• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle, Washington, August 28, 6 p.m., Green Lake Park

krazichinaman

imported post

just_a_car wrote: " took that Korean jackass "

Not to try to jack this thread, but I don't think this is appropriate. He is a jackass that is a fact, but to point out he is Korean isn't fair.I am not Korean myself, but I find this offensive. I actually have a friend who is Korean, and the day after the horrible event, a person looked at her and shook his head saying "F*cking Koreans." She was just buying her food at the store.

But back to the thread. I think it would be interesting to see an Anti-protest.

44Brent

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
44Brent wrote:
An open carry"protest" might put us in violation of the law. However, I've always thought that it might be nice to have a picnic at the park.

Why is that ???

Exercising 1st AND 2nd Amendment Rights

See RCW 9.41.270

Weapons apparently capable of producing bodily harm — Unlawful carrying or handling — Penalty — Exceptions.

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

OC whileprotesting an anti-gun event might be interpreted by police and a court as a violation of this law. A conviction under this law will cause a person to forfeit their CPL, and that's not a risk I am willing to take under these circumstances. This is why I suggest activities be limited to the following:

• Non-confrontational open carry in the vicinity. By non-confrontational, I mean some activity like a picnic.

-- OR --
  • A confrontational protest which does NOT involve open carry. I personally like this one a little better because a person with a bullhorn just a few feet away from the prohibitionists can ruin their footage that they will likely send to the media for broadcast.

retrodad

imported post

A confrontational protest which does NOT involve open carry. I personally like this one a little better because a person with a bullhorn just a few feet away from the prohibitionists can ruin their footage that they will likely send to the media for broadcast.
An excellent suggestion, 44Brent!

just_a_car

imported post

krazichinaman wrote:

Not to try to jack this thread, but I don't think this is appropriate. He is a jackass that is a fact, but to point out he is Korean isn't fair.I am not Korean myself, but I find this offensive. I actually have a friend who is Korean, and the day after the horrible event, a person looked at her and shook his head saying "F*cking Koreans." She was just buying her food at the store.

It was meant to simply describe the person. Why should it be fair that someone of a certain nationality (note, I said nationality, not RACE) should do something so heinous? What happened to your friend was bigotry and racial predjudice and I don't condone it one bit. What I did was to describe a person by their citizenship and by their actions. To be offended by such... well, let me just say I don't apologize for it one bit, nor feel bad about it. I'm not saying you don't have a right to be offended... just that maybe you should take things as they're meant to be taken.

just_a_car

imported post

Oh, and I was just at Applebee's tonight... AND GUESS WHAT?!...

On August 28th, they're donating $1 from every (check or order, I can't recall) to a local foster kids charity! Talk about awesome coincidence!

44Brent

imported post

Alex Jones demonstrates a simple technique for ruining staged events that are used to incite the media and terrorize the public. To see this technique in action,see the following excerpts from 9/11 The Road to Tyranny.

1:20 (1 minute and20 seconds) from the beginning of the section that is bookmarked at http://tinyurl.com/2ug7yu

-- OR --

1:54:59 (1 hours, 54 minutes, 59 seconds) from the very beginning of the video at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1358726890127819985&hl=en

UTOC-45-44

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
krazichinaman wrote:

It was meant to simply describe the person. Why should it be fair that someone of a certain nationality (note, I said nationality, not RACE) should do something so heinous? What happened to your friend was bigotry and racial predjudice and I don't condone it one bit. What I did was to describe a person by their citizenship and by their actions. To be offended by such... well, let me just say I don't apologize for it one bit, nor feel bad about it. I'm not saying you don't have a right to be offended... just that maybe you should take things as they're meant to be taken.

just_a_car...As a Native borninSwede I agree with you that "It was meant to simply describe the person. "

I felt when I read your words that they NOT meant Racial in ANY way shape or form. IF it would have been Racial you possibly could have said G**K, Which is the Equivalence of the "N"word for ,the American Political "Correctness", the African American Population.

List of ethnic slurs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[size=-1][37] American troops thought "miguk" sounded like "me gook" (i.e. "I am a ... Strangely, "gook" was also used by white soldiers in Africa to designate [/size][size=-1]enemy ...[/size]

gregma

imported post

Getting back on subject....

Tomahawk came up with an EXCELLENT idea in another board.

Stand off to the side of the lie-ins with a big sign that says, "This is what happens to you when you cannot defend yourself!" and an arrow pointing at the prostrate antis.

This would make a profund statement! And one that can easily be done, and is non-threatening.

If there were 10 or so of us with these signs so they can be seen from all angles, it would almost make it seem as if they are a part of a PRO-gun stance! :D

44Brent

imported post

I agree with Greg on the signs. Alright, let's hear some suggestions on when and where to make the signs, and when to meet up.

just_a_car

imported post

gregma wrote:
Getting back on subject....

Tomahawk came up with an EXCELLENT idea in another board.

Stand off to the side of the lie-ins with a big sign that says, "This is what happens to you when you cannot defend yourself!" and an arrow pointing at the prostrate antis.

This would make a profund statement! And one that can easily be done, and is non-threatening.

If there were 10 or so of us with these signs so they can be seen from all angles, it would almost make it seem as if they are a part of a PRO-gun stance! :D
+1!!!

Great idea from T, there.

jchen012

imported post

I wasn't offended by the comment either, but then again, I am Chinese American and proudly serve in the US Coast Guard. He was just describing the person. I see rednecks all the time and rightfully call them so... Anyhow I think it would be great to get more "Asians" to come out and OC to show that 99% of us are sane, law abiding citizens. I would be up for it.

just_a_car

imported post

larz wrote:
Iwas the token asian at the last two gatherings ;)
And a welcome addition!

I wanted to look around Brent and try to get you to speak up more in the conversations, but I always got caught up in what we were talking about.

...like you said, maybe next time you'll speak up more. ;)

Boyd

imported post

I like tomahawks sign idea too... I hope you guys are careful (sorry I can't join you), they will have media contacts and a plan to engage the media. They may be emotional losers but they have experience working a crowd. -Boyd