• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aug 28 anti gun protest information

IanB

imported post

Looks like events and protests are being staged all across the country. Anyone planning on meeting them face to face for some counter protesting? Make sure to bring a camera and record the events for youtube! The anti's hate cameras more than they hate gun, it's like RAID for cockroaches!

http://www.bradycampaign.org/action/trafficking/aug28/

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Some interesting events:

Among the activities on the 28th will be

The lie-ins willget some press, probably. Those are pretty well-designedprotest events.

Hmm, they seem to be careful (reluctant) to do protests at gun stores...that would seem like such an obvioustarget...

Narcisist

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
I clicked on the Brady site (my first time) and now I feel like I need a shower :X.
Really? I look at the site from time to time to stay current. "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." But yeah, I totally agree about the needing a shower part, I usually have nightmares too.

Tomahawk

imported post

Stand off to the side of the lie-ins with a big sign that says, "This is what happens to you when you cannot defend yourself!" and an arrow pointing at the prostrate antis.

AbNo

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Stand off to the side of the lie-ins with a big sign that says, "This is what happens to you when you cannot defend yourself!" and an arrow pointing at the prostrate antis.

!!!!! Even better...

ptmmatssc

imported post

What an excellent idea .

Tomahawk wrote:

MD_Tim

West of Winchester Va, and Baltimore City
imported post

I Clicked on Nakedshoplifter’s Brady Link. The first of their Graphics talks about the 77k gun dealers in the US. If the anti-gun VPC has the count at 50K. How'd the “bunch” squeeze out another 27,000 dealers. Hmmm.

gregma

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Now THAT would make a profound statement! I love it!

DogHouse

imported post

Why not hold an open carry demonstration at the same time and place. Who would get more press, a bunch of idiots carrying signs or a group of law abiding citizens carrying guns and no one getting hurt in the process?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Nah, can't. Gotta work, then head for Guns & Ammo Warehouse in Manassas to buy:
- My new gun (Bersa Thunder .45)
- Magazines for my Thunder .40, my Thunder9, and my new Thunder .45 - whatever of these they were able to obtain
- Ammo
- Whatever gun my husband decides to buy that day
- Holster for the .45
- Possibly a shoulder holster for the .9mm
- Possibly a shoulder holster for my 1911

Can you tell I've been waiting and saving for a while?

I have decided I will write Jackson afterward and congratulate him on the effect his protest had on our local economy.

ralphb72

imported post

Any way to tell where other protests are being held? I would be interested to know if there are any in my area to go visit Oc'ing.

stingray4540

imported post

(For some reason I can't start typing a reply without inserting an emoticon first, then I can't delet the emoticon)

I am going to try to be at the Richmond California Lie-in, with the sign Tomohawk suggested, and possibly a couple other (e.g. Criminals prefer unarmed victims; Guns kill people like spoons make Rosie O'donald fat(not sure yet about that one); Cars are more dangerous than guns, if you drove here your a hipocrite.) Any other suggestions? They can't be too long you want them to be able to be read from a distance. Obviously I can only hold two at a time, but if I put them on long 1x1s I can put two posters on each stick, so I get 4 total.

Anyways, anyone else plan on being at the Richmond, CA one? I would enjoy the company. I just gotta find out if I can get someone to take notes for me tomorrow, as I would have to miss two classes for this.

Show up if you can I can use the support, as well as the extra knowledge if I'm confronted.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

stingray4540 wrote:
(For some reason I can't start typing a reply without inserting an emoticon first, then I can't delet the emoticon)

I am going to try to be at the Richmond California Lie-in, with the sign Tomohawk suggested, and possibly a couple other (e.g. Criminals prefer unarmed victims; Guns kill people like spoons make Rosie O'donald fat(not sure yet about that one); Cars are more dangerous than guns, if you drove here your a hipocrite.) Any other suggestions? They can't be too long you want them to be able to be read from a distance. Obviously I can only hold two at a time, but if I put them on long 1x1s I can put two posters on each stick, so I get 4 total.

Anyways, anyone else plan on being at the Richmond, CA one? I would enjoy the company. I just gotta find out if I can get someone to take notes for me tomorrow, as I would have to miss two classes for this.

Show up if you can I can use the support, as well as the extra knowledge if I'm confronted.

You might try "Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage" - leave the personalities out of it while still getting the point across (and not disparaging fat people, much as I hate to put myself in a category with O'Donnell).

And check spelling carefully. Incorrect spelling and misplaced apostrophes, while common errors, are highly prized by the anti-biased press ("you're a hypocrite" is the correct spelling.)

The one on my car says "It is your duty as an American to own a gun and know how to use it."

stingray4540

imported post

Thanks for the suggestion. I like the flies better, that way it makes it a little less personal. Oh, and don't worry, I'm not exactly thin either. Obviously my spelling would be correct, but on forums, I don't spend the extra time to worry about spelling, as long as what I'm saying makes sense.