Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aug 28 anti gun protest information

Post imported post

Looks like events and protests are being staged all across the country. Anyone planning on meeting them face to face for some counter protesting? Make sure to bring a camera and record the events for youtube! The anti's hate cameras more than they hate gun, it's like RAID for cockroaches!

http://www.bradycampaign.org/action/trafficking/aug28/

Post imported post

I clicked on the Brady site (my first time) and now I feel like I need a shower :X.

Post imported post

Some interesting events:

Among the activities on the 28th will be

The lie-ins willget some press, probably. Those are pretty well-designedprotest events.

Hmm, they seem to be careful (reluctant) to do protests at gun stores...that would seem like such an obvioustarget...

Post imported post

I hope you've all heard of the movement to buy ammo and whatnot that day. It'd be nice if we could show that at least one box of ammo was purchased per Brady protester.

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2007/0...st-on-aug.html

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    I clicked on the Brady site (my first time) and now I feel like I need a shower :X.
    Really? I look at the site from time to time to stay current. "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." But yeah, I totally agree about the needing a shower part, I usually have nightmares too.

Post imported post

I'll have to pass this onto my Protest Warrior buddies.

Might have to just start walking on top of the lie-ins. :celebrate
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

double post

Post imported post

Stand off to the side of the lie-ins with a big sign that says, "This is what happens to you when you cannot defend yourself!" and an arrow pointing at the prostrate antis.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Stand off to the side of the lie-ins with a big sign that says, "This is what happens to you when you cannot defend yourself!" and an arrow pointing at the prostrate antis.
    !!!!! Even better...

Post imported post

What an excellent idea .

Tomahawk wrote:

West of Winchester Va, and Baltimore City

Post imported post

I Clicked on Nakedshoplifter’s Brady Link. The first of their Graphics talks about the 77k gun dealers in the US. If the anti-gun VPC has the count at 50K. How'd the “bunch” squeeze out another 27,000 dealers. Hmmm.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Now THAT would make a profound statement! I love it!

Post imported post

Why not hold an open carry demonstration at the same time and place. Who would get more press, a bunch of idiots carrying signs or a group of law abiding citizens carrying guns and no one getting hurt in the process?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Nah, can't. Gotta work, then head for Guns & Ammo Warehouse in Manassas to buy:
    - My new gun (Bersa Thunder .45)
    - Magazines for my Thunder .40, my Thunder9, and my new Thunder .45 - whatever of these they were able to obtain
    - Ammo
    - Whatever gun my husband decides to buy that day
    - Holster for the .45
    - Possibly a shoulder holster for the .9mm
    - Possibly a shoulder holster for my 1911

Can you tell I've been waiting and saving for a while?

I have decided I will write Jackson afterward and congratulate him on the effect his protest had on our local economy.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Shame on you Tess. JJ will roll in his sleep over this!

Post imported post

Any way to tell where other protests are being held? I would be interested to know if there are any in my area to go visit Oc'ing.

Post imported post

(For some reason I can't start typing a reply without inserting an emoticon first, then I can't delet the emoticon)

I am going to try to be at the Richmond California Lie-in, with the sign Tomohawk suggested, and possibly a couple other (e.g. Criminals prefer unarmed victims; Guns kill people like spoons make Rosie O'donald fat(not sure yet about that one); Cars are more dangerous than guns, if you drove here your a hipocrite.) Any other suggestions? They can't be too long you want them to be able to be read from a distance. Obviously I can only hold two at a time, but if I put them on long 1x1s I can put two posters on each stick, so I get 4 total.

Anyways, anyone else plan on being at the Richmond, CA one? I would enjoy the company. I just gotta find out if I can get someone to take notes for me tomorrow, as I would have to miss two classes for this.

Show up if you can I can use the support, as well as the extra knowledge if I'm confronted.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

stingray4540 wrote:
    (For some reason I can't start typing a reply without inserting an emoticon first, then I can't delet the emoticon)

I am going to try to be at the Richmond California Lie-in, with the sign Tomohawk suggested, and possibly a couple other (e.g. Criminals prefer unarmed victims; Guns kill people like spoons make Rosie O'donald fat(not sure yet about that one); Cars are more dangerous than guns, if you drove here your a hipocrite.) Any other suggestions? They can't be too long you want them to be able to be read from a distance. Obviously I can only hold two at a time, but if I put them on long 1x1s I can put two posters on each stick, so I get 4 total.

Anyways, anyone else plan on being at the Richmond, CA one? I would enjoy the company. I just gotta find out if I can get someone to take notes for me tomorrow, as I would have to miss two classes for this.

Show up if you can I can use the support, as well as the extra knowledge if I'm confronted.
    You might try "Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage" - leave the personalities out of it while still getting the point across (and not disparaging fat people, much as I hate to put myself in a category with O'Donnell).

And check spelling carefully. Incorrect spelling and misplaced apostrophes, while common errors, are highly prized by the anti-biased press ("you're a hypocrite" is the correct spelling.)

The one on my car says "It is your duty as an American to own a gun and know how to use it."
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Thanks for the suggestion. I like the flies better, that way it makes it a little less personal. Oh, and don't worry, I'm not exactly thin either. Obviously my spelling would be correct, but on forums, I don't spend the extra time to worry about spelling, as long as what I'm saying makes sense.

Post imported post

You want signs?

Here's a nice one. I have it as a shirt already.
    http://www.protestwarrior.com/new_signs.php?sign=47

Post imported post

http://www.nbc4.com/news/13990536/de...=headlineclick

The gun shop in Maryland that they're protesting is Realco Guns, 6108 Marlboro Pike, Forestville, MD.

I've suddenly gotten the urgeto buy some ammo today:P. Hopefully JJ's there.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Thanks for the suggestion. ...as long as what I'm saying makes sense.
    Making sense of a sledgehammer assertion is not too difficult and 'your' and 'you're' can be differentiated by context. Making sense of a subtle scalpel-like opinion escapes many even when its exposition is carefully crafted. Opinions are like other things that all stink, their only value lies in the effort in their development and exposition.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

Post imported post

Huh? Can you say that in layman's terms? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    I really, REALLY want to do this, but there's no way I can make it to their Seattle protest location by 6pm.

Post imported post

Already been to one shop today but their ammo is overpriced and they didn't have the holster or magazin carrier I was looking for... Next stop Wal-Mart... then Bob's for the Mag carrier...

I should stop by the bank and get a bunch of ones so I can pay with bills that have the 2nd Amendment written on them... but I wouldn't do that, since defacing money is illegal, and I wouldn't want JJ or Sarah to be able to say gun ownersare graffitti artists...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast