Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seattle, Washington, August 28, 6 p.m., Green Lake Park

Post imported post

About ProtestEasyGuns.com
    This website is designed for American citizens who are outraged at how easy it is to obtain a gun in the United States and believe it is time to act against lax U.S. gun laws.

We were compelled to action by the tragic murders committed on the Virginia Tech campus on April 16th -- the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history. On April 22nd, 32 of us, representing the 32 victims at Virginia Tech, staged a lie-in for several minutes in front of City Hall in Alexandria, Virginia. The short duration of our lie-in symbolized the short amount of time it took the Virginia Tech shooter to obtain his gun in Virginia.

Protesters include citizens -- mothers, grandmothers, women and men, Republicans and Democrats, teachers, hunters -- from all walks of life. Most of us have never protested before. But we came together, friend calling friend, to do something about this terrible problem. We all agree that it is time to put COMMON SENSE INTO OUR GUN LAWS!

Our goal is to encourage like-minded citizens to stage their own protests around the country so that we can influence the public discourse and ultimately the legislative process with regard to this critical national problem. Click here to find a template or what we call a "Protest in a Box" that will help you organize and carry out an effective protest.

The bottom line:

IT IS TOO EASY TO BUY A GUN IN THE UNITED STATES! AMERICA, WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS!

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT -- STAGE A PROTEST AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Our group will never raise a penny or spend a penny. Our effectiveness lies in our ability to inspire others to engage in grass-roots, power-back-to-the-people actions. Anyone can do this.

For more information, write to info@protesteasyguns.com.

I just thought I would let you all know in case you can't aford a gun that day. Just another option.

Post imported post

Iintended to say FYI (effing yuppie idiots) no wonder it took me so long to put in the the last word

Post imported post

So, anyone up for an OC meet-up/walk around Green Lake on August 28th after work?
    Support these forums, please donate if you are able to OpenCarry.Org!

Post imported post

Since it wasn't actually mentioned, they are indeed planning a protest at the above location at the above date/time: ProtestEasyGuns.com About. It's half-way down in the "upcoming protests" section.

...and yes, I'm totally up for an OC anti-protest. Note for all who would like to attend, this is a Tuesday evening at 6pm. Maybe go to Applebee's afterwards for all-you-can-eat BBQ riblets? *grin*
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

if only it was closer.... just did some reading on that site, how can people be so dumb?

Post imported post

sorry my post was not that clear.(I am still kinda new to this whole forum stuff)yes they are planning some asinine die in thing at the park. I thought it would be cool if a few people could go and OC. I still don't know if I will be able to go. (that is why I did not propose anything). But if others our interested I think that having these people see that a gun will not attack if it gets to close would be good.

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    ...and yes, I'm totally up for an OC anti-protest. Note for all who would like to attend, this is a Tuesday evening at 6pm. Maybe go to Applebee's afterwards ...
    I'm curious. What would be thepurpose of the OC anti-protest? How would you do it?

How is it a good idea? Other than getting together for some chow at Appleee's, I mean...

Post imported post

An open carry"protest" might put us in violation of the law. However, I've always thought that it might be nice to have a picnic at the park.

Post imported post

Not a formal OC protest per se, just a gathering of fellow OCers for a couple of laps around the lake (assuming the antis are going to be somwhere near the path).

Post imported post

Jamfish wrote:
    Not a formal OC protest per se, just a gathering of fellow OCers for a couple of laps around the lake (assuming the antis are going to be somwhere near the path).
    Funny thing is, they only intend on sticking around for as long as it took that Korean ******* (I'm so glad his name is so hard to remember, he doesn't deserve to be remembered) to kill the 32 innocent people.

So, if we simply walked as a group, or even individually, around Green Lake for an 30 minutes to an hour before and after their little stunt, we'll have more exposure and likely a better response than their fiasco. (Hey we might even meet some cute girls. ) Now, I specifically say "WALK" around Green Lake because a "man running with a gun" is just enough to perhaps have a cop say you were "acting in a manner and in a place that would warrant alarm" (unless you were, say, wearing specific jogging/running clothes).

It's really too bad we wouldn't be able to get any of the OCDO shirts in time for this. Especially the one that says "Because I can't carry a cop." or "I'm just taking it for a walk."

Oh, and HankT, do you really need any more motivation than all-you-can-eat BBQ Riblets at Applebees? :P Heck, we could even claim we're trying to exercise as a group to work off the calories we know we're about to ingest! LOL!
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I would be up for a short gather and dinner up here in Seattle, especially since I didn't make it on Sunday........I would have to drive in or figure out some other transportation since I normally take the train.........

Post imported post

Oh, shiza... I just checked with the wife on this... bad night for me to be out after work Now I just feel stupid for suggesting it in the first place and then not showing up

*sigh*

Oh, well, I would have been pressed to find a decent OC rig in time anyway. This would have been my first time OC-ing!

