Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Ted Nugent Goes Off On Obama And Hillary!

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    One of these ought to work...

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=757_1187963465

    http://cdn-50.liveleak.com/liveleak/...11049-c533.flv

    Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

  2. #2
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Doug Huffman wrote: What's your take on the Nugent bit, Doug?

  3. #3
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844

    Post imported post

    funny, howeverdoesn't .

    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    Moot.

    Sales of personality and promotion of personalies is involved with the 'decline.' By analogy, perhaps orthogonal to the M. Vick situation, not opposite but similar.

    Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    He did a similar bit at the concert I was at earlier in the summer at Penn's Peak, directed at Hillary and King Edward. I at least was amused by it...

  6. #6
    State Researcher lockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Elgin, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,202

    Post imported post

    I just wish the Nuge would tell us how he really feels!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    The Rosie O of the NRA.

    I want to agree with the guy some of the time, and other times I just wish he'd **** and grow some class.

    That said, it is kind of entertaining to watch, once you get past the being embarrassed part.

  8. #8
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    The Rosie O of the NRA.

    I want to agree with the guy some of the time, and other times I just wish he'd **** and grow some class.

    That said, it is kind of entertaining to watch, once you get past the being embarrassed part.

    At first blush, I thought the Rosie O comparison was too much, considering how despicable she is as an anti-gun/rights entity. And how stupid, utterly stupid, she is.

    Ted Nugent has always seemed to be a guy with some snap and a ton of commitment to gun rights, hunting, self-sufficiency,and patriotism. Sure, he is a hyper-gregarious lout but he said a lot of things I believed in. In researching this latest story a little bit, I came across some other stuff he says (about race) and of course there is the effect of his behavior onstage in the concert video that started off this thread. I think, overall, that he goofed badly. His language, his props, and his staging for a national audience will hurt gun rights for a) "assault rifles" (of which I own one), and b) gun rights in general.

    Here is alink with a tersecritique of his actions and a segment of a Sean Hannity show last week. I have to agree that Hannity sounded like a fool in defending his "friend." You can view the video and decide for yourself.


    http://www.newshounds.us/2007/08/24/...ted_nugent.php

    So, I like the Rosie O comparison but not "Rosie O of the NRA."

    I think he is the Rosie O of gun owners/rights advocates (in general).

    If I were on the NRA board, I'd vote for the Nuge's resignation immediately. He went wayyyyyy overboard. And I think he had an adverse impact on my gun rights.

    What I haven't seen the press cover yet (and there really has been very little coverage of the Nugent/Obama/Clinton/Boxer video) is whether ole Nuge is in jeopardy of getting investigated or charged by the SS for threatening a couple of presidential candidates. I don't hear a specific verbal threat in Nugent's words, of cocurse. But could his overall presentation, including all the components, be construed as a "threat" under the applicable statute?

    I don't know. But, in a way, I hope so. Because, otherwise, he's liable to do it again.

    I think thatole Nuge should just shut up and sing. Would be better for all gun owners if he did that...



  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    From what I see, he isn't threatening anyone. I believe his is inviting certain politicians to engage in intercourse on his phallic Class III weapons. The video clip is also taken somewhat out of context...

    And, while Ted Nugent's stage antics can be a bit... over-the-top, don't gun owners deserve someone to rally around? When all the other celebrities are going off about how guns are evil, in front of huge crowds of antis, it's a little difficult to get enthusiastic when the pinnicle of excitement for our cause is when a state's attorney general annouces a new reciprocity agreement in a press release.

  10. #10
    Newbie Deacon Blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    123

    Post imported post

    imperialism2024 wrote:
    And, while Ted Nugent's stage antics can be a bit... over-the-top, don't gun owners deserve someone to rally around? When all the other celebrities are going off about how guns are evil, in front of huge crowds of antis, it's a little difficult to get enthusiastic when the pinnicle of excitement for our cause is when a state's attorney general annouces a new reciprocity agreement in a press release.
    I think it would do far more for our cause to denounce him outright. He does not need to be the spokesperson for the 2nd Amendment.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    392

    Post imported post

    Deacon Blues wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:
    And, while Ted Nugent's stage antics can be a bit... over-the-top, don't gun owners deserve someone to rally around? When all the other celebrities are going off about how guns are evil, in front of huge crowds of antis, it's a little difficult to get enthusiastic when the pinnicle of excitement for our cause is when a state's attorney general annouces a new reciprocity agreement in a press release.
    I think it would do far more for our cause to denounce him outright. He does not need to be the spokesperson for the 2nd Amendment.
    NO...please do NOT consider denouncing him. When 'we' do such a thing, 'we' allow anti-gunners' feelings to rule whom 'we' put forward or choose to associate with. <- And that would be a mistake of rather large proportions;

    Better to ALSO place someone of like appeal and less "over-the-top" type antics *along side* of Ted. Afterall *WE* are all in this together and it is a mistake to pick and choose whom 'we' will associate with.

