Thread: Parking website up!

Post imported post

This is not permanent, just something so people who go there get to look at a web page. Don't take it as the final version or anything.

http://www.nwcdl.com
    http://www.nwcdl.org
    http://www.nwcdl.net

Give it a try!

Post imported post

Good job! Can't wait to see this site chock full of information that we can all rely on.

Post imported post

Nice.....very professional looking.

Post imported post

sweet

State Researcher

Post imported post

gregma,

VERY nice. Well laid out, easy to use, thought through. Now, if you should need help from the Idaho end, I'll do my part. Lemme know if you need something.
    - Idaho

Post imported post

The format is definately not mine! It's HEAVILY borrwed from vcdl. So I can't take any of the credit. I just wanted to get something up quickly so there was something. If we're planning on keeping this structure, then I'll ask vcdl if we can continue to use the format.

Post imported post

Excellent job, gregma!

Feel free to transplant my DO NOT PATRONIZE list from here, as long as it's in its entirety, including the "instructions/rules" at the top.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Very nice looking indeed!

I found one thing needing correction, however. On the Washington Concealed Carry page (http://www.nwcdl.com/waccp.html), under the "Places Where Carrying a firearm is Prohibited" section, you have "Federal Property" where you should have (following the actual text of 18USC § 930) "Federal Facility" (i.e. a building or part of a building.) In other words, it's not prohibited for you to drive up to the Post Office with your concealed pistol and leave it locked and hidden in your car in the P.O. parking lot while you enter the building.

Post imported post

I wasn't going to say anything just yet, but now that the subject's been broached...

kparker wrote:
    under the "Places Where Carrying a firearm is Prohibited" section, you have "Federal Property" where you should have (following the actual text of 18USC § 930) "Federal Facility" (i.e. a building or part of a building.)
    Quoting the relevant parts of 18USC § 930:

(a) Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal facility (other than a Federal court facility), or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

(d) Subsection (a) shall not apply to—

(3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes.
    To me, that says licensed CCW in a federal facility (excluding jails and courthouses, which are covered separately) is not prohibited, as self-defense is a lawful purpose and Washington State law does not prohibit carry in federal facilities (again, excluding jails and courthouses). Similarly, OC where OC is otherwise legal should also not be prohibited by this.

I am, however, not a lawyer, but this is something that could use some research.

This is also way OT for this thread.

Post imported post

John H.,

Are you volunteering to be the test case, then?

Post imported post

kparker wrote:
    Very nice looking indeed!

I found one thing needing correction, however. On the Washington Concealed Carry page (http://www.nwcdl.com/waccp.html), under the "Places Where Carrying a firearm is Prohibited" section, you have "Federal Property" where you should have (following the actual text of 18USC § 930) "Federal Facility" (i.e. a building or part of a building.) In other words, it's not prohibited for you to drive up to the Post Office with your concealed pistol and leave it locked and hidden in your car in the P.O. parking lot while you enter the building.
    Great catch! Change made and published.