• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally, someone made a decent holster for the HP .45!

Mjolnir

imported post

HankT wrote:
Mjolnir wrote:
HankT wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
Mjolnir, anytime you're in the area andwant to eat your words, let me know and we'll go out to the range....... ;) My $150 Hi Point will shoot just as well as many more expensive ones.

Too bad it couldn't be a "blind" test. Those Hi-Points are sougly...:p
They also feel like you are holding a 4x4 :p:p:p

It made me think of picking up one of these, only upside down....

gasjet.jpg
That's got a better chance of hurting somebody :lol::lol::lol::lol:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
That's got a better chance of hurting somebody :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, if they are reliable and shoot straight, then they are OK. People seem to like them, often a lot.

I can't figure out how they sellthem so cheaply.

Mjolnir

imported post

I'm not a "common 9-5 worker". I'm a common sonofabitch worker with a full time and a part time job working all hours of the clock. Will be working the 2nd job 13 hours tomorrow, on call Sun night & more than likely working the 2nd job again Monday & the full time job the the rest of the week.

I'm not rich, I just have my priorities straight & follow a budget so I can save up for weapons/ammo instead of going out for $2.50 beers at night & taking the family to Applebees 2 or 3 times a week.

I know quite a few LEO's (no I'm not a LEO) and in chatting with em have found out that they take more HiPoints off arrestees than all other guns, combined. That says a lot.

compmanio365

imported post

Good job reading what was actually wrote after shooting your mouth off by posting 5-6 times. Awesome.

So by your logic, because criminals use them to commit crimes, we should eliminate them from the scene? Wow, sounds familiar doesn't it? Sounds like GUN CONTROL to me......someone sounds pretty hypocritical to me. They are at the low end of the spectrum of pricing, and because of that, they will be bought by lots of different people. Including criminals. If they didn't exist and Taurus was the lowest priced handgun you could find.....guess what, people like you would be talking the samelines about Taurus. You just want something to talk crap about.

Look, you don't like them, fine. I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is when people like you want to talk sh** about other people's choices. You like Glock, fine, get a Glock and pay for a Glock. But I've never heard a refutable report of a Hi Point KABOOMing in someone's hands. I certainly have heard of Glocks doing so......even so, if you have one and you have had nothing but good times with it, then great, have fun, good for you for exercising your RKBA. I'm doing the same, but I choose to do it with a Hi Point. The purpose is the same. What purpose drives your vendetta to talk crap about someone else's choice?

Mjolnir

imported post

Actually junior, you never read the quote I posted above now did ya?

Ifin ya had read it and and had understood it then you would know that there is a place for cheap handguns.

You can do what ya want as far as I care, just don't want others to get the idea that a Hipoint is anyting more than a cheap hunk of junk that shoots bullets & is better off as a boat anchor.

So, why is it nobody uses hi points in pistol competition or in Law Enforcement???

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
Like I said, they have a place & once ya can afford to replace it do so cuz the G-19 is hands and shoulders above the hi-point any day of the week.
Yeah, it's place is on his hip! And why would he want to replace a .45 ACP with a 9MM? Just because you own a G-19 dosen't make it the world best firearm. Hell, I own a Glock, and I know there are better pistols available. But guess what? I really like my G-23. And if the day comes when I need to use it, (hopefully never) will it matter to the person on the receiving end how much I paid for it? No. When it comes to the cost of a firearm, do you think it costs Glock any more to manufacture a pistol than it does for Hi-Point? Probably not. Does your Glock have a no questions asked, lifetime warranty? Mine doesn't. You say that a lot of criminals are found with Hi-Points. So why does Glock have the bad rap of being the criminals choice? He obviously is happy with his choice of weapon, so why can't you be happy? If you drove a Lexus, would you flame him for driving a Dodge?

compmanio365

imported post

I'll tell you exactly why:

It's because it's hard to brag to your buddies that you happen to carry a Hi Point instead of that 1500 dollar Kimber that you bought. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's not a "status symbol" for you to tote around. It does it's job, but just isn't as flashy as that other "purdy" piece some other guy who thinks they are high and mighty carries around. I have no such chip on my shoulder and no ego to bruise. And I'm not shooting a fly off a nail at 100 yards without chipping the nail.....nor emptying my magazine in 2 seconds. I have no such need out of this weapon; all I need is tohit theBGinthe center of mass at 30feet or less.Mission accomplished; what I have is a reasonably accurate, totally reliable self defense tool that didn't break my bank or put me into debt. I could buy that and still feel good about myself the next morning. Again I ask, why do you even care? What compels you to evenspew your FUD drivelon the subject?