    Or put another way, when we dismiss our like minded friends, when will we be best put to stop doing so ? When someone disagrees with me, or you ? Are the guns I keep more appropriate than yours ? Is the state you live in better than mine ? Etc...and ad nauseum until we all are left out and without our guns.

    'I' simply will not allow the reactions of hoplophobes to Ted to be the reason why I dismiss him. <- It simply revards the wrong kind of behavior.

  12. #12
    Newbie Deacon Blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    123

    Post imported post

    para_org wrote:
    Or put another way, when we dismiss our like minded friends, when will we be best put to stop doing so ? When someone disagrees with me, or you ? Are the guns I keep more appropriate than yours ? Is the state you live in better than mine ? Etc...and ad nauseum until we all are left out and without our guns.
    I think you misunderstand my position. Ted Nugent is not a like-minded friend. Fidel Castro may like the same pizza toppings that I do, but that does not make him like-minded, not to mention a friend. Dismissing my principles in order to gain an ally in another matter is not acceptable to me. I guess it all depends on what is more important to you. I would much rather be characterized as a polite, civilized, God-fearing, reasonable man than a tasteless, obscene, raving lunatic.

    I don't care what state you live in, what guns you own, etc., but I do care about your character. Mr. Nugent, it seems, has none left.

  13. #13
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,441

    Post imported post

    Deacon Blues wrote:
    I don't care what state you live in, what guns you own, etc., but I do care about your character. Mr. Nugent, it seems, has none left.
    He would probably say you are lacking in a few qualitative traits as well for your kissing up to the enemy... so?

    Burn him at the stake?

    I think you've lost sight of who the enemy is and who is not.


    class="text3"
    "We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." ~Ben Franklin

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    227

    Post imported post

    It wouldn't be a Ted Nugent show if it wasn't over the top. People attending the show know that going in.I thoughtthat mostwould be able to understand that. People tend to get hung up too much on what others say or do.You can't always worry about offending this one and that one and the other, tip-toeing your way through life.While I may not agree with him on all issues, we are all in this together. I am for one am glad that Ted is on our side.

  15. #15
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,441

    Post imported post

    Forty-five wrote:
    ...While I may not agree with him on all issues, we are all in this together. I am for one am glad that Ted is on our side.
    Amen to that!


  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Glad to see this topic is lively again...

    But really, we need some enthusiasm for our cause. For decades, gun owners have sat around, being "polite, civilized, God-fearing, reasonable" men, and what has that accomplished? Widespread ignorance of firearms laws, no substantial legislative gains, and a reliance on legal loopholes and gray areas just to exercise our constitutional rights. What Ted brings is energy to the movement. He is invigorating passive gun owners to action againt the overwhelming pressure from the anti's to disarm America.

    On another note regarding Ted, while he may not be the most passive gun-rights activist at his concerts, as it has been mentioned, he is there to entertain. However, he frequently appears in interviews as a very reasonable, very logical, and very well-spoken proponent of gun rights. And on top of that, not only does he promote the 2nd amendment merely in terms of how it relates to hunting, like the NRA, but he cares equally about ensuring the right to self defense via firearms, a branch of our cause that is often ignored by the powerful.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    Agent19 wrote:
    I personally thinks it's funny, howeverIdon't seehow this will help our cause.

    Just more ammo for anti's.
    Quoted for truthiness. I unfortunately can't see how this could possibly be helpful.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    imperialism2024 wrote:
    Glad to see this topic is lively again...

    But really, we need some enthusiasm for our cause. For decades, gun owners have sat around, being "polite, civilized, God-fearing, reasonable" men, and what has that accomplished? Widespread ignorance of firearms laws, no substantial legislative gains, and a reliance on legal loopholes and gray areas just to exercise our constitutional rights. What Ted brings is energy to the movement. He is invigorating passive gun owners to action againt the overwhelming pressure from the anti's to disarm America.

    On another note regarding Ted, while he may not be the most passive gun-rights activist at his concerts, as it has been mentioned, he is there to entertain. However, he frequently appears in interviews as a very reasonable, very logical, and very well-spoken proponent of gun rights. And on top of that, not only does he promote the 2nd amendment merely in terms of how it relates to hunting, like the NRA, but he cares equally about ensuring the right to self defense via firearms, a branch of our cause that is often ignored by the powerful.
    Very well put.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  19. #19
    Newbie Deacon Blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    123

    Post imported post

    I'm really surprised by some of the responses I've read. I'm being accused of kissing up to the enemy (???), people are saying that it doesn't matter who represents us, and that we should abandon politeness and respectability in favor of whatever gets attention.

