Thread: First Time "Really" OC'ing in VA

Post imported post

Since I was working in Herndon today, I decided I would try out OC'ing when I went for lunch. So I placed my G19 on as I left the work parking lot and decided to get Lunch at Pho Bac in Sully Plaza on Rt.50.Very uneventful except for a :what:from a group of loud teenagers as I stood up to go pay my bill. I was dressed in real clothes (dress shirt / slacks) as opposed to my normal IT wear (jeans, polo shirt). Hopefully I can get the cajones to do this more, as even though I like OC, sometimes I get scared and CC because it easier.

Since I'll be down here a little later than normal, maybe I'll do dinner in VA as well.

Post imported post

Great first OC! Uneventful, just like it should be. OC gets easier with time, keep on, and it will feel more natural.

Post imported post

dngreer wrote:
    OC gets easier with time, keep on, and it will feel more natural.
    My problem exactly. I started out CCing and it only took me 6 days to figure out OC is for me. Was a little nervous at first and still do get a little, like when there is a big line around me at the gas station...I just casually pull my gun a little more forward and cover it with my forearm.
    Now I am moving to a non OC state and it is killing me. It is such a pain in the ass to keep adjusting my clothes in the Alabama heat.
    Can't wait to get to a gold star state one of these days.

Post imported post

isn't posted.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

ilikeglocks I started OCing the first week in July and have been pretty much OCing 100 percent since. After a while those jitters go away trust me. Oh and welcome to the club.