusstomized & hard chromed Govt 1911 in a Blade Tech belt holster w 2 extra mags and nobody gave ne a 2nd glance.

However, one of the mall ninja's did follow us around for a while when we were walking around in the Westminster mall.

When in FlatIron Crossing earlier that same day nobody gave me a 2nd glance.