• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Insurance?

imperialism2024

imported post

While looking up some information about the upcoming Harrisburg, I was on the website for Mid Atlantic Arms Collectors (http://www.maacpsse.com/maac.html), and found the following paragraph:

"
If you have a carry permit or are an off duty police officer from a municipality outside the jurisdiction of the show, be aware that you are personally responsible for your actions and if you insist on carrying a loaded firearm you must show proof of insurance to cover your actions. Our insurer will not allow loaded weapons in any of the show halls."

What kind of insurance are they talking about? Regardless of the wording that makes it sound like anyone carrying a gun is going to spray crowds of people with bullets, I can understand an insurer's banning guns, but are they expecting people to carrying personal insurance or something? :question:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It sounds like a measured way of the promoter disclaiming responsibility. Actually kind of thoughful, if you ask me.

There is at least one gun show promoter here in Virginia that makes you show clear and then puts a plastic seal through the action or cylinder when you walk in.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Skuggi wrote:
more than likely it's just Personal Liability Insurance.
You're probably right. It sure sounds like that's what they're referring to.

Idon't see any problem in the show prohibiting "loaded guns." Their insurance and its costare important factors in the presentation of the show.