• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greetings Virginians!

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Howdy all,

As you can see by my post count, I mainly lurk around OCDO.

However, I have decided to announce that I will be taking a trip to visit Virginia -- around the Virginia Beach area -- during the first half of September and wanted to know if there is anyone who would like to get together for a dinner out or some such fun activity.

I'm going to finally be able to meet my woman's family. If all goes well, we'll be married before the year is out, but I don't want to jinx anything. *crosses fingers*

And, as an aside, I'm a huge proponent of open carry and I just now wondered why I don't post here more often...

Bubba Ron

imported post

Sage of Seattle wrote:
However, I have decided to announce that I will be taking a trip to visit Virginia -- around the Virginia Beach area -- during the first half of September and wanted to know if there is anyone who would like to get together for a dinner out or some such fun activity.
Let's see, we just had 34 people at a dining out last night at Primos.....and we have another one scheduled next Tuesday evening at Freemason Alley......yep, there's definately a 100 percent chance that we'll have another one while you are here :cool:.

You just have to continue to visit and post right here at OCDO and you'll know where and when. For additional info, send me a PM....

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ditto for the Yorktown/Newport News/Hampton area. Give us a little notice and we can usually rally a small contingent for an impromptu dinner. Heck, I eat every night anyway:D.

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Bubba -

Your email is set to private, so I'm not sure how to get ahold of you and my semiphore skills are pretty nonexistent. But it sounds like great fun, so count us in.

Ghettokracker and Dutch Uncle -

I'm vastly ingnorant of east coast geography, so I'll check with the little woman to see where you guys are and we can arrange something.

Thanks again and I will be posting more often around OCDO!

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Sage of Seattle wrote:
Bubba -

Your email is set to private, so I'm not sure how to get ahold of you and my semiphore skills are pretty nonexistent. But it sounds like great fun, so count us in.

Ghettokracker and Dutch Uncle -

I'm vastly ingnorant of east coast geography, so I'll check with the little woman to see where you guys are and we can arrange something.

Thanks again and I will be posting more often around OCDO!
Lol dont let Dutch lie to you.. if it is anywhere close to the hampton roads area, he is game. I remember when i was as cool as Bubba and was able to make it to all the fun nights... :banghead:

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Ghettokracker,

After checking with my SO, she says that we more than likely won't be able to get to that area this time around, though there's one more trip I'll be taking there before the year is out, so I will definitely let you know when we can drive that way.

AbNo

imported post

Well, what area WILL you be in, so those of us that have learned the lay of the land in the last two years can know if you're close enough? ;)

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Sage of Seattle wrote:
Ghettokracker,

After checking with my SO, she says that we more than likely won't be able to get to that area this time around, though there's one more trip I'll be taking there before the year is out, so I will definitely let you know when we can drive that way.
Awsome. I'm always up for some OC stuff...:idea:

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Virginia Beach area is the best I can do at the moment AbNo. Any place within thirty or so miles is included, I'm figuring, as it would be a fairly comfortable drive to make.

I'll be flying out to that area again in another month or so -- before the end of the year for sure -- to drive back west furniture and other odds and ends, so since we'll be doing the Sage and Family Road Trip, we can afford to stop by and visit more people along the way.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Bubba --

I've been trying valiantly to hold back, but now I'm morbidly curious as to the musket story. I'm sure I'll have to hear it when I get there...

Bubba Ron

imported post

Sage of Seattle wrote:
Bubba --

I've been trying valiantly to hold back, but now I'm morbidly curious as to the musket story. I'm sure I'll have to hear it when I get there...
I guess I should have said "flintlock" see: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/1884-4.html

But heck, I'm an old man, and that was way back in April....I can't even remember stuff from last week :?.

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Oh, hell, that was kinda boring.

You've got just over one week to pep it up some, bud! I'll be expecting a rollercoaster of a story with some hot gypsies thrown in for good measure.

(wonders if anyone will get his television reference)

Bubba Ron

imported post

Sage of Seattle wrote:
You've got just over one week to pep it up some, bud! I'll be expecting a rollercoaster of a story with some hot gypsies thrown in for good measure.
I didn't know you wanted to talk about Liberty Call on a WestPac run :p.

Tomahawk

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Sage of Seattle wrote:
What goes on in the PI stays in the PI, as the old saying went...

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Sage of Seattle wrote:
I didnt know that Moses and you took the Arch on a Westpac. Had to collect some more animals huh? How did that liberty call go? bahh bahh daaaaady? Good thing you always keep your rain boots and velcro gloves with ya. Please bubba tell us the story.....:celebrate

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Sage of Seattle wrote:

Sure, why not? After all, the intarweb is truly vicariousness fully realized.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
I didnt know that Moses and you took the Arch on a Westpac. Had to collect some more animals huh? How did that liberty call go? bahh bahh daaaaady? Good thing you always keep your rain boots and velcro gloves with ya. Please bubba tell us the story.....:celebrate
Can't, see Tomahawk's post above......:cool:. PI sheep.....hummmmm.....I do remember a couple from Holy Loch, Scotland......

C

ccloud43

imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
Sage of Seattle wrote:
I see Doc came back with both barrels blazing. Good to see you back and hope your at the next meeting.