• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

should D.C. have gun rights?

gsh341

imported post

Mayor Fenty is appealing the decision of the court to the Supreme Court. If they find (as the lower court did) that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual rightto bear arms and not a collective one, then virtually every gun ban in the US will be rendered unlawful.

I pray I see the day that Washington DC, New York, San Francisco, Chicago and all the other anti-gun cities have to repeal their anti-gun laws.

:celebrate:celebrate

TrueBrit

imported post

gsh341 wrote:
Mayor Fenty is appealing the decision of the court to the Supreme Court. If they find (as the lower court did) that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual rightto bear arms and not a collective one, then virtually every gun ban in the US will be rendered unlawful.

I pray I see the day that Washington DC, New York, San Francisco, Chicago and all the other anti-gun cities have to repeal their anti-gun laws.

:celebrate:celebrate

Thrice Amen to the above, Sir!

Could the REAL reason for D. C. s stringent gun laws be that the scurvy politicians that infest the place live in fear of being righteously smoked by an outraged citizenry?

Noooo, surely not!;)

TrueBrit.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

gsh341 wrote:
...the Supreme Court. If they find (as the lower court did) that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual rightto bear arms and not a collective one, then virtually every gun ban in the US will be rendered unlawful.

Yah, that would be a stunning development. But it could go the other way, too.

It's all based on those commas...

If SCOTUS takes the case, it'll be a:

dice.png

It'll be an exciting deal...

LEO 229

imported post

Excellent ABC video!!

Crime in DC was real bad in DC back in 1976 so they decided the best way to combat it was to ban guns.

But criminals prefer an unarmed public!! So crime was never reduced and as I recall.. it has gone up.

Criminals that want to rob you of your money and this isbreaking the law.... this means they do not care about the law. So obviouslythey will not obey the law banning guns either!!

So honestly... what is the point?? Gun control in DC does nothing but perpetuate the problem.

More guns does not mean more gun crime!!! DC Mayor Fenty is an idiot!!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Agree; the video was very good. I also like the one with Susan Gratia-Hupp's testimony to Congress after her parents were killed in a mass murder. Her firearm was in the car because TX hadn't passed it CC law yet. Seeing that smug asshole Shumer sit there poker faced was really an education in itself. Truly a repulsive human being...

Answer to the Threads question: DC residents HAVE firearm rights! Its simply that their tyrannical government has stripped them of the freedom to exercize their God-given natural rights to self-defense/self-preservation!

I think I've posted this before but here's my favorite Woodrow Wilson quote:

"The history of liberty is the history of limitations placed on the government." (which is what the Bill of Rights is!)

LEO 229

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Agree; the video was very good. I also like the one with Susan Gratia-Hupp's testimony to Congress after her parents were killed in a mass murder. Her firearm was in the car because TX hadn't passed it CC law yet. Seeing that smug asshole Shumer sit there poker faced was really an education in itself. Truly a repulsive human being...

Answer to the Threads question: DC residents HAVE firearm rights! Its simply that their tyrannical government has stripped them of the freedom to exercize their God-given natural rights to self-defense/self-preservation!

I think I've posted this before but here's my favorite Woodrow Wilson quote:

"The history of liberty is the history of limitations placed on the government." (which is what the Bill of Rights is!)

You know..... it really is funny when you think about it.

DC is runningwild with crime and innocent people are being killed and robbed. It is obvious that whatever DC is doing... is having no impact.

It would seem that DC Policeneed to focus on staffing inareas with more crime. Perhaps they need to hire more officers or create undercover enforcement teams to catch those offenders.

But the quick fix is "gun control" because guns kill people!! What they fail to comprehend is that criminals are NOT going to stop carrying a gun. They are committing crimes and need this tool to make it go smoothly.

Even if you get rid of the guns.... you will have criminals using their fists, baseball bats, or knives to get the job done. Now, is there less of a chance of being killed? Maybe... but this is NOT going to stop crime.

Keeping in mind... the DC police cannot catch those committing the armed robberies so how will they even enforce the gun laws?? You have to actually catch a criminal first.

More guns do not lead to more gun crime. That is like saying more cars will lead to more DWI accidents. You have to have more people to drive those extra cars that are willing to drive drunk. Same goes for gun violence.... you need more people willing to be criminals anduse those guns.

