• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aug 28 anti gun protest information

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Thanks for the suggestion. ...as long as what I'm saying makes sense.

Making sense of a sledgehammer assertion is not too difficult and 'your' and 'you're' can be differentiated by context. Making sense of a subtle scalpel-like opinion escapes many even when its exposition is carefully crafted. Opinions are like other things that all stink, their only value lies in the effort in their development and exposition.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

stingray4540

imported post

Huh? Can you say that in layman's terms? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Cue-Ball

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Stand off to the side of the lie-ins with a big sign that says, "This is what happens to you when you cannot defend yourself!" and an arrow pointing at the prostrate antis.
I really, REALLY want to do this, but there's no way I can make it to their Seattle protest location by 6pm.

tapper95

imported post

Already been to one shop today but their ammo is overpriced and they didn't have the holster or magazin carrier I was looking for... Next stop Wal-Mart... then Bob's for the Mag carrier...

I should stop by the bank and get a bunch of ones so I can pay with bills that have the 2nd Amendment written on them... but I wouldn't do that, since defacing money is illegal, and I wouldn't want JJ or Sarah to be able to say gun ownersare graffitti artists...

stingray4540

imported post

Well, I went, and used the "This is what happens to you when you can't defend yourself" sign. Didn't have time to make any others.

Well, apparently the lie in is only a minute or so long, I missed it, but they did have people talking for a good hour and others standing there with signs like '30,000 people killed by guns in California/or the Us', '7 people killed by guns since 200? at Contra Costa College', etc. So I just sat at the edge with the sign pointing to there signs and the speakers.

It was relatively uneventful. The Chanel 5 eyewitness news was there, and the lady came over and started talking to me, then asked if she could get her microphone. I agreed, and she interviewed me. Not sure if I will make it on the news or not, I'll have to watch tonight, but if I do, I hope I didn't make a fool of myself, or they don't make me look like an idiot. I'm not to good at talking to people and thinking on my feet.

Anyways, I think I got the point across, but there was only like five people there listening to them, other than the speakers and news people. The campus was crawling with students, but not too many seemed to care, good.

Cue-Ball

imported post

Great job! Thanks for showing up and representing those of us who weren't able to attend the protests in our respective areas.

If you make it on to the news, make sure to post the segment on YouTube.

stingray4540

imported post

Well, if I don't sound like a moron, and if it is put on the internet, by Chanel 5, then I might ask someone for help on how to put it on this forum and possibly youtube. Hopefully if it airs, it will be available on there website as well.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

stingray4540 wrote:
Well, I went, and used the "This is what happens to you when you can't defend yourself" sign. Didn't have time to make any others.

Well, apparently the lie in is only a minute or so long, I missed it, but they did have people talking for a good hour and others standing there with signs like '30,000 people killed by guns in California/or the Us', '7 people killed by guns since 200? at Contra Costa College', etc. So I just sat at the edge with the sign pointing to there signs and the speakers.

It was relatively uneventful. The Chanel 5 eyewitness news was there, and the lady came over and started talking to me, then asked if she could get her microphone. I agreed, and she interviewed me. Not sure if I will make it on the news or not, I'll have to watch tonight, but if I do, I hope I didn't make a fool of myself, or they don't make me look like an idiot. I'm not to good at talking to people and thinking on my feet.

Anyways, I think I got the point across, but there was only like five people there listening to them, other than the speakers and news people. The campus was crawling with students, but not too many seemed to care, good.

THANK YOU Stingray. I spent money today, but that was all I was able to contribute. I'd have preferred to do more.

GREAT JOB. You bring out an important point -the antis are having a very difficult time getting people to listen to them lately.

These lie-ins tend not to be very effective for one reason - they claim they'll lie down as long as it takes someone to buy a gun. In Virginia, they spent less than 5 minutes on the ground soon after the VT massacre, not recalling the gunman in that episode, subject to our "one gun a month" laws, waited over 30 days to purchase his second. If they REALLY wanted to do something showy, they'd lie in for 30 days.

Hope you get to post the interview.

stingray4540

imported post

Ok, the protest was on the 6 o'clock news, and has been put on there website. I did end up sounding like a bumbling idiot, but oh well, I never claimed not to be. I was surprised, that the news station themselves did a little research and made a point on our behalf. All in all it wasn't too bad.