It's like high school all over again; the kid that happens to buy his stuff at WalMart or the thrift store, because that's all his family could afford, or even just because it works just fine for him, gets by just fine, but people like you think there's something wrong with that and needs to "put others down" for their choice (or not choice, as the case may be). Grow up, become an adult, and stop trying to feel better about your insecurities by belittling others for their perfectly OK choice in products. Until you can show me undeniable proof that by buying a Hi Point firearm that you are placing yourself in danger, killing a kitten, or God knows what else you could come up with, I will keep recommending them to friends and readers of this forum and others. And I think other OWNERS of said product will do the same. Because 99% of us love our Hi Points, and have yet to have a problem with them.

Mjolnir

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Mjolnir wrote:
Like I said, they have a place & once ya can afford to replace it do so cuz the G-19 is hands and shoulders above the hi-point any day of the week.
Yeah, it's place is on his hip! And why would he want to replace a .45 ACP with a 9MM? Just because you own a G-19 dosen't make it the world best firearm. Hell, I own a Glock, and I know there are better pistols available. But guess what? I really like my G-23. And if the day comes when I need to use it, (hopefully never) will it matter to the person on the receiving end how much I paid for it? No. When it comes to the cost of a firearm, do you think it costs Glock any more to manufacture a pistol than it does for Hi-Point? Probably not. Does your Glock have a no questions asked, lifetime warranty? Mine doesn't. You say that a lot of criminals are found with Hi-Points. So why does Glock have the bad rap of being the criminals choice? He obviously is happy with his choice of weapon, so why can't you be happy? If you drove a Lexus, would you flame him for driving a Dodge?
Sorry charlie, my gun of choice is not a glock19 or any glock for that matter, try again :lol::lol::lol:

Mjolnir

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
I'll tell you exactly why:

It's because it's hard to brag to your buddies that you happen to carry a Hi Point instead of that 1500 dollar Kimber that you bought. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's not a "status symbol" for you to tote around. It does it's job, but just isn't as flashy as that other "purdy" piece some other guy who thinks they are high and mighty carries around. I have no such chip on my shoulder and no ego to bruise. And I'm not shooting a fly off a nail at 100 yards without chipping the nail.....nor emptying my magazine in 2 seconds. I have no such need out of this weapon; all I need is tohit theBGinthe center of mass at 30feet or less.Mission accomplished; what I have is a reasonably accurate, totally reliable self defense tool that didn't break my bank or put me into debt. I could buy that and still feel good about myself the next morning. Again I ask, why do you even care? What compels you to evenspew your FUD drivelon the subject?

It's like high school all over again; the kid that happens to buy his stuff at WalMart or the thrift store, because that's all his family could afford, or even just because it works just fine for him, gets by just fine, but people like you think there's something wrong with that and needs to "put others down" for their choice (or not choice, as the case may be). Grow up, become an adult, and stop trying to feel better about your insecurities by belittling others for their perfectly OK choice in products. Until you can show me undeniable proof that by buying a Hi Point firearm that you are placing yourself in danger, killing a kitten, or God knows what else you could come up with, I will keep recommending them to friends and readers of this forum and others. And I think other OWNERS of said product will do the same. Because 99% of us love our Hi Points, and have yet to have a problem with them.
Tad touchey here ain't ya :shock::shock::p:p:p not putting ya down, just saying your choice of weapons leaves quite a bit to be desired & with a few bucks more ya can get a quality handgun at most pawn shops!!

I can only dream about a $1500 Kimber, that's way out of my budget, but pawn shops have some superb deals if ya look & hopefully some day a Kimber will end up in the pawn shops I shop at.

I'll have ya know wallmart if my store of choice, they have cheap ammo & other stuff :cool:

Now I'm going to go sulk, ya hurt my feelings saying such nasty things about me :cry::cry::cry:

MrUgly

imported post

Not that is matters, but I owned a Stallard Arms JS-9. The JS-9 is the direct precursor of the Hi-Point CS-9. Same look, same warranty, same everything. The problems comes around when the company issuing the warranty goes out of business and changes their name. I fumbled my JS-9 one day while holstering it & the grip hit the linoleum floor. The frame broke.

First they were Haskell, then Maverick, then Stallard Arms, and now Hi-Point. All had a "lifetime warranty", unfortunately it was the lifetime of the company.

If you like it, shoot it. Buy more, they are worth what you paid for them.

compmanio365

imported post

I would give Hi Point a call, I have heard multiple people that had the old metal framed pistols from before Hi Point was called that and they actually got upgraded to the polymer frame pistols for nothing as part of the "lifetime warranty". They might be able to help out. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask what they can do for you.