Guns do not kill people..... people kill people with anything they can get their hands on.

echo6tango

imported post

From the video, "More guns very simply leads to more violence" -Mayor Fenty. If that's the case, then why does the District conduct the "All Hands on Deck" initiatives flooding the streets with every officer (and yes, each have guns). By the way...the all hands on deck deal may have netted quite a few arrests, but did NOT slow down the robberies and murders. More police on the streets and/or more police in certain areas will not reduce crime in D.C. Let's see, there have been 7 murders in the last 4 days in D.C. and the police have called that "disappointing" as they are doing everything they can, blah, blah, blah.

More laws, more police, more/targeted patrols, etc will not reduce freaking crime in D.C. or anywhere else. D.C. is simply a target (victim) rich environment for thugs preying on unarmed citizens. The D.C. police very recently suggested carrying whistles for protection...WTFO. Would the D.C. police go out on patrol without a firearm...? NO. Would the D.C. police be off-duty without a firearm...? I HIGHLY doubt it.

Should law abiding citizens be provided the same right to self defense that the MANY law enforcement agencies in the District enjoy...? HELL YES.

LEO 229

imported post

echo6tango wrote:
From the video, "More guns very simply leads to more violence" -Mayor Fenty. If that's the case, then why does the District conduct the "All Hands on Deck" initiatives flooding the streets with every officer (and yes, each have guns). By the way...the all hands on deck deal may have netted quite a few arrests, but did NOT slow down the robberies and murders. More police on the streets and/or more police in certain areas will not reduce crime in D.C. Let's see, there have been 7 murders in the last 4 days in D.C. and the police have called that "disappointing" as they are doing everything they can, blah, blah, blah.

More laws, more police, more/targeted patrols, etc will not reduce freaking crime in D.C. or anywhere else. D.C. is simply a target (victim) rich environment for thugs preying on unarmed citizens. The D.C. police very recently suggested carrying whistles for protection...WTFO. Would the D.C. police go out on patrol without a firearm...? NO. Would the D.C. police be off-duty without a firearm...? I HIGHLY doubt it.

Should law abiding citizens be provided the same right to self defense that the MANY law enforcement agencies in the District enjoy...? HELL YES.
Now that you mention it.... that all hands on deck did catch more criminals. So to me, it seems that DC needs to put more cops on the streets.

Crime did not STOP because of it... but they actually did catch some criminals. They need to catch many more.

BTW: Fenty is an idiot!!!

robertnmjr

imported post

i wonder if the high crime rate in DC might have something to do with the low morals of alot of our political leaders and the wanting to turn this country into a dictator run country.

the seems the only people that gets a good defense is the criminals in this country. the allowing of criminals to be able to sue there victims is down right dispicable. the law should not allow a criminal any rights execpt of there basic rights. all other rights should suspented in the comission of a felony and after they are put in jail.

LEO 229

imported post

robertnmjr wrote:
i wonder if the high crime rate in DC might have something to do with the low morals of alot of our political leaders and the wanting to turn this country into a dictator run country.

the seems the only people that gets a good defense is the criminals in this country. the allowing of criminals to be able to sue there victims is down right dispicable. the law should not allow a criminal any rights execpt of there basic rights. all other rights should suspented in the comission of a felony and after they are put in jail.
You cannot say the US is not equal in that respect....

I love the stories about a burglar that falls off the roof and gets arrested. Then sues for his injuries as he boasts that they happened while committing a crime.

God I love this country!! Even criminals can profit from their crime!!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I love the stories about a burglar that falls off the roof and gets arrested. Then sues for his injuries as he boasts that they happened while committing a crime.

Lawyers....too many lawyers...the lawyers are a big part of the problem.

And we all pay for it. We all paid for that burglar's case.

LEO 229

imported post

HankT wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Lawyers....too many lawyers...the lawyers are a big part of the problem.

And we all pay for it. We all paid for that burglar's case.

This is true.

I can see giving a man the best defense.... When he has committed a crime... Ok.

But when it comes to a civil matter.... They have the choice to just refuse to takehis case. But greed comes into play.