Here's the link:
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=26282@kpix.dayport.com

The lady in the black that was talking to me at the end was trying to get me to say I want all the babies in America to have guns and shoot each other with them, or something. I didn't know they were even taping that conversation, as it was after the interview. I guess I must not of said what she wanted me to say, because she walked off after she thought she made some point about the NRA, which was odd, because I never claimed to be with the NRA, or even support them.

imperialism2024

imported post

stingray4540 wrote:
Ok, the protest was on the 6 o'clock news, and has been put on there website. I did end up sounding like a bumbling idiot, but oh well, I never claimed not to be. I was surprised, that the news station themselves did a little research and made a point on our behalf. All in all it wasn't too bad.

Here's the link:

The lady in the black that was talking to me at the end was trying to get me to say I want all the babies in America to have guns and shoot each other with them, or something. I didn't know they were even taping that conversation, as it was after the interview. I guess I must not of said what she wanted me to say, because she walked off after she thought she made some point about the NRA, which was odd, because I never claimed to be with the NRA, or even support them.

I thought you handled yourself quite well, especially given the sickeningly anti-gun nature of the entire news story.

It greatly saddened me, though, when they interviewed the woman who was assaulted years ago, and used to carry a gun, but no longer does because she bought into the anti-gun crowd's misinformation about the mere existance of guns begetting other violence. It's pathetic that some people allow their beliefs to be so radically altered by lies.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

stingray4540 wrote:

Here's the link:

I don't think you sounded like an idiot at all. I think you made your point clearly. I wish there had been more people with you, but you stood out clearly by being alone.

So I got to thinking about 417 (that is the number, right?) How about telling a politician or three that microstamping of the casing really won't help, because first it's not the casing that hurts people, and second, a bad guy could easily police the brass.

:idea: We need to convince them they'd have to stamp the BULLET. Given how much most of them know about guns, they'd probably say "yeah, that's right". And we know what a bullet looks like after it impacts something. Those numbers would be oh, so legible, right? :lol:

unrequited

imported post

stingray4540 wrote:
I did end up sounding like a bumbling idiot, but oh well, I never claimed not to be.
NO way at all! You sounded coherent and logical. Good show, and I'm sure your words have made at least one person question things besides just seeing people lay down on the street and go, "They're right, let's ban all guns so this doesn't happen again." Bravo.

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Stingray,

I watched the news blurb and you did great.

The thing that stood out most to me was the oh-so familiar laying of blame onto Nevada for California's "gun problem." Shame on you Nevada, you evil non-microstamping fiends!

swift

imported post

You know, something that stands out to me is the fact that Jackson & the so-called Million Moms (not even a Million members, much less a Million Moms), & the Brady bunch all decided to make this so-called "nation wide" event take place on that date in memory of Martin Luther King Jr's speech. I think Martin would be rolling over in his grave to see his name used in a protest AGAINST civil rights, since he fought to gain civil rights for all people. He had a handgun in his pocket for his own self defense, and surrounded himself with armed Deacons for his protection.

It's also interesting to note that the reason for the birth of gun regulations was to prevent African Americans from having guns, as gun ownership by African Americans made it dangerous for members of the KKK to do their raids. Some states even still require pre-purchase permission from the local sherif in order to buy a gun - those laws were written a long time ago with the intent of preventing African Americans from being able to buy guns.

Martin Luther King Jr would definately be rolling over in his grave to see the disgraceful attack on our nations 2nd amendment civil rights by Jackson & his peers all in Martin's name.

Legba

imported post

Yeah, I always found itironic that Jackson was the only unarmed guy at the motel in Memphis when King got shot. Maybe if he spent as much time studying counter-sniper tactics as siring bastard children, his hero would still be alive. Just a thought...

-ljp

swift

imported post

Stingray, thanks for sharing the video. It really brought home to me how sad the situation is in California when the reporter said that you were a "licensed gun owner" - how sad is that? Where in the 2nd amendment does it say only licensed people can own guns? What part of "infringe" don't legislators & lower courts understand?

I presume they were asking if you were armed so that they could call the police on you, since it is probably illegal there. The laws are really messed up when people go to jail just for "bearing" a weapon, yet some kid who beats someone to within an inch of their life without a gun only goes to jail for 4 months plus a few years of probation.

Next it will be illegal to carry a baseball bat unless you have a license to own one, and are on the way to or from a baseball game, because there are people who die every year from being clubbed over the head with a baseball bat. At least baseball bat ownership is not protected in the bill of rights, unlike gun ownership.