• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RANGE DAY

USN_MA1

imported post

I am sure the topic may have been brought up before but what the heck...

What good are the pistols we carry if we can't shoot them straight? What do you think of getting together sometime to do a little group shooting? We could plan it a little way out so everyone can do a little stockpiling if needed. I only know of a few places in my area really that could take a large number of people...

What do you think? Would you wear a watch that didn't work? Why carry a gun that you cant shoot...?

Thoughts...

:monkey

compmanio365

imported post

I've got the "Sportsmans Club of Tacoma"out here in Puyallup on Canyon Road. It is a little ways out from some people but it is usually uncrowded on Sundays. And it would have enough room for quite a few people if we caught it when it was not crowded.

Mightybigjosh

imported post

I know a few of us that frequent Sam's Gun Range over there on airport road in southEverett. They have two bays with 6-8 lanes each and its an indoor range just in case it rains.

uncoolperson

imported post

i play mostly up in the hills around bellingham/demming area... although when i hit a range i go to plantation just outside bellingham, nice professional people (too profesional), worked there for awhile (part time evenings to help make me happy with the cube life), they wanted a bit more dedication out of me than 33% my normal pay, and 33% my normal hours could justify... still good people, nice people, and a pretty enough range.

just_a_car

imported post

gregma and I hit Sam's a while back (two, three? weeks ago) and had a blast! Quite literally when I brought out my CETME Sporter .308. Only members are allowed to shoot rifles, though.

USN_MA1

imported post

Everyone wants to carry their guns but no one wants to shoot them?

Who am I to complain...I didnt go eat...sorry...:cry:

metricinch

imported post

Tacoma Sportsman's is pretty anal about rapid fire and they have a policy of no more than ten rounds in a mag and that really sticks in my craw.

There is Renton Fish and Game Club, but I have only been there once since the range master I liked left.

There is Wade's, but they, like Sam's only allow members to shoot rifles.

Champion Arms in Kent near Ikea, but I am not sure if they allow riffles. I would guess that they do as they have AR-15's for rent.

I my self usually shoot at my Grandfather's place. He has 80 acres in the middle of no-where and I can do as I please.

Regardless I would be totally down with a range day!

Mightybigjosh

imported post

Who's down for going to Sam's this Saturday? I plan on eating lunch first then going at about 1pm. I am free most of the day though so let me know if you can make it later or earlier. PM me if you'd like my cell # to sort things out! We could even make lunch an OC event!!!

larz

imported post

Champion Arms only allow members to rapid fire. They allow rifles that use frangible bullets and i think only up to .223 caliber since their range is only 25 yds. Not exactly sure since I don't have a rifle.

just_a_car

imported post

larz wrote:
Champion Arms only allow members to rapid fire. They allow rifles that use frangible bullets and i think only up to .223 caliber since their range is only 25 yds. Not exactly sure since I don't have a rifle.
Both of my rifles are 7.62 (x54r and x51NATO), so no-go for me... oh, and Sam's is also 25 yards; they just have a huge shredded-tire burm at the back.

compmanio365

imported post

It's a long drive, but I went out to past Greenwater up east of Enumclaw last time I just wanted to get out and do real shooting without restrictions. There is a lot of space out there to do some shooting without getting in trouble or getting someone on our backs about it.

USN_MA1

imported post

I am all about finding a nice piece of land to shoot...I know that was asked before and no one offered up any known locations.