• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Time "Really" OC'ing in VA

ilikeglocks

imported post

Since I was working in Herndon today, I decided I would try out OC'ing when I went for lunch. So I placed my G19 on as I left the work parking lot and decided to get Lunch at Pho Bac in Sully Plaza on Rt.50.Very uneventful except for a :what:from a group of loud teenagers as I stood up to go pay my bill. I was dressed in real clothes (dress shirt / slacks) as opposed to my normal IT wear (jeans, polo shirt). Hopefully I can get the cajones to do this more, as even though I like OC, sometimes I get scared and CC because it easier.

Since I'll be down here a little later than normal, maybe I'll do dinner in VA as well.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Great first OC! Uneventful, just like it should be. OC gets easier with time, keep on, and it will feel more natural.

Kingfish

imported post

dngreer wrote:
OC gets easier with time, keep on, and it will feel more natural.

My problem exactly. I started out CCing and it only took me 6 days to figure out OC is for me. Was a little nervous at first and still do get a little, like when there is a big line around me at the gas station...I just casually pull my gun a little more forward and cover it with my forearm.
Now I am moving to a non OC state and it is killing me. It is such a pain in the ass to keep adjusting my clothes in the Alabama heat.
Can't wait to get to a gold star state one of these days.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

ilikeglocks I started OCing the first week in July and have been pretty much OCing 100 percent since. After a while those jitters go away trust me. Oh and welcome to the club.