I'll keep pressing on this. I don't want to ignore my obligations, but I would REALLY love to do this walk.

Post imported post

I would love to find where they are 'flopping' and gather our group off to the side (conspicuously OC'ing of course) with a signs saying something to the extent of:

WE could have prevented this
    WE were not ALLOWED

Or do one better. Those of us who can CC should 'set up' with ONE sign bearing the first part of the message (making it look like we are 'supporters'), and when the 'flopping' REALLY gets going, the rest can join in, OCing, with a sign bearing the second half of the message, while the first group UNconceals.

Oh, how I'd love to see that....

Post imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
    the rest can join in, OCing, with a sign bearing the second half of the message, while the first group UNconceals.
    That is a BAD idea. That could easily be construed as threatening and would get those people arrested.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Schoolyard, west coast version. :P

...not that this would be schoolyard tactics, mind you.

Post imported post

August 28th is becoming Exercise Your Rights Day. Get thee off thy ass and go buy some ammo or reloading supplies or something else and support your local gun shop!

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2007/0...rd-aug-28.html

And here's somebody local doing his part:

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2007/08/open-carry-while-delivering-fliers.html

I'd go to Green Lake but I don't have a good OC holster (yet!) and I rarely get off work by 6.

Post imported post

Were I in the area, Id be all for a protest highjack or a counter protest.

The idea is simple; Show up at the die in and begin our own pro-gun narrative. Saying that any one of the 31 innocents were lawfully armed the other 30 could be living today...
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Good Oleg Volk shirts to wear when prohibitionists are present:
    http://www.libertyoutlet.com/store/b...;sort=category

How about wearing Oleg Volk shirts down there, and getting in there with a bullhorn. Might be useful to have a crowd of people standing around them and pointing out how foolish they are to go around unarmed and defenseless. It would prevent them from getting any useful footage to be aired on the news networks.

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:
    An open carry"protest" might put us in violation of the law. However, I've always thought that it might be nice to have a picnic at the park.
    Why is that ???

Exercising 1st AND 2nd Amendment Rights

Post imported post

Not that it really matters, but I noticed in the paper (Herald) that it's also the evening of the Full Moon... No wonder all the crazies are out. *chuckle*
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote: " took that Korean ******* "

Not to try to jack this thread, but I don't think this is appropriate. He is a ******* that is a fact, but to point out he is Korean isn't fair.I am not Korean myself, but I find this offensive. I actually have a friend who is Korean, and the day after the horrible event, a person looked at her and shook his head saying "F*cking Koreans." She was just buying her food at the store.

But back to the thread. I think it would be interesting to see an Anti-protest.

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    44Brent wrote:
    Why is that ???

Exercising 1st AND 2nd Amendment Rights
    See RCW 9.41.270

Weapons apparently capable of producing bodily harm — Unlawful carrying or handling — Penalty — Exceptions.

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

OC whileprotesting an anti-gun event might be interpreted by police and a court as a violation of this law. A conviction under this law will cause a person to forfeit their CPL, and that's not a risk I am willing to take under these circumstances. This is why I suggest activities be limited to the following:

• Non-confrontational open carry in the vicinity. By non-confrontational, I mean some activity like a picnic.

-- OR --
    • A confrontational protest which does NOT involve open carry. I personally like this one a little better because a person with a bullhorn just a few feet away from the prohibitionists can ruin their footage that they will likely send to the media for broadcast.

Post imported post

A confrontational protest which does NOT involve open carry. I personally like this one a little better because a person with a bullhorn just a few feet away from the prohibitionists can ruin their footage that they will likely send to the media for broadcast.
    An excellent suggestion, 44Brent!

Post imported post

krazichinaman wrote:
    just_a_car wrote: " took that Korean ******* "

Not to try to jack this thread, but I don't think this is appropriate. He is a ******* that is a fact, but to point out he is Korean isn't fair.I am not Korean myself, but I find this offensive. I actually have a friend who is Korean, and the day after the horrible event, a person looked at her and shook his head saying "F*cking Koreans." She was just buying her food at the store.

But back to the thread. I think it would be interesting to see an Anti-protest.
    It was meant to simply describe the person. Why should it be fair that someone of a certain nationality (note, I said nationality, not RACE) should do something so heinous? What happened to your friend was bigotry and racial predjudice and I don't condone it one bit. What I did was to describe a person by their citizenship and by their actions. To be offended by such... well, let me just say I don't apologize for it one bit, nor feel bad about it. I'm not saying you don't have a right to be offended... just that maybe you should take things as they're meant to be taken.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Oh, and I was just at Applebee's tonight... AND GUESS WHAT?!...

On August 28th, they're donating $1 from every (check or order, I can't recall) to a local foster kids charity! Talk about awesome coincidence!
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast