• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle, Washington, August 28, 6 p.m., Green Lake Park

G_Lyons

imported post

About ProtestEasyGuns.com
This website is designed for American citizens who are outraged at how easy it is to obtain a gun in the United States and believe it is time to act against lax U.S. gun laws.

We were compelled to action by the tragic murders committed on the Virginia Tech campus on April 16th -- the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history. On April 22nd, 32 of us, representing the 32 victims at Virginia Tech, staged a lie-in for several minutes in front of City Hall in Alexandria, Virginia. The short duration of our lie-in symbolized the short amount of time it took the Virginia Tech shooter to obtain his gun in Virginia.

Protesters include citizens -- mothers, grandmothers, women and men, Republicans and Democrats, teachers, hunters -- from all walks of life. Most of us have never protested before. But we came together, friend calling friend, to do something about this terrible problem. We all agree that it is time to put COMMON SENSE INTO OUR GUN LAWS!

Our goal is to encourage like-minded citizens to stage their own protests around the country so that we can influence the public discourse and ultimately the legislative process with regard to this critical national problem. Click here to find a template or what we call a "Protest in a Box" that will help you organize and carry out an effective protest.

The bottom line:

IT IS TOO EASY TO BUY A GUN IN THE UNITED STATES! AMERICA, WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS!

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT -- STAGE A PROTEST AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Our group will never raise a penny or spend a penny. Our effectiveness lies in our ability to inspire others to engage in grass-roots, power-back-to-the-people actions. Anyone can do this.

For more information, write to info@protesteasyguns.com.

:cuss:I just thought I would let you all know in case you can't aford a gun that day. Just another option.

just_a_car

imported post

Since it wasn't actually mentioned, they are indeed planning a protest at the above location at the above date/time: ProtestEasyGuns.com About. It's half-way down in the "upcoming protests" section.

...and yes, I'm totally up for an OC anti-protest. Note for all who would like to attend, this is a Tuesday evening at 6pm. Maybe go to Applebee's afterwards for all-you-can-eat BBQ riblets? *grin*

G_Lyons

imported post

sorry my post was not that clear.(I am still kinda new to this whole forum stuff)yes they are planning some asinine die in thing at the park. I thought it would be cool if a few people could go and OC. I still don't know if I will be able to go. (that is why I did not propose anything). But if others our interested I think that having these people see that a gun will not attack if it gets to close would be good.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
...and yes, I'm totally up for an OC anti-protest. Note for all who would like to attend, this is a Tuesday evening at 6pm. Maybe go to Applebee's afterwards ...

I'm curious. What would be thepurpose of the OC anti-protest? How would you do it?

How is it a good idea? Other than getting together for some chow at Appleee's, I mean...

44Brent

imported post

An open carry"protest" might put us in violation of the law. However, I've always thought that it might be nice to have a picnic at the park.

retrodad

imported post

Not a formal OC protest per se, just a gathering of fellow OCers for a couple of laps around the lake (assuming the antis are going to be somwhere near the path).

just_a_car

imported post

Jamfish wrote:
Not a formal OC protest per se, just a gathering of fellow OCers for a couple of laps around the lake (assuming the antis are going to be somwhere near the path).
Funny thing is, they only intend on sticking around for as long as it took that Korean jackass (I'm so glad his name is so hard to remember, he doesn't deserve to be remembered) to kill the 32 innocent people.

So, if we simply walked as a group, or even individually, around Green Lake for an 30 minutes to an hour before and after their little stunt, we'll have more exposure and likely a better response than their fiasco. (Hey we might even meet some cute girls. ;) ) Now, I specifically say "WALK" around Green Lake because a "man running with a gun" is just enough to perhaps have a cop say you were "acting in a manner and in a place that would warrant alarm" (unless you were, say, wearing specific jogging/running clothes).

It's really too bad we wouldn't be able to get any of the OCDO shirts in time for this. Especially the one that says "Because I can't carry a cop." or "I'm just taking it for a walk."

Oh, and HankT, do you really need any more motivation than all-you-can-eat BBQ Riblets at Applebees? :p Heck, we could even claim we're trying to exercise as a group to work off the calories we know we're about to ingest! LOL!

compmanio365

imported post

I would be up for a short gather and dinner up here in Seattle, especially since I didn't make it on Sunday........I would have to drive in or figure out some other transportation since I normally take the train.........

retrodad

imported post

Oh, shiza... I just checked with the wife on this... bad night for me to be out after work :( Now I just feel stupid for suggesting it in the first place and then not showing up :cry:

*sigh*

Oh, well, I would have been pressed to find a decent OC rig in time anyway. This would have been my first time OC-ing!

I'll keep pressing on this. I don't want to ignore my obligations, but I would REALLY love to do this walk.

Phssthpok

imported post

I would love to find where they are 'flopping' and gather our group off to the side (conspicuously OC'ing of course) with a signs saying something to the extent of:

WE could have prevented this
WE were not ALLOWED

Or do one better. Those of us who can CC should 'set up' with ONE sign bearing the first part of the message (making it look like we are 'supporters'), and when the 'flopping' REALLY gets going, the rest can join in, OCing, with a sign bearing the second half of the message, while the first group UNconceals.

Oh, how I'd love to see that....

just_a_car

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
the rest can join in, OCing, with a sign bearing the second half of the message, while the first group UNconceals.

That is a BAD idea. That could easily be construed as threatening and would get those people arrested.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Schoolyard, west coast version. :p

...not that this would be schoolyard tactics, mind you.

John Hardin

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Were I in the area, Id be all for a protest highjack or a counter protest.

The idea is simple; Show up at the die in and begin our own pro-gun narrative. Saying that any one of the 31 innocents were lawfully armed the other 30 could be living today...

44Brent

imported post

Good Oleg Volk shirts to wear when prohibitionists are present:
http://www.libertyoutlet.com/store/bystore.html?store=3&display=grid&page=1&sort=category

How about wearing Oleg Volk shirts down there, and getting in there with a bullhorn. Might be useful to have a crowd of people standing around them and pointing out how foolish they are to go around unarmed and defenseless. It would prevent them from getting any useful footage to be aired on the news networks.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

44Brent wrote:
An open carry"protest" might put us in violation of the law. However, I've always thought that it might be nice to have a picnic at the park.

Why is that ???

Exercising 1st AND 2nd Amendment Rights

just_a_car

imported post

Not that it really matters, but I noticed in the paper (Herald) that it's also the evening of the Full Moon... No wonder all the crazies are out. *chuckle*