• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

leo question

vabi

imported post

question? what if you ccw into a restaurant that serves alcohol? if you conceal correctly, nobody will know that I'm carrying.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

You will know, and your conscience will gnaw at you for being a criminal until your dying day.
:celebrate
You never know who may be observing you and might discern that you are armed. Look at what happened to the guy snagged at BWI. I'm sure he thought no one could tell. Is up to 364 days in jail worth the risk?

I'd like the restaurant ban to go away too, but until that July 1st come where it becomes legal I will keep OCing.

LEO 229

imported post

We have x-ray eyes and can tell just by looking at you!

But seriously... it is not something we really look for. If you were to be arrested for something else.... maybe. I have not known ANY officer that has charged someone with that.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
We have x-ray eyes and can tell just by looking at you!
Oh! Is thaaaat the glazed, vacant expression I see on some police? Thank you for clearing that up for me. :)

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You are correct, .45. My wife and I got our permits under the old law, and it wasn't until "95 that I started to have to carry openly in restaurants. Of course, this is an example of an unintended consequence that had positive effects for us in the long run!

Tomahawk

imported post

vabi wrote:
question? what if you ccw into a restaurant that serves alcohol? if you conceal correctly, nobody will know that I'm carrying.
Be careful.
jail.gif