    I should mention that I have never thought Ted Nugent was a good representative for our cause. This incident has not pushed me in either direction. I will agree that he speaks good sense in interviews; even my grandfather (whose picture is in the dictionary next to ultra-conservative) agrees. But if Ted wants to represent us, he's got to maintain some trace of dignity. I don't see any way that he can keep his stage persona and act as spokesman for our cause. If someone points to his stage antics and asks me, "is that what you're about?", I either say no or give, at length, a qualified yes. If I had children, I would be even more reluctant to let them think I approved of his behavior. With the exception of his pro-2A stance, Ted does not exemplify my values.

    Frequently, I see people in this forum suggest that we OC in slacks and polo shirts in order to smooth out our collective image. I just don't see how we can be Dapper Dan and have Ted Nugent in our corner at the same time.

    I never suggested that Mr. Nugent misrepesented himself. However, he most assuredly misrepresented some of us.

    Forty-five wrote:
    People tend to get hung up too much on what others say or do.
    I'm sorry, but what else is there?

  20. #20
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Deacon Blues wrote:
    I never suggested that Mr. Nugent misrepesented himself. However, he most assuredly misrepresented some of us.

    Forty-five wrote:
    People tend to get hung up too much on what others say or do.
    I'm sorry, but what else is there?

    True. What else is there? What a person says and does is exactly what should be scrutinzed for validity, worth and over-the-top-ness.

    Nugent, who I've always liked up to now, is an engaging 2A-advocating, hunting enthusiast, rock n rollmaniac. He is an interesting guy and is a lot of fun. But his performance for the national audience (not for his fans actually at his concert) with the guns and with the veiled-semi-almost-nudge-nudge-cutesy threats went wayyyy over the line. And he and we will pay a price for his antics, words and images that night.

    Ted Nugent doesn't represent me nor is he good for my gun rights. Now, he's just a thug with a mike on stage with some ARs and really bad judgment.

    I don't trust, or rely upon, anyone with both guns and really bad judgment. He's damaged goods now.




  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    Then again, any of you looking at ENTERTAINERS as political figureheads are just as nutty as any Anti-2A left-wing wacko.

    Nugent is just that, an entertainer.

    On the other half of this discussion, name a public figure that's been outspokenly pro-RKBA in the last few years.

    The NRA is still riding Heston's cold, dead coat-tails as they sit there and allow the grabber crowd to use slippery-slope tactics.

    Why? Because liberals know a little bit at a time works.

    It worked with the pseudo-assault weapons ban, it's still working with smoking, and casual observation will show where a thousand tiny cuts are killing the giant that is the greatness of this country.

    It's great for people to say what someone else shouldn't do, but when was the last time you were proactive? When was the last time you taught someone the joy of becoming proficient with a weapon?

    and whine all you want, but it's PAINFULLY obvious that being nice and respectable doesn't work with some of these moonbat nut-jobs.

    Sometimes, you have to call an idiot and idiot, and do it to their face.

    And for the record, this message is ESPECIALLY directed at those one or two of you that tried to get on my case for poking fun at Paul Fraim of Norfolk.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  22. #22
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    AbNo wrote:
    And for the record, this message is ESPECIALLY directed at those one or two of you that tried to get on my case for poking fun at Paul Fraim of Norfolk.
    Names. We want the names of those objects of your ire...

  23. #23
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,441

    Post imported post

    Deacon Blues wrote:
    I'm really surprised by some of the responses I've read.
    Really? This is OPEN CARRY .org after all. Not exactly your typical roll-over type gun owners...
    What board did you think you were on? RKBA, most of the time, but maybe not .ORG? Maybe even Glcoktalk.com? -lol

    Silliness asside.
    Understand this. Burning Onkle Ted at the stake will be FAR more beneficial to the anti's than defending one of our own (even if you have to to suck up your pride if you don't agree with him on everything) for statements you feel too in your face would be.

    Bet your arse on that one.




  24. #24
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Pa. Patriot wrote:
    Silliness asside.
    Understand this. Burning Onkle Ted at the stake will be FAR more beneficial to the anti's than defending one of our own (even if you have to to suck up your pride if you don't agree with him on everything) for statements you feel too in your face would be.

    Bet your arse on that one.
    Nah. No one wants to burn ole Teddy at the stake. Just to have him shut up and sing.

    Besides, it wouldn't benefit the antis at all to "burn him at the stake."

    His doltish tirade is done. It's in the can. To be used at will by the antis and the next Democratic president and congress, whenever that is.

    Uncle Ted screwed up big time. And even the Kool Aid drinkers can only offer lukewarm defenses.

    I own one AR and I'd like to keep it. And buy more. The Nuge has tried very hard to make that more uncertain.

    If he's still on the NRA board, he should resign. Or they should can him.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    Hardly, Hank.

    I point to my post at the top of this page, and state that it be read again in light of your typical passive dismissal.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •