Thread: Insurance?

Post imported post

While looking up some information about the upcoming Harrisburg, I was on the website for Mid Atlantic Arms Collectors (http://www.maacpsse.com/maac.html), and found the following paragraph:

"
    If you have a carry permit or are an off duty police officer from a municipality outside the jurisdiction of the show, be aware that you are personally responsible for your actions and if you insist on carrying a loaded firearm you must show proof of insurance to cover your actions. Our insurer will not allow loaded weapons in any of the show halls."

What kind of insurance are they talking about? Regardless of the wording that makes it sound like anyone carrying a gun is going to spray crowds of people with bullets, I can understand an insurer's banning guns, but are they expecting people to carrying personal insurance or something?

Post imported post

more than likely it's just Personal Liability Insurance.

Post imported post

Isn't that WHYI carry? Insurance of MY personal safety? Would they be satisfied if I told them thatI am insured by Smith&Wesson.......

Post imported post

chesire17201 wrote:
    Isn't that WHYI carry? Insurance of MY personal safety? Would they be satisfied if I told them thatI am insured by Smith&Wesson.......
    15 rounds can save your life for 15 years or longer...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

It sounds like a measured way of the promoter disclaiming responsibility. Actually kind of thoughful, if you ask me.

There is at least one gun show promoter here in Virginia that makes you show clear and then puts a plastic seal through the action or cylinder when you walk in.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Skuggi wrote:
    more than likely it's just Personal Liability Insurance.
    You're probably right. It sure sounds like that's what they're referring to.

Idon't see any problem in the show prohibiting "loaded guns." Their insurance and its costare important factors in the presentation of the show.