• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally, someone made a decent holster for the HP .45!

compmanio365

imported post

Hi Point 45, ROTO-HOLSTER™ PADDLE
$34.99
pixel_trans.gif

HPPb.jpg

AVAILABLE NOW!

Introducing the new FOBUS Evolution (E2) Series Hi Point 45 Holster. The E2 series is the next step in the evolution of holster development. A tension adjustment screw is incorporated to allow the user to customize the ease of presentation and the security of retention, functioning with the proven FOBUS passive retention design.

The new E2 series features one-piece holster body construction, and like all FOBUS Holsters, the E2, is lightweight and includes steel reinforced rivet attachment and a protective sight channel. The paddle also includes a rubberized insert to provide both comfort and stability.
Available in paddle, belt, and Roto-Holster™ models.

FEATURES:
Tension adjustment screw
Rubberized paddle
One piece holster body construction
Steel reinforced rivet attachment system
Protective sight channel

Available in Standard, Belt, Roto Paddle, and Roto Belt

Except of course....I didn't buy mine straight from Fobus, but on EBay for $20. :D

Brand new and should be here in5-7 days.....I'll have to give a review.......

compmanio365

imported post

Got the holster yesterday, man Fobus holsters are weird, but I guess it works well enough. I'm starting to get the hang of how to pull it out without it hanging up, but I had my wife test the retention, and there was no way she could pull it out while it was on me. It would bedang uncomfortable with someone giving you a wedgie, but the gunwould stayin the holster. I still feel like I have to practice with it a bit more before I will feel comfortable wearing it; the last thing one would want is to try and draw and have it hang because you didn't have the motion down in muscle memory. Seems like it's good quality though, doesn't shift around when I'm wearing it, and makes wearing the 45 less cumbersome. If you don't mind or already have experience with passive retention holsters, then it seems like a good deal.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

My first holster was my Fobus paddle...I only have one other holster for a different firearm:banghead:...sucks being a n00b. I like the paddle though,...did the job. I never had any problems pulling out without anything snagging

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
Ghettokracker71 wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
ScottNH wrote:
Hi Point 45, ROTO-HOLSTER™ PADDLE
$34.99

Wow, the holster costs as much as the gun.
150px-DoNotFeedTroll.svg.png
Don't feed the troll......
Amen. I wish I could find a nice hi-point for that cheap:cool:

Nice and Hi-Point don't exactly go togeather :p:p:p
:uhoh: How many have you shot? Owned?.....

Its bad enough we have MMM,brady ,and gun-grabbers at our tails,and the concealed crowd usually doesn't get along with us, but now we got our own kind out here being extremely ignorant,and assumptive,making asinine(sp) comments only reflecting the low level of their own thinking. STFU. If you don't like Hi-point,why the hell did you click on this thread? :banghead:

Mjolnir

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
:uhoh: How many have you shot? Owned?.....
I value my hands, eyes and other body parts thus I've never shot or owned one.

However, as a "saturday night special" it's somewhat better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :lol::lol:

Cheap firearms have a specfic place, but once ya can afford a G19 or any other quality handgun ya owe it to yourself and your loved ones to upgrade. Besides, no full sized handgun that costs under $150.00 is a quality handgun plain and simple.

Roy Innis, president of the activist group Congress on Racial Equality, said "To make inexpensive guns impossible to get is to say that you're putting a money test on getting a gun. It's racism in its worst form."

compmanio365

imported post

Mjolnir, anytime you're in the area andwant to eat your words, let me know and we'll go out to the range....... ;) My $150 Hi Point will shoot just as well as many more expensive ones. Is it the best choice? No, if you have a million or the government is paying for your piece. For the everyday Joe just trying to make ends meet and feels it is important that he is armed, but can't afford to drop $500 for a fancy model of pistol? It is the PERFECT answer. Reliable, best warranty in the business, and affordable enough that your common 9-5 worker can get one. And isn't that the point? More people able to defend themselves, not just the rich or influential people, but those that really need to defend themselves; those that live in the not-so-great neighborhoods that really wouldn't have the money to pay for a Kimber or even a Taurus? Why should they be deprived of the ability to defend themselves?

I saw that video on the Fobus holsters, but since the idiot just stood there and let him take his gun, I can't say I'm convinced. No holster will make a difference if you let the attacker work on it while you do little more than hold his hand while he's doing it.......and the motion doesn't make sense, as the way it is constructed would preclude a downward motion, unless that is a different model than what I have.

Mjolnir

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
Your credentionals ,good sir? Because every gun magazine I've read is contary to what you state,and says nothing but posivite things about them.
And of course you know how and why gun rags write what they do don't ya :lol::lol:

Ever seen a gun rag say anything wrong about a gun :p:p

Mjolnir

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Mjolnir, anytime you're in the area andwant to eat your words, let me know and we'll go out to the range....... ;) My $150 Hi Point will shoot just as well as many more expensive ones. Is it the best choice? No, if you have a million or the government is paying for your piece. For the everyday Joe just trying to make ends meet and feels it is important that he is armed, but can't afford to drop $500 for a fancy model of pistol? It is the PERFECT answer. Reliable, best warranty in the business, and affordable enough that your common 9-5 worker can get one. And isn't that the point? More people able to defend themselves, not just the rich or influential people, but those that really need to defend themselves; those that live in the not-so-great neighborhoods that really wouldn't have the money to pay for a Kimber or even a Taurus? Why should they be deprived of the ability to defend themselves?

I saw that video on the Fobus holsters, but since the idiot just stood there and let him take his gun, I can't say I'm convinced. No holster will make a difference if you let the attacker work on it while you do little more than hold his hand while he's doing it.......and the motion doesn't make sense, as the way it is constructed would preclude a downward motion, unless that is a different model than what I have.

Did you read my quote by Roy Innis posted above.

Like I said, they have a place & once ya can afford to replace it do so cuz the G-19 is hands and shoulders above the hi-point any day of the week. Have you ever seen any serious shooter compete in IDPA, IPSC, Bullseye, Three gun or any other match with a high-point???? There is also a reason not a single LE agency in America carries the hi-point.

However, you can purchase 5 hi-point's for the price of my P229R :p:p:p

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Mjolnir, anytime you're in the area andwant to eat your words, let me know and we'll go out to the range....... ;) My $150 Hi Point will shoot just as well as many more expensive ones.

I don't think I would ever buy a Hi-Point. But if itshoots accuratelyand is reliable, then it's difficult to argue against them.

So amatch between a Hi-Point and a "good" gun might settle the matter.

I can't believe that the Hi-Point would shoot better than "many" guns. But a well-designed test would decide the issue. I encourage C365 and Mjolnir to have sucha test.

Too bad it couldn't be a "blind" test. Those Hi-Points are sougly...:p

Mjolnir

imported post

HankT wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
Mjolnir, anytime you're in the area andwant to eat your words, let me know and we'll go out to the range....... ;) My $150 Hi Point will shoot just as well as many more expensive ones.

They also feel like you are holding a 4x4 :p:p:p

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
HankT wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:

They also feel like you are holding a 4x4 :p:p:p

It made me think of picking up one of these, only upside down....

gasjet.jpg