• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Parking website up!

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

gregma,

VERY nice. Well laid out, easy to use, thought through. Now, if you should need help from the Idaho end, I'll do my part. Lemme know if you need something.
- Idaho

gregma

imported post

The format is definately not mine! It's HEAVILY borrwed from vcdl. So I can't take any of the credit. I just wanted to get something up quickly so there was something. If we're planning on keeping this structure, then I'll ask vcdl if we can continue to use the format.

just_a_car

imported post

Excellent job, gregma!

Feel free to transplant my DO NOT PATRONIZE list from here, as long as it's in its entirety, including the "instructions/rules" at the top.

kparker

imported post

Very nice looking indeed!

I found one thing needing correction, however. On the Washington Concealed Carry page (http://www.nwcdl.com/waccp.html), under the "[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Places Where Carrying a firearm is Prohibited" section, you have "Federal Property" where you should have (following the actual text of 18USC § 930) "Federal Facility" (i.e. a building or part of a building.) In other words, it's not prohibited for you to drive up to the Post Office with your concealed pistol and leave it locked and hidden in your car in the P.O. parking lot while you enter the building.
[/font]

John Hardin

imported post

I wasn't going to say anything just yet, but now that the subject's been broached...

kparker wrote:
under the "[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Places Where Carrying a firearm is Prohibited" section, you have "Federal Property" where you should have (following the actual text of 18USC § 930) "Federal Facility" (i.e. a building or part of a building.)[/font]
Quoting the relevant parts of 18USC § 930:

(a) Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal facility (other than a Federal court facility), or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

(d) Subsection (a) shall not apply to—

(3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes.
To me, that says licensed CCW in a federal facility (excluding jails and courthouses, which are covered separately) is not prohibited, as self-defense is a lawful purpose and Washington State law does not prohibit carry in federal facilities (again, excluding jails and courthouses). Similarly, OC where OC is otherwise legal should also not be prohibited by this.

I am, however, not a lawyer, but this is something that could use some research.

This is also way OT for this thread. ;)

gregma

imported post

kparker wrote:
Very nice looking indeed!

I found one thing needing correction, however. On the Washington Concealed Carry page (http://www.nwcdl.com/waccp.html), under the "[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Places Where Carrying a firearm is Prohibited" section, you have "Federal Property" where you should have (following the actual text of 18USC § 930) "Federal Facility" (i.e. a building or part of a building.) In other words, it's not prohibited for you to drive up to the Post Office with your concealed pistol and leave it locked and hidden in your car in the P.O. parking lot while you enter the building.
[/font]
Great catch! Change made and published.