• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Places to shoot

93sr20det

imported post

Anyone have any public/private places they like to shoot?

As of right now I only shoot on private land that belongs to friends.

djwhite1978

imported post

You are allowed to shoot almost anywhere in the Desoto forest that is not designated as a wildlife refuge. Just don't shoot a black bear.

Code:
http://www.wjtv.com/gulfcoastwest/jtv/additional_sections/more_mississippi_news.apx.-content-articles-JTV-2009-01-21-0013.html

Check the Desoto forest website and/or give them a call, they were very helpful.

EviL inside

imported post

I don't know if they still do this, but i used to visit Gulfport PD's pistol-only range occasionally. they are open to the public a couple days a week, 25 yard range only, and you don't have to police your own brass. i think it was like $5 last time i went.

1911Hammer

imported post

I like the Turcotte range in canton. It is on hwy. 43 right at the reservoir. Great place. Has 3 150 yard rifle bays. A fairly nice pistol range with either paper targets or steel. Only requires a WMA permit, no fee for using the range.

Eric Ladnier

imported post

Gulfport no longer does that, you have to go to the range on Espy Avenue in Pass Christian. Just north of the tracks.