• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry legal aug 28?

deadjed

imported post

[align=left][sup]So, open carry is totally legal in all of Mo aug. 28?
[/sup]
[/align]

captainamerica

imported post

NO.

OC is currently perfectly legal in MO except in cities/counties where a statute/law has been passed to prohibit OC. All that is happening on the 28th is a "mother-may-I" County Sheriff approved Permit To Acquire a handgun is no longer needed to purchase a handgun AND the Castle Doctrine takes effect.

deadjed wrote:
[align=left][suP]So, open carry is totally legal in all of Mo aug. 28?
[/suP]
[/align]

deadjed

imported post

[sup]So, what is the status of the h.b. that allows missouri law to override a town,or city's open carry restrictions ?
Thx for the replies b.t.w.
[/sup]

Article1section23

imported post

DeadJed,

We are going to have to push for it next year. FNRA banquet in Farmington this Saturday.